Page 1471 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 ... LastLast
Results 36,751 to 36,775 of 41147
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Haha employee housing planned in East Vail. That outta stir things up.

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/18/v...ng-opposition/
    Not in *MY* back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Sterling Way?
    Dang, you're good.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Haha employee housing planned in East Vail. That outta stir things up.

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/18/v...ng-opposition/
    Fuck Vail Town Council.

Fuck most mountain town councils. They are mostly corrupt and occupied by self-interested developers, business owners, and NIMBY squads.

This property they want to condemn "to save the sheep" is literally on the frontage road! https://www.vaildaily.com/news/eagle...booth-heights/
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I'm sure it's winter sheep habitat, but we know that's not what it's really about.

"Going to war" with VR over a 6 acre employee housing build is so petty and dramatic.

Hell, if you want to "save the sheep", petition the DoW to let the camo crowd eradicate the goats. Seriously.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 04-18-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Just as bad as Breck town council jerking off Dudick (BGV) for whatever he wants that no one in town asks for.

I just wonder how many on Vail's council have bitched about something relating to staffing shortages on the mountain, only to turn around and saying fuck you to employee housing.

"This development will hurt the sheep, but my empty mcmansion is completely fine."

-NIMBY

"Put the housing for the help downvalley where I can't see it."

I hope the town council meetings are on zoom? It’s going to make for some great TV.

Maybe Vail should break off from Vail Resorts and go to Ikon

Great morning at A-Basin!

Fuckin' great day at Loveland, too!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Just as bad as Breck town council jerking off Dudick (BGV) for whatever he wants that no one in town asks for.

I just wonder how many on Vail's council have bitched about something relating to staffing shortages on the mountain, only to turn around and saying fuck you to employee housing.
    ah yeah I'll try not to go off the deep end but yeah
    fuck that alcoholic coke head piece of shit he doens't even live here any more (cherry creek) cause his second try at a family doesn't like living in the mtns
    awhile ago the people in avon were losing their mind over bvg since they are now firrmly in bed with vail tons of bait and switch lies and assorted garbage
    I was like thats how they do business whats the issue?

so yeah fuck that guy

Did the snow get wet today? Headed up tomorrow and want to know how to time it.

4:20 tomorrow maaaaannnn

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    "This development will hurt the sheep, but my empty mcmansion is completely fine."

-NIMBY
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    "Put the housing for the help downvalley where I can't see it."
    I hope the town council meetings are on zoom? It’s going to make for some great TV.

Maybe Vail should break off from Vail Resorts and go to Ikon
    https://twitter.com/jasonblevins/sta...o-3gupvvQ&s=19

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capturevail.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	413730

Name:	Capturebb.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	723.2 KB 
ID:	413731

So outrageous even Vail is throwing shade.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 04-19-2022 at 08:16 PM.

Fucking valley full of cunts!

I guarantee half of their reasoning for voting to condemn is solely based on some subconscious thought in their head that they're "long time locals who 100% understand everything" or some bogus BS. Truly disgusts me.

In other news, it was full on summer riding at White Ranch yesterday and felt absolutely glorious. Will never get tired of Longhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Fucking valley full of cunts!
    I used to live downvalley but then the upvalley cunts came at me! I think it is just about the same everywhere. Honestly, I think downvalley attitude is sometimes worse. "We want to be 20 minutes max from everything, we don't want traffic on Saturday AM to the "resort" even though we are traffic, we want to yuppify town but we don't want any kind of high density appartment/workforce/affordable anything to destroy our semi-rural with high speed internet mountain dream that we won't share with anyone."

