Page 1217 of 1217 FirstFirst ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217
Results 30,401 to 30,422 of 30422
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo. 5 hours and I’d be the only person for miles. That’s the difference.
    QFT. Why is it so hard to understand this concept?

You all realize there's a thread dedicated to the topic, right?

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=334452

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark
    At least where I Iive, not too many taking this seriously despite 3 deaths in the county this week.
    Nobody is taking it seriously. Coworkers canít even stop crowding around for no reason all day every day.

the colorado homo
    drove 130 miles to have fun today
    will do 100 miles tomorrow or thursday
    and probably 140 on friday
    and yeah having the front range on lockdown is amazing, why can't we do this more often
    not sure if I'm riding or sking tomorrow life is full of such hard decisions god damn

Nobody is taking it seriously. Coworkers canít even stop crowding around for no reason all day every day.
    Really, within my circle of friends everybody is taking it vary seriously. Maybe it is the small town thing where people feel a true sense of community and a shared responsibility to each other or maybe it is the fact that people in rural communities have less need to socialize and don't feel fish out of water just chilling by themselves.

5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo. 5 hours and Iíd be the only person for miles. Thatís the difference.
    But there in lies the rub, the math don't work. Social distancing and vectoring aside, there simply are not enough places for everyone to go. Schools out, people are not working, the ski areas are closed. All you are doing is kicking the can down the road. You made your choices, I made mine.

For every person that drives solo half a tank of gas from home, goes deep in the woods, eats the PB&J they brung and shits in a WAG bag (that Bean FYI), there are 100 people six deep in the SUV going to Berthoud, Marble, Fruita, the Upper C, Rifle or whatever else it may be. The the people that live in those communities are forced to either some more obscure places or they simply stay home.

Its no secret that friction between city folk traveling to recreate and the people that call those places home is at an all time high. Most of the reasons are jingoistic townie bullshit, but some of the facts can't be ignored. In my little slice of heaven, the C Lot is literally full of shit...shut down. A popular trail system accessed though private property has been disrespected by parking shenanigans, off trail use, and flippancy towards the land owners...shut down. Berthoud is on the brink of being shut down...seriously. In short, the apple cart is upset. We have the tourists without the the industry and facilities to benefit from and service the tourists.

So style matters. Often it is not what you do but how you do it. You can point the finger at the other guy and self justify your behavior however you want but that doesn't chance a few critical facts. One, city folk set there life up such that recreating in the mountains and beyond requires a not insignificant amount of travel that is currently not recommended. Two, many rural communities have a lot of people really struggling right now. Between the ski areas and the service industry, I'm guessing we are running about 50% unemployment with many folks not having a lot to fall back on. Three, these are uncharted times and any and all of our actions must be done with consideration for those we share the planet with. If you can't pump the brakes on life for a month or so doing pushups in the basement and watching yoga videos on YouTube perhaps take a look in mirror and think about if you are making this better or worse.

In summary, if you chose to road trip to have fun, I don't think anybody is stopping you. Please feel the weight of the privilege. I know that if I didn't get some solo time outside in nature and a bit of adventure, I'm at risk of severe anxiety and panic attacks so I get it.

Get out, have fun, but try to do so swiftly and silently and have the utmost respect for the residents and communities you visit.

Well said, foggy.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    For every person that drives solo half a tank of gas from home, goes deep in the woods, eats the PB&J they brung and shits in a WAG bag (that Bean FYI), there are 100 people six deep in the SUV going to Berthoud, Marble, Fruita, the Upper C, Rifle or whatever else it may be.
    Spot on, and as frustrating as it is, we can't make one set of rules for competent people and another for all the gapers wanting to go hit some sweet backcountry now that the resorts are all shut down.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    In summary, if you chose to road trip to have fun, I don't think anybody is stopping you. Please feel the weight of the privilege. I know that if I didn't get some solo time outside in nature and a bit of adventure, I'm at risk of severe anxiety and panic attacks so I get it.
    This. Thank you. Well said.

Seriously, folks, listen to foggy. If you want to get all lawyerly, you can find the loophole, that the shelter in place order doesn't explicitly prohibit travel to mountain trailheads, but it's a loophole. It's fairly obvious that we should all stick very close to home.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo.

Not at 7am. We all need to adjust to the new norm.

If you really want to help in CO, sign up to volunteer or donate here

https://covrn.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I think this is well said. Agree to disagree, put the argument of retreating to a safer place, is part of the problem, IMO. Those in China>NYC, those in Lakewood>Fraser, those is Fraser>Walden...do you see the problem. This shit is bigger than any of us. Support your local community.

