Page 1215 of 1228 FirstFirst ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 ... LastLast
Results 30,351 to 30,375 of 30686
  1. #30351
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,486
    Weather...it is snowing pretty good. Got out and found crust, wind slabs, and some blower conditions. Hope it is better tomorrow. Exercising on snow is the best

  2. #30352
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,541
    Waiting for the sunrise.
    Looks like about 6Ē here and a frosty 14f.

  3. #30353
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,385
    Fucking pigs are having a hay-day with this. Their hearts are pumping and their tiny penises are twitching with the opportunity to hassle deviants and hard core criminals, you know skiers trying to get to the trails.

    Gilpin county Gestapo shut down any access

    Leadville/lake county pigs patrolling Freemont Pass




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  4. #30354
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,058
    Reports of sheriffs turning around people at Moffatt too.

  5. #30355
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,768
    Vail pass closed. Apparently for similar reasons as Loveland ski area. As they whittle down access points, they are just funneling people to other trailheads that won't be able to handle the volume. I'm gonna try to hit some other more obscure skiing today. Nothing rad whatsoever, but at least fun and maybe soft. Yesterday was pretty crusty, skied lines that I look at from my house but had never skied.

    There's really not much incentive to drive up from Denver right now. Conditions are dust on crust at best. Probably better off riding a bike or golfing on the Frange than driving to skiing.

  6. #30356
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,726
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Reports of sheriffs turning around people at Moffatt too.
    Tolland road closed to non residents.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  7. #30357
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Vail pass closed. Apparently for similar reasons as Loveland ski area. As they whittle down access points, they are just funneling people to other trailheads that won't be able to handle the volume. I'm gonna try to hit some other more obscure skiing today. Nothing rad whatsoever, but at least fun and maybe soft. Yesterday was pretty crusty, skied lines that I look at from my house but had never skied.

    There's really not much incentive to drive up from Denver right now. Conditions are dust on crust at best. Probably better off riding a bike or golfing on the Frange than driving to skiing.
    It's almost like they're trying to tell us something, but what is it? Hmmm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  8. #30358
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,385

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's almost like they're trying to tell us something, but what is it? Hmmm.
    If its full suspension of the US Constitution and its related right then they should make that official.

    Otherwise all these petty fascist moves, however well meaning they maybe, are blatant violations. IMO should be immediately litigated, not to stymie genuine health measures, but to clarify what the boundaries are. And unfertered unconstitutional local laws or prosecutions are not a viable way forward. FEDERAL LAW rules over local.

    And I have kept me and the family isolated for 2 weeks now, cancelled our spring break and hunkered down so not like Iím not doing my part.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  9. #30359
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    gnArvada
    Posts
    3,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Tolland road closed to non residents.
    The sheriff did everyone a favor; Moffatt is a long walk to pretty lame terrain.

  10. #30360
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Moffatt... interesting. Does Gilpin have its own hospital? Or just served by Boco/Jeffco? I hadn't thought of that area's resources being overwhelmed like the deeper mountain counties. FWIW, I'm staying home anyway...

  11. #30361
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    If its full suspension of the US Constitution and its related right then they should make that official.

    Otherwise all these petty fascist moves, however well meaning they maybe, are blatant violations. IMO should be immediately litigated, not to stymie genuine health measures, but to clarify what the boundaries are. And unfertered unconstitutional local laws or prosecutions are not a viable way forward. FEDERAL LAW rules over local.

    And I have kept me and the family isolated for 2 weeks now, cancelled our spring break and hunkered down so not like I’m not doing my part.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I agree that they are probably unconstitutional, but I don't think they need to be litigated right now. Nobody is being put in danger or significantly inconvenienced by staying out of the backcountry of San Miguel county right now. If it saves lives and reduces impact on the local population then I'd say that's for the greater good. Those $500 tickets can be overturned in the future I'm sure, or be made into a donation to the hospital for more PPE.
    Yes, in the future, there should be a process for ensuring that these actions are constitutional. But what if they decide that it is constitutional? Then the sheriff can shut down the backcountry whenever the avalanche rating in more than moderate? Slippery slope, might be better off just letting it ride for the time being.

    As for the argument that federal law trumps local, how did we get weed legalized while it was still federally illegal? Hmmm

  12. #30362
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,385

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I agree that they are probably unconstitutional, but I don't think they need to be litigated right now. Nobody is being put in danger or significantly inconvenienced by staying out of the backcountry of San Miguel county right now. If it saves lives and reduces impact on the local population then I'd say that's for the greater good. Those $500 tickets can be overturned in the future I'm sure, or be made into a donation to the hospital for more PPE.
    Yes, in the future, there should be a process for ensuring that these actions are constitutional. But what if they decide that it is constitutional? Then the sheriff can shut down the backcountry whenever the avalanche rating in more than moderate? Slippery slope, might be better off just letting it ride for the time being.