Follow the availability of water sewer taps. You may find the answer.

spring time in colorado seems that the colorado moaner is in full effect gosh what are we to do beside bitch and moan

perfect spring skiing conditions (check)
    sunny and pleasant in the mtns (check)
    lift lines whats a lift line (check)
    hot and primo mtb riding on crowded front range trails (check)
    dusty bad ass desert trips (check)
    the average gaper staying home to do projects because the mtns are still cold and snowy (check)
    a real life actual mud season in effect (check)
    a cold gloomy day putting a frown on the face (check)
    a bluebird day with too many recreational options (check)

Town of Vail votes 4-3 for condemnation of Vail Resort's employee housing parcel:

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/20/v...dable-housing/

FUCK TOWN OF VAIL

This is probably just a negotiating ploy to get some hands greased. Otherwise it is Town of Vail trying to eminent domain court battle Vail Resorts. That will blow a lot of town money and make many hard feelings. Fucking corrupt ass mountain town councils... they'll get their hands greased behind the scenes, have Vail cough up a little more window dressing for the environment, and claim victory in the name of the workers, the environment, and beating up Vail Resorts.

I have zero love for Vail Resorts, but for fucks sakes!
    Last edited by Summit; 04-20-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Town of Vail votes 4-3 for condemnation of Vail Resort's employee housing parcel:

https://coloradosun.com/2022/04/20/v...dable-housing/

FUCK TOWN OF VAIL

This is probably just a negotiating ploy to get some hands greased. Otherwise it is Town of Vail trying to eminent domain court battle Vail Resorts. That will blow a lot of town money and make many hard feelings. Fucking corrupt ass mountain town councils... they'll get their hands greased behind the scenes, have Vail cough up a little more window dressing for the environment, and claim victory in the name of the workers, the environment, and beating up Vail Resorts.

I have zero love for Vail Resorts, but for fucks sakes!
    I came to say pretty much the same thing.

Fuck Vail Resorts, but also fuck the town of Vail.

Friday looks to be a dangerous fire day on the Front Range. Fuck this shit. From DenverandFrontRangeWeather.com

I need all of you to read this, and then share it. If there's any time you want to take me seriously, it's right now.
    An EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FIRE WEATHER EVENT is growing more and more likely on Friday.
    What do I mean?
    Strong southerly/southwesterly winds of 25-35mph gusting as high as 60mph.
    Combine that with very low relative humidity. Less than 10%, and as low as 5%.
    Also, temperatures are going to be in the low 80s ahead of the cold front.
    That means any new fires that start will SPREAD RAPIDLY. The kind of fires where all you can do is get the hell out of the way.
    I'm not saying this to scare you, but prepare you. This is a very real threat. Just ask the folks in Superior and Louisville.
    It makes me sad that I have to say this, but we need to improvise, adapt, and overcome, right? Focus on what we have control over.
    So, here's my advice:
    You need to have VERY HIGH sensory acuity on Friday. Really, any day where it's dry, warm, and there's even the slightest hiccup of wind, but you really need to be focused on Friday. Focused on doing your part to take care of yourself, and the people around you by being smart, using common sense, and reporting something if you see it.
    My suggestion as well is to have an emergency supply kit/evacuation bag already prepared and ready to go. In addition to these steps, have a plan in place. If the time comes and you need to leave fast, I want you to be ready, and KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO.

The Jane is still skiing really well. The bumps are getting smaller and smaller. There is nobody around. Sounds like we will be open to 5/22 and maybe the weekend after. Git sum.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I came to say pretty much the same thing.

Fuck Vail Resorts, but also fuck the town of Vail.
    Having very little knowledge of anything related to this besides what I've read in the paper, I feel like this was a BS move by VR and the town called their bluff. VR owns a few developable properties in the VV and this was probably the most controversial and least likely to happen. Therefore, they went for it, knowing that it would probably get shot down, but if it didn't, they'd avoid having to put employee housing on their other holdings, retaining their value for future development of more million dollar condos. It also puts the town council on the spot, forcing them to make the call, and either way they lose and look like assholes (which they are). At the end of the day, it is all just a political chess move, just like every single other development in the VV since '66.

This heat and dust in the San Juans is destroying the snow pack.

Name:	PNG image.png 
Views:	94 
Size:	375.2 KB 
ID:	413948

Depressing graph considering I'm in the middle of a move and then traveling the first week of May.