Oh...not matter where you live, have a big of style and compassion. Don't be a smug fuck and keep your fun of the social medias. Some people are redefining insensitive with their braggadocio.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/lette...ins-right-now/

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Not at 7am. We all need to adjust to the new norm.
    Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier? Because that's pretty rich if so.

Or are you saying everyone needs to adjust and go earlier/later? Because then you'll just have a longer crowded day, it's not going to suddenly empty the lot mid-day.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Snowing again. Enjoy responsibly if you get out.

Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier?.
    Yes, I am. Embrace it, it really is the best time of the day!

I was exiled to Illinois for 25 years. I had to find a way to cope. I found a place that backed up to the first rail trail in America. One of the busiest trails in Illinois.

90% of the people go 10% of the time.
    Go early, go late, go at night or go when itís shitty.
    Itís not really that hard to avoid people.

5Ē at 5pm and snowing an 1Ē/hour in the Elks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	323384

Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier?
    Yes, I am. Embrace it, it really is the best time of the day!
    Several of my ski days with Bean have involved skiing bulletproof spring snow many hours before it softened because he had us start so fucking early. 7am? Get the fuck out, Bean has already gone for a 10 mile skin, cooked a full breakfast, boned your mom, and had a nap by the time 7am rolls around. He's the last guy on TGR you should be telling to start earlier.

PS the open space parks on the Front Range are plenty busy at 7am, now and always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

You gotta read between the lines. Shredhead lives slopeside in Aspen. SkiCo is still allowing uphilling, but not for you...so actually it doesn't matter what time you get up...wait I'm confussed...its almost like it ain't friendly advice but more like self righteous rubbing it in your face without actually telling you that. But I thought that whole valley was sold down the river to the unwashed IKON masses?

We just couldn’t let all that good snow go to waste! Seriously, skiing and riding is our passion, this is North America’s first and best ski town, and uphilling is important to so many of us who live and work here. These days, it keeps us all healthy — and sane — more than ever. This is a time of profound disconnection. Helping people stay connected to the mountains, to the snow, and to their physical, athletic selves is something I view as a moral obligation to the community. We believe in living fully and in honoring the place where we live. As long as it can be done safely and users heed the warning to be extra cautious remembering that the slopes are closed and there are no ski patrol on duty, and of course with the support of health care experts, we will continue to allow uphilling on our slopes. Independence Pass is already seeing more hiker/biker/snowmobiler traffic than I’ve ever witnessed. Imagine how busy it would be if people did not have the option to uphill. So, the more options for getting outside here, the better. As long as people stay safe and give each other space, and residents of other communities heed the governor’s urging to not travel here (and to other mountain communities) to recreate it’s a great thing to have available.
    Kent Venturi Stroke Saver: sometimes when you got a good thing going, it's best to keep it to yourself. It's hard, I mean how would everybody know how good you got it if you don't tell them, but if you tell them them maybe you won't have it for long. I mean whats to stop the entire front range from uphilling Aspen now that they know about it...it's essential right?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

PS the open space parks on the Front Range are plenty busy at 7am, now and always.

Show me a picture tomorrow?

Itís not that hard to avoid people.

It’s not that hard to avoid people.
    Why would I drive to a Jeffco trailhead at 7am tomorrow just to show you a picture? You can look at webcams just like I can. I live in Denver and being married to a healthcare worker that actually cares about this shit, I'm following the advice of medical professionals and staying near my fucking house.

If you can get out a recreate on your local trails at 7am or 10am or whatever time and not see people, good for you. Please do it. Fresh air and exercise is a good thing. I have no doubt that everything in Aspen is deserted at 7am. It ain't that busy even when it's busy. Denver's not Aspen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

It’s not that hard to avoid people.
    Bullshit. By all indications, every spot of grass in the front range has people out of their minds walking in circles almost 24/7. You live in a bubble as do I. About 4.5million people live in the front range. They are being asked not to travel in order to recreate. Do the math. Oh, you do also know that some people still have these things called jobs and kids so they spend many hours of the day either chained to the desk slaving for Lumberg or childcare.

We get what you got. Good for you. Practice your social distancing, hope your circle of friends doesn't get it and feel a bit of compassion for those who's situation ain't quite so comfy.

kids are having parties everywhere
    out of state license plates are everywhere
    2nd homes are occupied
    we are organizing tonight torches and pitchforks rooting out all the people who don't belong
    get out of my town bitches

on a happy note i 70 is awesome going 85 is effortless
    thanks for staying home
    passed 13 semis and 3 cars today between copper and east vail
    drove down the middle of the road for the fuck of it and even let my dog drive for a mile

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

What we already knew, but mountain business is in the toilet. But we're staying home a bit.