Page 1424 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 1429 ... LastLast
Results 35,576 to 35,600 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    Surgery Thursday. Out for 6 weeks minimum.
    Attachment 399618

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Could've been worse:

Need more details on that pic. Hoping for a speedy recovery Elkhound. Looks brutal.

[QUOTE=Elkhound Odin;6501716]Surgery Thursday. Out for 6 weeks minimum.
    Attachment 399618

Because this thread needed another repeat of this image, here's the a successful rehab, enjoy the meds, but don't get too addicted. I personally liked a little oxy and cbd cream coupled with a single malt scotch, really seemed to put my mind at ease.

Surgery Thursday. Out for 6 weeks minimum.
    Attachment 399618

sure hope you ain’t a lefty…. nobody wants to be the involuntary master of their own domain.

fact

Does crested Butte update their lift and terrain status on their web site?

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Does crested Butte update their lift and terrain status on their web site?
    Yes, it's just that nothing is changing.

Howling winds in Summit this morning. Been awfully breezy the past week or so.

Thanks' been getting up early and checking Taos and CB in case I get the urge to drive and spend money.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Thanks' been getting up early and checking Taos and CB in case I get the urge to drive and spend money.
    I wouldn't drive to CB unless you want to hike to get to the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    I wouldn't drive to CB unless you want to hike to get to the goods.
    that sounds magical one less punter scraping the snow off the run because a lift helped them get in over their skill level

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    that sounds magical one less punter scraping the snow off the run because a lift helped them get in over their skill level
    Heh... punters usually have trouble with those surface lifts, anyways...

Neither of you are wrong. Just a PSA that you may not be getting the product you drove there for.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.

…what’s it like?

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    nudge, nudge, wink, wink. Say no more.

Name:  nudge-nudge1.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  7.8 KB

Just catching up on this thread and all the talk of the Marshall Fire. We live on the south side of Rock Creek, evacuated and thankfully our home survived. The place we evacuated to is in Lafayette and just one farm field past the fire's most eastern extent. It almost became a shit show squared for an hour or so but the winds dissipated quickly as you went east of Monarch High and the fire was stopped at 96th. I knew a few of you lived around here but did not think it was as many as I saw in the comments.

I was in the trees in the Pioneer zone. Snow was untouched but had funky windblown snow swails. I my skis got stuck in one, pitched forward arms extended, punched through the snow to my chest. my hand hit the ground, still grasping the pole, crumpled my wrist and broke the radius, dislocated the ulna.
    Bummer amigo. Pretty sure I've ridden that chair with you a while ago. Heal fast, and plus side, according to the kids these days, poles are optional! I skied (against medical advice) 4 weeks after my biceps tendon rupture repair, as soon as I got my full arm cast off. It's good practice!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You nutty bastids need to quit hurting yourself in the trees when the base is less than 50" at Winter Park.

55" *minimum* reported base... and even then... tread carefully. Esp as the dead trees start falling over and opening up "new" glades. That shit is DOWN THERE. Just waiting to get ya.

Agreed, I don't touch them with any speed until at least 60" base reported. Especially after last year's wind event.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Just catching up on this thread and all the talk of the Marshall Fire. We live on the south side of Rock Creek, evacuated and thankfully our home survived. The place we evacuated to is in Lafayette and just one farm field past the fire's most eastern extent. It almost became a shit show squared for an hour or so but the winds dissipated quickly as you went east of Monarch High and the fire was stopped at 96th. I knew a few of you lived around here but did not think it was as many as I saw in the comments.
    Similar situation as you and live at the bottom of the hill in Rock Creek. Was able to get back in a few days ago and now have heat and internet. The destruction is hard to wrap my head around and having a difficult time with social media as it seems every time I turn around I find out that a new family I know lost everything. Going to be a long road to recovery for the community.

Amazing snow in the park today. Knee deep, getting up to my crotch in places. Was able to maintain decent speed despite sticking to lower angle slopes. Some hellacious trail breaking (with some welcome help from strangers). Whiteout conditions at times. Won't be upset if those are the best turns I make this year.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220105_182213176.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	399836

Name:	PXL_20220105_192711541.MP.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	550.4 KB 
ID:	399835

Name:	PXL_20220105_171406479.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	2.12 MB 
ID:	399837

On a related note, I need some new touring partners. Anyone here skiing in RMNP or Indian Peaks midweek? Weekends and I70 stuff is good too, but midweek in the park is my jam. PM me if you want to ski.

Storm skiing tomorrow looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Similar situation as you and live at the bottom of the hill in Rock Creek. Was able to get back in a few days ago and now have heat and internet. The destruction is hard to wrap my head around and having a difficult time with social media as it seems every time I turn around I find out that a new family I know lost everything. Going to be a long road to recovery for the community.
    Glad you guys didn't lose your homes. I too struggle, I get overwhelmed with these empathetic moments of deep sadness, combined with tremendous guilt about being blissfully unaffected; I never even lost power. I know a few who lost their homes, and so many are just one degree of separation.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Dumping in the mountains, again. Might be a good day to get out early tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Glad you guys didn't lose your homes. I too struggle, I get overwhelmed with these empathetic moments of deep sadness, combined with tremendous guilt about being blissfully unaffected; I never even lost power. I know a few who lost their homes, and so many are just one degree of separation.
    I'm also grateful others here are okay. We lost power for 24 hours (which is nothing in comparison) and I live a mile as the crow flies from the 12 Tribes property where it started. I was watching it all unfold, packing a go bag, checking on peeps, trying to keep my kid calm, etc.

It's fucking awful. I have 2 friends that lost homes, one I just sold to them in November! Another friend has major smoke damage and had to move her horse during all the nightmare.

It's regularly very windy where I live on Shanahan Ridge but when it started up, this event felt very different, more of a straight line storm. If the wind had of changed, it would have been this hood.

I've been helping as much as I can and I have resources available for homes to rent or temp living spaces but I have been grieving for the community. The 2013 flood also impacted some of those areas.

Getting good snow in SOBO, hoping it keeps up. Ironically supposed to get my snow tires on at Costco tomorrow, don't think it's happening.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SterlingSpikeDancer View Post
    Agreed, I don't touch them with any speed until at least 60" base reported. Especially after last year's wind event.
    Name:  this-guy-gets-it.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  99.8 KB

Awesome day storm skiing the basin today, just kept getting better as the day went on. Tomorrow morning will be great but looks doubtful I can make it.