Page 472 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 ... LastLast
Results 11,776 to 11,800 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by Poop~Ghost View Post
    When it snows you ski. When it bakes and blows you bake and get blown.
    advice of the year right there

It was wicked windy today. Mostly from the west. That really wrecked most of A-Basin open slopes. There is decent snow in the trees and below treeline. But thats not A-Basin's forte.

Think east facing below treeline.

WTF, he's in ZBT.

Whoever asked, yes, we're stuck going to Breck. I haven't skied there before so I'm fine with it (especially since my knee is kind of jacked up this season). We both have an Epic Local pass so if I come visit him, we're most likely to end up at one of those resorts. But this weekend is an organized thing with his frat and the dads, so we're going where they're going. Otherwise we'd probably go to A-Basin since I've only gotten to ski there a couple times and loved it. Frankly I don't really care where we ski. I so rarely get to ski with my son these days - or even see him much, that I'd be psyched for the weekend if it were some 400' vertical bump in MN. Besides, since I'm going to CO, it's going to snow in Tahoe - and we need it.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

All I know is this... hucks have been very huckable and pow has been very pow-able. hahaha

I've been having a blast lately, everyone who hasn't either isn't skiing the right days or just sucks at skiing lol

Mucho....eagle Cty isn't that thin below 10k...pretty typical. That being said we're still well below average. Why do you act stunned? And there is never snow on S and E aspects below 10k
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anybody have a guess how the skiing is up near Jones Pass? We'll be in WP this Saturday for a week and were considering a snowcat day with Powder Addiction, but not convinced its worth the substantial cost right now. Appears to be shin deep powder at best in the better spots. Most of next week , except for Thurs., they have 0 bookings so far, so looks unlikely they'll even be going out most days. I guess sort of tells the story on conditions right now?

Unless your going to be in the bc, I'd bring the on-piste sks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    CO Jong here. Coming to visit my son this weekend at CU for his fraternity's Dad weekend. We're skiing at Breck on Sat/Sun. Debating which skis to bring. Kind of only want to pack one pair. So, skinnier on-piste skis or fatter off-piste skis for Sat/Sun? I usually ski the Lhasas (wider skis) only when there's three dimensional snow that's ankle deep or better. Also, can I expect really cold weather, or typical Tahoe type weather? In other words, do I need to put the ear flaps on my helmet?

Ask for change for a nickel if you see us. Both have smith helmets, he has black Patagucci pants, mine are black Arcteryx with dead head patches on them. My jacket is mustard green, I think his is brown (but not sure about that).

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Mucho....eagle Cty isn't that thin below 10k...pretty typical. That being said we're still well below average. Why do you act stunned? And there is never snow on S and E aspects below 10k
    Yeah, guess its true.

Just woke up and there is a VERY good sized snow pillow on my railing here at Vail. Holy crap. Its gonna be awesome out there. Not even the day vail reported 5" was the snow that deep down here (it was only about 2"). It seems the wind died down last night and it dumped, well its still dumping, yeeah.

Quote Originally Posted by MuchosPixels View Post
    Yeah, guess its true.

Just woke up and there is a VERY good sized snow pillow on my railing here at Vail. Holy crap. Its gonna be awesome out there. Not even the day vail reported 5" was the snow that deep down here (it was only about 2"). It seems the wind died down last night and it dumped, well its still dumping, yeeah.
    6" is good sized? HOLY CRAP? It's dumping at a rate of 1/2" an hour?

You strike me as someone on vacation from Houston trying to type with the big boys.

Where did that 7" overnight at LL come from? Guess I've got no choice but to go. Light blue/yellow/AT gear/gaping it up.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Love will be good today!! Stoked!

Haha, I wish I could get out of work today. The forecasting this year has been comical. There is easily a foot on the tables in blue sky right now. Gonna be deep in the back I am sure. It was nuking last night on the tunnel webcam, so not surprised to see LL with some snow. Have fun folks!

Edit to add:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bluesky.jpg 
Views:	338 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	133793
    Last edited by garuda; 03-01-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    6" is good sized? HOLY CRAP? It's dumping at a rate of 1/2" an hour?

You strike me as someone on vacation from Houston trying to type with the big boys.
    Jesus dude, god forbid someone is excited about snow falling.
    I'd rather be wresting pebbles...

Fucking NUKING here. Probably gonna be chest deep all day out there.

Actually I'm just gonna go skiing and have fun.
    "Why Pinto?"

3 reported at BC but dumping up top
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Where did that 7" overnight at LL come from?
    Certainly not from OpenSnow. I agree with Garuda- the forecasting this year has been brutal.

First chair down grouse with the Legend Kloser. Nice snow
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Why someone would choose to be a weather forecaster for the mountains of CO is beyond me. At least Joel is giving it a shot. I would have chosen the Tahoe or the PNW where you are just like "Ok, it's gonna snow a shitload, maybe like three feet" and even if you are a foot off, people are still psyched. Here in CO, you predict 2-3 inches and they get 5 and everyone is pissed at you.

weather models look pretty decent out to mid march, moisture every 3 days or so?

SUPER nice sleeper morning at the Beav. NOBODY on the mountain and really good snow. 6-8" on the laps I made. Really light blower snow....so nice. Now to get some work done.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Trees @ WP/MJ = $$$

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    That stinks Brian.... Is it official?
    Yup, no ACL.

Doc says after a couple PT sessions, I could be able to ski (pow touring) the rest of the season with a brace. Then get the surgery in May and be on my mountain bike by June/July. Likely be 100% by next Dec/Jan.

Gonna work on getting as strong as possible before going under the knife so I'm ready to kick ass coming out. Already got the ACDC tune for next season's first edit picked out - Back in Black. Hah.

Having good insurance is a godsend. 2k out of pocket max with more PT covered than I'll be able to use. Good partial work from home gig is super helpful also.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    You strike me as an asshole with a fucking pinecone stuck up his ass

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Yup, no ACL.

Doc says after a couple PT sessions, I could be able to ski (pow touring) the rest of the season with a brace. Then get the surgery in May and be on my mountain bike by June/July. Likely be 100% by next Dec/Jan.

Gonna work on getting as strong as possible before going under the knife so I'm ready to kick ass coming out. Already got the ACDC tune for next season's first edit picked out - Back in Black. Hah.

Having good insurance is a godsend. 2k out of pocket max with more PT covered than I'll be able to use. Good partial work from home gig is super helpful also.
    Sorry to hear dude! I did mine at Vail in late Dec. 2010 and missed the epicness of the remainder of that season, so I feel your pain. Not to sidetrack this thread, but I just see what you wrote and want to say that it is best to go into ACLR with an open mind and without pre-set and/or unrealistic deadlines for getting back on the bike, skiing, etc. The best thing you can do is devote yourself to rehab then PT then strength training. Right when you start to feel good again (about 6 months out) is when your new ACL is actually at its weakest. It needs 9 months at least or better yet 12 months to really get integrated into the joint and have some durability. A longer time now is so worth having a successful reconstruction and not going through the heartache of injuring the graft during rehab. In any event, stay positive and good luck! /blog

good luck mang. I had skis on at 4months post op and skied 4th of July Bowl at Breck on the 4th of July which was 6 months op. All that being said, it took me a solid year before I was really skiing again and 2 years before my quad was normal again and my mind had healed. Let me know if I can do anything to help. +++vibes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL