Page 1484 of 1484 FirstFirst ... 1479 1480 1481 1482 1483 1484
Results 37,076 to 37,080 of 37080
    Maybe not the most optimal place to ask this....but does anyone know what the deal is with the A-Basin BC gate at the top of Montezuma this time of year? Can you still access that gate? If so, are you allowed to hike up standard North Pole (in-bounds) bootpack if you go through the gate as long as you exit into Thurman's Bowl or Chihuahua Gulch and don't ski the east wall?

Thinking about piecing together a tour/shuttle through chihuahua gulch that utilizes that gate as access...It looks like a gold mine of spectacular spring lines can be accessed from that gate if A-Basin allows it and you play your cards right. If that gate is accessible, it even becomes feasible to huff it with backpacking gear to camp in Chihuahua gulch and ski in there for a couple of days.

Sled laps at the local junkshow were fantastic on Saturday......2 feet up high. Biggest single day storm of the season here. The snow did get heavier quickly after the first couple of runs when the sun peaked through for a brief moment, but it was snowing again when we left.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Maybe not the most optimal place to ask this....but does anyone know what the deal is with the A-Basin BC gate at the top of Montezuma this time of year? Can you still access that gate? If so, are you allowed to hike up standard North Pole (in-bounds) bootpack if you go through the gate as long as you exit into Thurman's Bowl or Chihuahua Gulch and don't ski the east wall?

Thinking about piecing together a tour/shuttle through chihuahua gulch that utilizes that gate as access...It looks like a gold mine of spectacular spring lines can be accessed from that gate if A-Basin allows it and you play your cards right. If that gate is accessible, it even becomes feasible to huff it with backpacking gear to camp in Chihuahua gulch and ski in there for a couple of days.
    They used to not mind. You might just ask. I asked once and they said they didn't care but that was maybe 10 years ago. We even skied Thurmans and skinned back into the resort once because a storm moved in. You could at least drop into Thurmans, then skin up to Chihuahua and drop one of the lower couloirs. The classic lap is Chihuahua>Marjorie. I used to add on something on Black too when I was in shape. All skied out to Peru Creek a few times. Fun stuff back there. There's some fun straight lines and drops in Chihuahua. Not totally sure that there'd be much snow left back there this season though.

Another 5-6" in town in breck this AM

gonna be epic all time out there today
    which one of you morans skied silver on friday afternoon?