Page 1042 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 ... LastLast
Results 26,026 to 26,050 of 41291
    Quote Originally Posted by ffmedic84 View Post
    Fuck Attachment 240144
    View from Summit Hospital
    I could see the smoke billow from the start all the way from Eagle today. It looked pretty damn impressive when it got going.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingislife View Post
    Near the Henderson Mill. The mine is on the east side. There's a lot of Beetle kill in that area and it's burning in an ideal place. There's sub-alpine forest and eventually tundra to the N, E, and S, and wetland/willows to the W. Let it burn.

It might snow a little bit up high Saturday night. Probably the last of the summer. Then, rain......?
    Weird, I know it is the mill, but I typed mine. Actually won a bet with my FIL about that a few years ago.

I agree, let it burn. Could open up some decent ski terrain too.

Large fire fairplay areaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180629_174631.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	240211
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Saw somewhere it's Weston Pass?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Sitting in Alamosa , that plume from the fire by La Veta is huge . Pretty much expecting them to shut down NF access real soon. Shit is getting out of hand

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Not small. Strated lastNight. Heard it burned 800 acres in the last hour. Watching it billow is nuts. Lightning started it most likely. Its in the Darling Creek drainage by Byers past GCR 3

Attachment 240147
    dang that's crazy looking. what's the update today? I guess I could look it up
    Quote Originally Posted by My Pet Powder Goat View Post
    Come for the poo-slinging, Save a fortune on a plumber.

Off topic but I have some exciting news I have been working on over the past 2 weeks. You may have seen us in vail village cruising around, but we are actively working on getting Bird Scooter into vail village. We are in beta mode right now and need people to test out and ride the scooters around town for FREE. We have 4 in vail right now but are looking to substantially increase numbers in town. You can go anywhere in town between the east edge of the golf course and cascade village. We are still in beta trying to figure out if we can make this work but if any mags want to ride the scoots around for free we need more people to test them out. They are super fun and you can get going up to 20mph on the right cement downhills. We have found that vail has not run into the same issues Denver has because there is ample bike racks and convenient locations to stash them all around town. They are super fun and if any mags want to ride for free we need people to test beta to see if vail will work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1956.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	438.4 KB 
ID:	240225

Is there a spam filter on TGR? It doesn’t seem to be working.

It makes a lot of sense to me that someone as self-assured as WTF would work for a tech-bro company that dumps shit on public right of ways for profit without coordinating with local govts.

^^^ good luck with your venture. Are they loud? I.e. can you zip around the trail on the golf course and bother all the gophers?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^ good luck with your venture. Are they loud? I.e. can you zip around the trail on the golf course and bother all the gophers?
    They are silent. Useful for sneaking up on gophers and pedestrians on sidewalks.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    It makes a lot of sense to me that someone as self-assured as WTF would work for a tech-bro company that dumps shit on public right of ways for profit without coordinating with local govts.
    Much love to you as well. I hope you find happiness.

Those things must have a governor . Tell us the hacks so we can push 30mph with them !

Can I take it up the gondola? Gonna send.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Off topic but I have some exciting news I have been working on over the past 2 weeks. You may have seen us in vail village cruising around, but we are actively working on getting Bird Scooter into vail village. We are in beta mode right now and need people to test out and ride the scooters around town for FREE. We have 4 in vail right now but are looking to substantially increase numbers in town. You can go anywhere in town between the east edge of the golf course and cascade village. We are still in beta trying to figure out if we can make this work but if any mags want to ride the scoots around for free we need more people to test them out. They are super fun and you can get going up to 20mph on the right cement downhills. We have found that vail has not run into the same issues Denver has because there is ample bike racks and convenient locations to stash them all around town. They are super fun and if any mags want to ride for free we need people to test beta to see if vail will work

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1956.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	438.4 KB 
ID:	240225
    Lots of CA cities are wanting to restrict these

SF and San Jose
    https://yro.slashdot.org/story/18/07...se-of-scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

It’s all good, vail is a home rule municipality and actually is perfect for many reasons. Ample bike racks on private property all over town and tons of appropriate options for people to park them. Very pedestrian oriented town with lots of pavement. Parking and driving in vail is a cluster. Hella tourists and a very action sports oriented community that would like riding on the scoots.

I think this will blow up

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post

I think this will blow up

When they finish burning through their venture capital?

I will give it a spin. Where do we find you in VV?

Sugarloaf Fire - burning in one of the more remote areas of this part of Colorado. There are very few roads. It is only about a mile from the St. Louis Divide. If it burns through the tundra, it will then be in the Fraser River Valley.

How is the smoke down in the San Juans? Have a week long camp trip through the area but thinking of bagging the trip and heading north.

Headed to AK for the week. You guys try not to burn the place down while I'm gone OK?

just saw from CDOT that 285 is closed from Fairplay to Antero Jct because of the Weston Pass fire. Seems weird since there's no forests there. Is it grassland burning or is it just for staging purposes?

160 is also closed by La Veta because of the Spring Fire.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    just saw from CDOT that 285 is closed from Fairplay to Antero Jct because of the Weston Pass fire. Seems weird since there's no forests there. Is it grassland burning or is it just for staging purposes?

160 is also closed by La Veta because of the Spring Fire.
    285 isn't forested, but there are plenty of forest just W of 285. Wonder if it is just a smoke issue?

Oh, yea, I'm not saying that the fire is weird or that 285 in that location is super far from forests, but they're at least 1/4 to 1/2 mile away from the road in that location. Smoke might make sense as a 3rd possible reason.