Page 702 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 ... LastLast
Results 17,526 to 17,550 of 41273
    It was okay, sort of mellow. Too many decrepit old Beaver Creek fossils who used to play bridge with Gerald Ford. And people who think Jimmy Buffet is edgy.
    Last edited by JoeStrummer; 02-06-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    "Buy the Fucking Plane Tickets!"
    -- Jack Tackle

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer View Post
    It was okay, sort of mellow. Too many decrepit old Beaver Creek fossils who used to play bridge with Gerald Ford. And people who think Jimmy Buffet is edgy.
    Other than more people, was it like the World Cup BC hosts every year? Or different vibe?

Has every day been that difficult to get in?

Anyone know if you can park at Arrowhead and come in the back way?

Vail was skiing like it's April but we found good untouched powder left in many shaded glades...still out there.

Rodeo lot was packed to the gills when I left to go rock climbing in wolcott. No shirt necessary, it was tropical up on the wall.

Crampedon is here at the wimmens downhill.

]
    Nope, I can't take the heat, after that delicious pow day Wednesday I ripped to the airport. Home building bikes already.
    Back for the next polar vortex.

I saw that dude across from us at the women's medal ceremony, not sure who it is. It was so packed by the stage we could not move. Had to bitch slap some Bro-brahs who piled in on us halfway through the show and started smoking ciggys in the crowd, Fuckatards. They won't soon forget me.

Some guy from here did some ski bus stunt a few years ago, trying to ski every resort in the west in some camper with Maui written on it. I think it was him. If I had his trust fund I would do it a little differently.

Vibes to Bode+++++

I'll second the heavy cream cheese in RMNP. Dream chutes were damn good though and the weather was splitter today.

Anti-bh:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1423285448.605574.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	758.2 KB 
ID:	163552

Quote Originally Posted by Crampedon View Post
    Nope, I can't take the heat, after that delicious pow day Wednesday I ripped to the airport. Home building bikes already.
    Back for the next polar vortex.

I saw that dude across from us at the women's medal ceremony, not sure who it is. It was so packed by the stage we could not move. Had to bitch slap some Bro-brahs who piled in on us halfway through the show and started smoking ciggys in the crowd, Fuckatards. They won't soon forget me.

Some guy from here did some ski bus stunt a few years ago, trying to ski every resort in the west in some camper with Maui written on it. I think it was him. If I had his trust fund I would do it a little differently.

Vibes to Bode+++++
    Wow, where's the aloha?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Wow, where's the aloha?
    The aloha is ever-present!

The drunk kids stomping on peoples feet and purposely banging into people trying to enjoy the show while blowing cigarette smoke in their faces in a standing room only crowd had no aloha, my sympathy for their selfish, rude behavior only goes so far.

The aloha felt after they were encouraged to move on by all those in the vicinity was clear.

Now back to the weather….

Stupid gorgeous in Boulder...and lots of hot ass out there walking around.

Ok, when's it gonna snow?
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 02-08-2015 at 04:01 PM.

Both vehicles already washed so I polished the snowboards.
    It wouldn't surprise me to see rain up to 10K with this incoming storm, it's looking quite toasty and a shitty wind direction.
    CO river snowpack still hanging on though.

It was 50F and drizzling in Idaho Springs this morning, and hammering slush bumps made it really feel like May. Sign me up for a tour on the USS Butthurt Express.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Does it make a stop at the golf course in eagle-vail?

Today was fucking awesome.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

your all killing me

by the time everyone gives up on ski season it'll ramp back up mid/late march to late april, it will be snowy in the mtns and rainy sleet and snowy on the front range, everyone will confused depressed and upset because thats now how it's suppose to work, but people were all high on bikes golf and hot ass running around in early feb and just complaining that it wasn't snowing, with a solid base this year there is nothing to worry about when it starts dumping in early spring it's happened before and it can happen again but nothing works out like its suppose to huh

Silky recycled pow in north facing trees yesterday. Anti-butthurt here.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    your all killing me

by the time everyone gives up on ski season it'll ramp back up mid/late march to late april, it will be snowy in the mtns and rainy sleet and snowy on the front range, everyone will confused depressed and upset because thats now how it's suppose to work, but people were all high on bikes golf and hot ass running around in early feb and just complaining that it wasn't snowing, with a solid base this year there is nothing to worry about when it starts dumping in early spring it's happened before and it can happen again but nothing works out like its suppose to huh
    This.
    My most memorable powder days are those in late March/April when most have moved on to other things and the powder is deep and doesn't get tracked out in half an hour.

Taco on Tucker Mtn resembled a hard shell taco today.

It's so damn hot, I saw little guys, their orange robes burst into flames. It's that hot!

Deeep slush this afternoon on the southish aspects

The next person I hear say "wow, it sure is nice for February" is going to get a pole up their ass.

Is JB not edgy anymore? When did this happen?
    The Sheriff is near!

Had a great time the last few days. High speed chalk surfing. Take it as it comes.

it sounds like the butthurt meter is at all time highs for the season. weather models are trending toward dry again out to the 20th or so...all aboard the butthurt express!

in other news, the mtn biking is going off on the western slope right now, plenty of dry trails out there

Quote Originally Posted by Adrider83 View Post
    Well, I thought it was pretty good this morning. Here's some clips from Loveland, with the camera angle better this time. Nothing that cool, just fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckh0HLPxLSA

I was yelling at you from chair 1....and sorry i cut you off later....I had the WAX!!!! killer day.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by Garth Bimble View Post
    The next person I hear say "wow, it sure is nice for February" is going to get a pole up their ass.
    I"ll say it wow sure is nice for february, just doubt you'll get the pole that close to me

what peoples expectations and their definition of what an average winter is and what it can be are two very different things

right now breck has just over 200 inches of snow on an average of 300 inches, whats wrong there when there is three more months of winter to go

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I"ll say it wow sure is nice for february, just doubt you'll get the pole that close to me

what peoples expectations and their definition of what an average winter is and what it can be are two very different things

right now breck has just over 200 inches of snow on an average of 300 inches, whats wrong there when there is three more months of winter to go
    B/c they've had 400" in a number of years recently, and it's sooo much more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I was yelling at you from chair 1....and sorry i cut you off later....I had the WAX!!!! killer day.
    Cool man- no worries. I didn't even notice. That was an awesome day, even though I had to go back to the office. I really needed that day.

Any hope for the San Juans in the next couple of weeks? I'm participating in a hut trip out of Ouray with San Juan Mtn Guides towards the end of Feb.

Can anyone speak to what conditions are like right now out there? I'll still be happy if it's May style skiing, I just want to know what I'm getting into.