Page 1352 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 ... LastLast
Results 33,776 to 33,800 of 41142
    Coworker gave me a Loveland comp so went over there today. Nice soft groomers in the morning, 9 had some nice wind load, good slush off 4 and 1 softened up nicely for the afternoon. I do not fully *get* that mountain I feel like... ah well fun day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to me you "get it" exactly right.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yet another season at Wanker Park (but not the Jane) just fades away. Even better than the skiing in that it is just a ridiculously chill place and I really appreciate that. No loud music, no hammered douche bags, just skiing and beer drinking with friends. Thanks employees!

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Yet another season at Wanker Park (but not the Jane) just fades away. Even better than the skiing in that it is just a ridiculously chill place and I really appreciate that. No loud music, no hammered douche bags, just skiing and beer drinking with friends. Thanks employees!
    (Someone was also in C lot today.)

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    I do not fully *get* that mountain
    I had a pass there for the first time this year and..... I feel the same way. I'm curious why people choose it over Abasin. I'll probably be back next year because it's a better place to ski with my kid, in part because it's a shorter drive. I like the place, but if I had no kid or an older kid I'd pick Abasin every time. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? I'm genuinely curious.

Snowmass was off the hook this weekend and even my buds that won’t go past the round a bout, though so too!

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I had a pass there for the first time this year and..... I feel the same way. I'm curious why people choose it over Abasin. I'll probably be back next year because it's a better place to ski with my kid, in part because it's a shorter drive. I like the place, but if I had no kid or an older kid I'd pick Abasin every time. Am I missing something? Am I doing something wrong? I'm genuinely curious.
    This year was a weird year there. Normally they’re up close to 400” on the season (currently at 270” this season) so much of the terrain off Chair 1 and 4 just didn’t ski well IMO. And when it did, it was short lived (IE Tunnel Face).

Also, when the Ridge and the Snowcat isn’t fully open, it’s not as fun IMO. There are some great lines off the Divide on northern edge of the area, near Point 13,010’ and Rock Chutes. That whole area wasn’t even open this season and most of the Ridge (Super Bowl and Wild Child) didn’t even open until late because of lack of snow and the major wind event that stripped the tundra mid season.

No question though, I’d pick ABasin every time. But Loveland almost always gets more snow...I’ve had some of my deepest days there.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I was there yesterday with my kiddo. First time there this winter, was the same old great place I remember. We hit the Waffle Cabin at the bottom of Olympia via a little Dilly Dally Alley, went to the top of Pano, some Super G, had a great day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I was there yesterday with my kiddo. First time there this winter, was the same old great place I remember. We hit the Waffle Cabin at the bottom of Olympia via a little Dilly Dally Alley, went to the top of Pano, some Super G, had a great day.
    Yesterday was the most classic spring day I've had in 2 or 3 seasons. Groomers were empty and rippable until the bumps softened up for two hours. And my own silver lining of pandemic is the return of a stove for tailgating. I was actually surprised it was so empty, didn't wait on a lift line at all.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I'm about as into Loveland as one can be, and I get you. You're not doing anything wrong. If you're mostly out for skiing varied terrain, I think Abasin is pretty clear winner. Pali is unmatched (yeah, there are some fun steeps of of Chets but not nearly the amount of terrain), Zuma is more reliable than the ridge from an operations perspective, and you have the Steep Gullies. (Personally I don't really enjoy the Beavers.)

For a long time the answer between the two was drive + crowds -- when Abasin was on the Epic pass it was a pretty Epic shitshow. Now crowds are basically a wash so it's mostly a matter of drive time.

I do appreciate Loveland's constant wind-resets which can make for some sneaky good days. The on-hill cabins with free to use grills are also typically a benefit I use a lot, this year excluded. Taking a break at Ginny Lee or eTow with a couple lunch beers and a brat just feels right.

Loveland is a no-brainer from Georgetown, at least on weekends. Next year I’ll do LL +ikon, but with the uncertainty surrounding this season, it seemed to make more sense to just do Loveland.

I expect next year will be a lot closer to business as usual, so will be good to have options besides LL. I feel it was my best option this year, and not disappointed. YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Underrated + overrated ski area banter is a great offseason activity, but it's not the offseason yet. I want to love Luv, but it just doesn't do it for me. I guess it boils down to flow, pitch and run length? A-Basin and Copper are more my jam.

If you put 12" of fresh on it, like this upcoming storm may deliver, it's worth the trouble

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Underrated + overrated ski area banter is a great offseason activity, but it's not the offseason yet.
    I want to love Luv, but it just doesn't do it for me. I guess it boils down to flow, pitch and run length? A-Basin or Copper are more my jam.
    If you put 12" of fresh on it, like this upcoming storm may deliver, it's worth the trouble
    Yeah - if Loveland were the only ski area around, I'd ski there and I'd have fun. Being that it's *not* the only one, I've only been there twice in the last 30-ish years.

If I could only ski LL for a season I’d probably take up another sport. Sure I would go sometimes on Pow days and such but I’d ski far less than normal. Especially since the place rarely opens any good terrain till later in the season and I don’t want to be one of those guys who sits around bitching about bootlicking the ridge while people just over the hill at AB are lapping legit terrain in December or earlier. 😉

If I took up golf, I’d regularly play a Loveland equivalent so I could bitch about the greenskeeper or whatever.

Mini-golf at Georgetown Lake would be fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

^^^hah! its called Willis Case, watch out for the seniors.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Last edited by mt_wilson; 04-27-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    CO dad level = expert.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

rare breed

Forecast for Loveland this week?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

sounding like tomorrow could offer some nice spring powder turns. I may need a mental health day tomorrow if the basin does alright

I remember in the past there were times the ridge was closed on powder days in spring. Has that been happening? Do they keep patrol bowl open anyway? When does chair 9 load, like 930?

Maybe I just wait for it to corn up, like Friday...I would like to walk around up there.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Insanely crowded. 18 Road was fun with the kid, but holy shit, people.

And the camping looked like a music festival.
    We are doing Moab the 15-17 or so, but won't be back to the dessert until Halloween now.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Looking like a powder morning for the Basin and LL tomorrow. 🤟

Looks like a whole lot of nothing right now

Breck got some

This forecast missed big time. The 4'" at Loveland skied pretty light, so not very forgiving. Had some fun on the ridge when the sun came out though.