Page 1445 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1440 1441 1442 1443 1444 1445 1446 1447 1448 1449 1450 ... LastLast
Results 36,101 to 36,125 of 41265
    You all didn't think self driving cars were going to stay to roads only, did you?

Looking like a good powder day at Eldora tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Can't remember Colorado ever having a six week period like this where every storm, storm after storm, is an upslope in the middle of the winter. The next one for this weekend seems to be following the same pattern.
    It wasn't super long ago, maybe 2006-2008ish, where my house in highlands ranch had deeper snow than Vail all year long, so it's a 10-15 year cycle.

Glad they are OK. We can laugh about this one. There's been at least 1 fatality in Grizzly Basin and plenty close calls.

fwiw the "Buttcrack" and "The Artery" are 2 different lines.
    "The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." - Rancid Crabtree

"never buy anything you can't fuel with a salami sandwich" - XXX-er

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Can't remember Colorado ever having a six week period like this where every storm, storm after storm, is an upslope in the middle of the winter. The next one for this weekend seems to be following the same pattern.
    Hopefully this pattern, that reminds me more of an upslope, late March-April for the Front Range, isn’t a sign that full on spring/summer is right around the corner, like 2012.

for those checking out Eldora's snow stake cam, they had 3-4" before they cleared it off around 4:30pm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

basin snowstake camera seems to be down. hate to say this but makes my decision a little more difficult to decide if I am going to try to go into work late tomorrow to get in some AM turns. I mean obviously I can make that decision in the morning and maybe I should just go skiing, but still.

Worth the drive today

Nice refresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    for those checking out Eldora's snow stake cam, they had 3-4" before they cleared it off around 4:30pm.
    It's quite odd, they got another 4" or so after they cleared the stake, but this morning they only called 4", when based on the cam it looked to be about twice that over the last 24 hours. Wonder if they're undercounting to limit the craziness or if it's just due to the official counting spot being located elsewhere.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Actually, that is El Nino. La Nina pushes the storm track/jet stream north, typically. Not saying I haven't seen worse winters, I'm saying its unusual to so consistently have nothing but upslopes for a month and a half in Jan-Feb in CO....its more typical of the spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It is called La Niña. Stormtrack goes south of us midwinter. Happens every few years. Whatever. I’ve seen way worse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	la_nina_bnnr.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	186.4 KB 
ID:	406358
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	elnino-jet-wintertime-pattern_orig.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	122.4 KB 
ID:	406359

montanaskier is not amused.
    QFT……

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anyone heading up tomorrow? Should be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    It wasn't super long ago, maybe 2006-2008ish, where my house in highlands ranch had deeper snow than Vail all year long, so it's a 10-15 year cycle.
    06-07 Winter probably. Remember having friends stuck in Denver with snow and I was looking at starry skies. Did hit Stone Creek Chutes the day they opened after one of the few good storms and it was all time. But mostly constant Denver storms and zilch here. Some kinda sick joke for my first winter up here.

It's quite odd, they got another 4" or so after they cleared the stake, but this morning they only called 4", when based on the cam it looked to be about twice that over the last 24 hours. Wonder if they're undercounting to limit the craziness or if it's just due to the official counting spot being located elsewhere.
    I was wondering this too. And Jong Lafitte mentioned it the Eldora thread last storm or so. They did the same thing then.

I wish more resorts would underreport.

As busy today as last Saturday. Weekends that never end.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    As busy today as last Saturday. Weekends that never end.
    I was already schooled in that last Thursday up thread. Today I learned and didn't even bother.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Solid 1-2" this morning in the LP/Abasin/Key zone. Boot sole deep yea! At least it was cold as balls, but sunny.

It's the little victories...

Maybe this will be like Mar 2003 and we'll get 8ft.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I was already schooled in that last Thursday up thread. Today I learned and didn't even bother.
    Next week hopefully get snow on some days for us common folk.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Solid 1-2" this morning in the LP/Abasin/Key zone. Boot sole deep yea! At least it was cold as balls, but sunny.

It's the little victories...

Maybe this will be like Mar 2003 and we'll get 8ft.
    Hopefully not like March 2003 in terms of me breaking my leg.

Breck wasn’t bad yesterday. The nine inches reported must have been reported by a lifted truck owner.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Breck wasn’t bad yesterday. The nine inches reported must have been reported by a lifted truck owner.

What? Breck over-reporting?! Did they have their interns adding snow to the snow stake again?

Let Breck over-report all they want. Suck in the folks that choose their ski destination based solely on snow reports. Epic! Brace yourselves for pics of liftlines the likes which have never been seen before!

I never really think they "over" report, it's been said so many damn times that any snow stake measurement is only reflective of the most amount of snow you will find that day. I'm not in Breck right now but patrollers were sending me some seriously good pictures from yesterday. Lake chutes opened around 12:30pm and looked absolutely glorious, same with Art's bowl n such.

However, the 4" CB got yesterday skied extremely nice. Even in sun affected areas it bonded super well and the coverage is great.