Page 623 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,575 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Thanks. Did 9 run?
    Not while we were there. Perhaps early morning, but not sure.

It will be great when it opens, particularly anything NE facing since there was a really strong SW wind today.

Skiers left off 8 was also really good and it was shut down right after we skied it one time. If it didn't reopen it will be $$$ tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Sidenote - I cannot stand people traversing across fresh runs/bowls and under cornices/cliffs. It seemed to be worse today than I can ever remember. It's amazing how people will traverse across perfectly good snow instead of skiing the fall line.
    No shit.
    Find the fucking falline and make some turns around it.

Or just fucking point it.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Do you guys generally trust snowforecast.com or opensnow more?
    "4ply is so quiche"
    -Flowing Alpy

They're both hit and miss, IMO. The only thing Opensnow does better is spell out the forecast in terms an average person can understand. Weather.gov is also a good source.

I think Joel does a pretty good job considering the challenge of forecasting for our mountains. Also like NWS and CAIC. No single forecast should be taken for gospel IMO. I like to use them all as tools to help understand the trends of what's going on

Had a blast at Vail today. Snow was on the heavier side, but still a lot of fun. I-70 shitshow must have kept the crowds away because it wasn't nearly as busy as it should have been on a powder Saturday. Also seemed to keep things fresh late in to the day. Couldn't believe some of the fresh lines we were getting right up until 3pm.

Sidenote - I cannot stand people traversing across fresh runs/bowls and under cornices/cliffs. It seemed to be worse today than I can ever remember. It's amazing how people will traverse across perfectly good snow instead of skiing the fall line.
    Noticed that too at Vail...a ton of traverse lines across Gengis under the cornice. Wtf!!

Noticed that too at Vail...a ton of traverse lines across Gengis under the cornice. Wtf!!
    Gapers

Monarch was cream cheese on wind buff, skied nice. Windy enough they shutdown to 2 lifts.

maybe you didn't know about the medal they give out every year, the state of colorado and vail resorts gives out the I'M THE WORLDS BEST TRAVERSER AWARD to millions of epic pass holders each year

you should ride breck, if you start at the top of 7, lake chutes, peak 6 etc and ski the fall line with nice turns you will get tossed on at least 6-8 huge traverse tracks across the mtn on your way down, it's awesome!!!

on a side note there was a push to rope things off years ago to keep people from traversing but "upper managment, risk managment" didn't like the idea of keeping people from traversing literally for miles at a time

Wolf Creek was great yesterday, and the crowds were pretty light. Dumped all day. I'm sure this morning will be amazing.
    All I want is to be hardcore.

www.tonystreks.com

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    maybe you didn't know about the medal they give out every year, the state of colorado and vail resorts gives out the I'M THE WORLDS BEST TRAVERSER AWARD to millions of epic pass holders each year
    It is actually an EPICMESS pin, the golden feet meadowskipper, for traversing 10,000' in one day.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-03-02 at 8.08.33 AM.png
Views: 568
Size:  17.3 KB

Absolutely killer day at the Beav!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Fuuun day at Luv and dumping right now. What's going on west of here? Dumping as well? Hoping for a repeat tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Absolutely killer day at the Beav!
    Yeah, blower on top of glop. The best combo. Moar pls!

Fuuun day at Luv and dumping right now. What's going on west of here? Dumping as well? Hoping for a repeat tomorrow.
    Partly sunny, grilling burgers and drinking beer
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Partly sunny, grilling burgers and drinking beer
    Mtn life sucks

A basin was sick yesterday. It looks like the next couple of snow events will be on the warm side again.

Good couple of days if I say so myself. Looking forward to getting into the backcountry tomorrow.

Possibly some small refreshers Tuesday night and Friday.

Sent from my HTC One mini using TGR Forums

Steamboat this wknd = $$ on Friday Saturday. The steeps (Xmas trees, north st pats, east face, etc..) were so deep Friday and buff pass was real nice with creamy surfy consolidated snow Saturdays. A fun wknd for sure even if the big stuff missed us

Stable steep lines were a welcome change. Small cliffs almost completely buried. Point it. Manageable wind slabs.

Maybe the best few days of the season outside of that ridiculous stretch during late Jan/early Feb. So much fun.

Also, first big outdoor après on the Sky patio went down yesterday to close it out, killer weekend!

We were down in CB this past weekend and it did not disappoint. the wind was gnarbar though.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    It took three years, but finally got to hit the WP Cirque under good conditions yesterday.
    Faceshots right down the headwall. Man, this season is fun.
    nice... been wanting the same for years. hike only or did they have some sled running?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    nice... been wanting the same for years. hike only or did they have some sled running?
    They had the cat towing the sled out there. If you time their arrival right, it looks like a pretty comfortable ride.

Sick riding this weekend for sure. Won't ever complain about all the storm and pow riding I've done but nice to get a taste of spring conditions. Getting psyched for what the next few months are going to bring.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTGR Forums1393876068.956542.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	151820