    As for the argument that federal law trumps local, how did we get weed legalized while it was still federally illegal? Hmmm
    Well actually you hit the nail on the head. Once theyve learned their unchecked power in the short run why would any cost conscious sheriff allow any BC skiing, health risk on days above low. Cut out 95% of the avy related SAR costs.

    Thats the slippery slope.


    As far as weed, you dont think that the DEA could shut down every 420 store in the state? Tomorrow it could happen.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  13. #30363
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    If its full suspension of the US Constitution and its related right then they should make that official.

    Otherwise all these petty fascist moves, however well meaning they maybe, are blatant violations. IMO should be immediately litigated, not to stymie genuine health measures, but to clarify what the boundaries are. And unfertered unconstitutional local laws or prosecutions are not a viable way forward. FEDERAL LAW rules over local.

    And I have kept me and the family isolated for 2 weeks now, cancelled our spring break and hunkered down so not like Iím not doing my part.

    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I agree that they are probably unconstitutional, but I don't think they need to be litigated right now. Nobody is being put in danger or significantly inconvenienced by staying out of the backcountry of San Miguel county right now. If it saves lives and reduces impact on the local population then I'd say that's for the greater good. Those $500 tickets can be overturned in the future I'm sure, or be made into a donation to the hospital for more PPE.
    Yes, in the future, there should be a process for ensuring that these actions are constitutional. But what if they decide that it is constitutional? Then the sheriff can shut down the backcountry whenever the avalanche rating in more than moderate? Slippery slope, might be better off just letting it ride for the time being.

    As for the argument that federal law trumps local, how did we get weed legalized while it was still federally illegal? Hmmm
    I await your forthcoming treatises on constitutional law and the subtle interplay of federalism and states rights.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  14. #30364
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Splat's Garage
    Posts
    3,522
    We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado. I say if you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, go skiing. If you don't live near a trailhead, don't go skiing.

    Pretty simple.

  15. #30365
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado.
    Ya think?
    https://www.facebook.com/ChrisTomer/...type=3&theater
    Old's Cool.

  16. #30366
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I await your forthcoming treatises on constitutional law and the subtle interplay of federalism and states rights.
    I laughed. Thanks. Let's throw some 10th amendment analysis in there for good measure.

  17. #30367
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    856
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  18. #30368
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Bunch of virtue signaling cunts they are, thats why.

    Too stupid to really think through where the real problems in transmission and non related Hospital admissions are.

    Are they ranting that people stop letting their kids ride bikes around the neighborhood? I heard from a nurse that theyve seen a rise in broken arms and such from kids falling off bikes with all the free time.

    Are they ranting that people shouldnt drink too much alcohol since incidents of falling down down the stairs, etc go up, domestic violence goes up?

    Are they ranting that people are now all walking around the same parks and streets in cities mich more densely than BC ski trails?

    Are they ranting about depressed people sitting at home alone going into the cycles of despair that can lead to suicide?

    Are they actually doing something like reaching out to help local companies to retool to produce PPE?

    Are they reaching out to friend to look out for them?

    ???




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  19. #30369
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Salida, CO
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado. I say if you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, go skiing. If you don't live near a trailhead, don't go skiing.

    Pretty simple.

  20. #30370
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely. TGR Forums
    Yes, this is getting frustrating. I was just watching 9news and they showed a photo of a full Berthoud parking lot and said "people, we can do better than this." Then it cut to weather and clips of people running and hiking on trails and talking about what a nice day to get outside. I'm pretty sure that those trailhead parking lots are also full.
    I totally agree with staying away from the small mountain towns and surroundings. But an out and back up to Brainard or Moffatt, etc? People are a lot more spread out there than on the FR trails.
    But I've been shamed into staying home... and bitching on the internet!

  21. #30371
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    2,111
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200329_122322.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	322845

  22. #30372
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,486
    Fuck mainstream and social media for their shame campaigns. We out there and being completely safe
    Last edited by simple; 03-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.

  23. #30373
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,819
    Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Seriously. I'm driving less than 10 miles to a trailhead and as far as I can tell, the internet says I shouldn't. but it also says I should ride my bike at Hartman's since it's open. I've gotten hurt a lot more times on the MTB than I have skiing...

  24. #30374
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,894

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Seriously. I'm driving less than 10 miles to a trailhead and as far as I can tell, the internet says I shouldn't. but it also says I should ride my bike at Hartman's since it's open. I've gotten hurt a lot more times on the MTB than I have skiing...
    Same thing is happening here in the Wasatch. One of the MTB trail groups is actually pushing in social media to ride your bike, as long as its from your house but "definitely don't go backcountry skiing" WTF

  25. #30375
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    summit county
    Posts
    330
    Hoping the ski hype will die down in a couple weeks and we can get back to some uncrowned trailheads with some good olí Colorado spring skiing. Donít a lot of people stop skiing around this time of year anyways?

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •