Page 1317 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 ... LastLast
Results 32,901 to 32,925 of 41274
    Thinking of skiing the A Basin tomorrow. Don't know it well, but figure Beavers/Gullies should be in and skiing decent. Green FRS jacket, white helmet, blue pants. Ask for a nickle and I'll buy you a beer for beta on Beavers/Gullies.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Thinking of skiing the A Basin tomorrow. Don't know it well, but figure Beavers/Gullies should be in and skiing decent. Green FRS jacket, white helmet, blue pants. Ask for a nickle and I'll buy you a beer for beta on Beavers/Gullies.
    Might be up there in the afternoon. I’ll keep an eye out.

Sun came out!!

I may ski ABasin tomorrow too. Still trying to figure it out.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The beavers consist mainly of large bumps in well spaced trees. I have been trying to figure out why people like them so much.

The gullies are sweet. If you can find #5, its my favorite for sure. West Zuma is also skiing well.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    The beavers consist mainly of large bumps in well spaced trees. I have been trying to figure out why people like them.
    I’ve always wondered the same thing about Mary Jane.
    go upside down.

The beavers consist mainly of large bumps in well spaced trees. I have been trying to figure out why people like them so much.

The gullies are sweet. If you can find #5, its my favorite for sure. West Zuma is also skiing well.
    Accurate descriptions all around. So sad knowing how good and fun the Beavers used to be and how they are now, oh well. There’s some stuff on the west side worth plying around in but yeah, overall, the terrain leads to a lot of crisscrossing skiers who’s traversing creates weird incongruent lines in many places. At least it spreads people out I guess.

You can’t really go wrong in the gullies as long as you start by taking the main entrances. You will hit rocks, and navigating the terrain is the fun part. Take your time, stop and look around. It’s really a pretty cool experience to be surrounded by so much cool rock and stuff. 20+ years of skiing em and they never get old. Always different.

In stark contrast to most of the Pali terrain which is mainly large bumps in more open terrain.

It's not really saying much, but I consider the Beavers to be the best resort tree skiing in Summit. The wife, kiddo and I skied a handful of laps there on Sunday and were still finding untracked lines in the tighter, north facing trees.

Oh yeah, and Lenawee Chair is getting replaced with a high speed lift soon. I've been saying this needs to happen for years.
    Last edited by cmsummit; 02-19-2021 at 09:07 AM.
    Old's Cool.

Good beta. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    In stark contrast to most of the Pali terrain which is mainly large bumps in more open terrain.

It's not really saying much, but I consider the Beavers to be the best resort tree skiing in Summit. The wife, kiddo and I skied a handful of laps there on Sunday and were still finding untracked lines in the tighter, north facing trees.

Oh yeah, and Lenawee Chair is getting replaced with a high speed lift soon. I've been saying this needs to happen for years.
    At least Pali has some pitch to it. Steep bumps are far for fun than low angle bumps. Pali bumps are also more logically spaced due to the typical skill level of skier on Pali vs. beavers.

Great news on Lenawee chair! Where did you hear that?

At least Pali has some pitch to it. Steep bumps are far for fun than low angle bumps. Pali bumps are also more logically spaced due to the typical skill level of skier on Pali vs. beavers.

Great news on Lenawee chair! Where did you hear that?
    Parts of the Beavers have a nice pitch as well (not Pali steep, but definitely not low-angle either)......most of the areas I frequent don't ever have large bumps to begin with.

https://www.summitdaily.com/sports/a...d-warming-hut/
    Old's Cool.

Yeah, Lenawee lift replaced by a HSQ or maybe even a six-pack! Much needed for sure.
    And a new bbq restaurant down in the flats by the avalauncher? Not sure if I read that right. Ski racer, it is in the summit daily today.

Is the smoke shack still out in the Beavers?

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Is the smoke shack still out in the Beavers?
    The one at the bottom of the gully with the large rocks? Nope. That shack was about 100 yards from where the bottom of the lift is now.
    Old's Cool.

Ah. RIP to smoke shacks.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ah. RIP to smoke shacks.
    Pretty sure there’s still one off wrangler. I’ll look today.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Keep it alive. Puff puff pass (not in a pandemic)

So when did they get rid of the other chair that went to the ridge from mid-mountain? And what was that chair called...

Needless to say it had been awhile since I'd hit A-Basin...

Don't lie... we all know you love Wrangler laps.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    So when did they get rid of the other chair that went to the ridge from mid-mountain? And what was that chair called...

Needless to say it had been awhile since I'd hit A-Basin...
    Norway? I believe that was removed the same summer that the Beavers Chair was installed.....so 3 years ago?
    Old's Cool.

Norway? I believe that was removed the same summer that the Beavers Chair was installed.....so 3 years ago?
    That's the one... I thought it was odd that they removed that chair and just left the old triple going to the ridge from mid-mountain.

Don't lie... we all know you love Wrangler laps.
    Actually one of my favorite last run of the day activities is to take the longest run I can. Usually involves TB glades, wrangler, and duck out to CDOT if I’m parked up high. Wrangler is pretty fun with all the little side hits to dork around on.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's the one... I thought it was odd that they removed that chair and just left the old triple going to the ridge from mid-mountain.
    I don't think they had space up there for both top terminals. switching out Lenawee for a 4-6 HS lift should do the trick. I have to say, I am ecstatic the way they are managing this place. Really focusing on skier experience. They should bump up the season pass prices a bit.

My only concern moving to a detachable would be running that lift in the wind they get at Abasin. But I am sure they know what they are doing.

Actually one of my favorite last run of the day activities is to take the longest run I can. Usually involves TB glades, wrangler, and duck out to CDOT if I’m parked up high. Wrangler is pretty fun with all the little side hits to dork around on.
    That’s pretty much my last run every time if I’m parked up high

I might be in the minority but I really like the trees in the Beavers.