Page 1067 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 ... LastLast
Results 26,651 to 26,675 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's a cool piece of art, they are fools to just take it down
    Standard NIMBYism. "There are cars on my street, take it down"

Leave for 12 days and all hell breaks loose.

Although I’m not really caring much as I think I’m done skiing for good

Name:  IMG_9522.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  227.8 KB

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9033.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	255536
    You should have been here yesterday!

They didn't waste any time- it came down this morning.

Apparently, Copper Mountain is have a hell of a time with lifts and the Super B, Flyer, and Eagle are all down and not ready for opening day. Getting parts shipped from overseas and such.

This also means that the racers have been taking the A lift. Lindsey Vonn, riding the A lift, wish I had a pic of that!

Drove by this morning and the coverage looks great up there though, hopefully they get their lift shit figured out soon or they might be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Leave for 12 days and all hell breaks loose.

Although I’m not really caring much as I think I’m done skiing for good

Name:  IMG_9522.JPG
Views: 415
Size:  227.8 KB

Name:	IMG_9033.JPG 
Views:	131 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	255536
    SurfTron®

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Apparently, Copper Mountain is have a hell of a time with lifts and the Super B, Flyer, and Eagle are all down and not ready for opening day. Getting parts shipped from overseas and such.

This also means that the racers have been taking the A lift. Lindsey Vonn, riding the A lift, wish I had a pic of that!

Drove by this morning and the coverage looks great up there though, hopefully they get their lift shit figured out soon or they might be screwed.
    yeah they have got to be freaking out over there but being a former employee this shit does not surprise me

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    yeah they have got to be freaking out over there but being a former employee this shit does not surprise me
    Can you imagine the lines if they opened with just the A lift?

The Jane opens a week from today, according to WP on FB.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can you imagine the lines if they opened with just the A lift?
    Not only that, it would mean that people might actually discover A lift!
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Union Creek & Timberline will be running.

That would be unfortunate.

Although *most* of the world is far too impatient to use it once the high-speed lifts are in place, IMO.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Why didn’t Breck just relocate the troll away from a residential neighborhood? That was short sighted.

Nice and chalky up high at ABasin. Per Al, the Beavers lift may open soon.

Yeah, that too. A has always been our sanctuary when we ski there on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontele View Post
    How's it looking?
    Could you please DM me. I am a new member and was told to talk to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Park. View Post
    Could you please DM me. I am a new member and was told to talk to you.
    Yes, Rontele knows all.

Just got an email from Copper advertising the Super B as opening tomorrow.

Front Range looking gooood

Name:	IMG_1724.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	255621

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Front Range looking gooood

Name:	IMG_1724.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	266.7 KB 
ID:	255621
    Blue and white sure go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yes, Rontele knows all.
    He's really trying hard to get a hold of rontele, he found and quoted a post from 10 months ago!

Well, it was quite poorly planned by the Town, mostly due to the fact that the popularity it would gain was vastly underestimated. However, you wouldn't know this from the media coverage...they make it seem like it was all the neighborhood's fault.

I live in the neighborhood and only a handful of people had complaints and most of those were legitimate......people urinating in backyards, illegally parking all over, blocking residents' vehicles in, forest damage (side trails) due to people traveling off trail, littering at the site of the troll, one homeowner even came out of her house to a parent helping her kid take a dump in their driveway. It was quite out of hand. For background, this area might see 30-40 trail users per day this time of year, but Isak was attracting 1,300 on a single busy weekend day. Again, it was out of hand.

The Town eventually got a handle on the parking, vehicle traffic and trail damage by putting up signs and directing people to park downtown and take the bus....that worked pretty well and quelled many of the complaints. More recently, however, with the recent snowfall the access trail became snow packed, very icy and a few people slipped and injured themselves. Given that this art installment was Town sponsored, on Town land and accessed by Town trails and with the potential liability they faced, the Town felt it was in their best interest to remove him. One Town Council member told me they couldn't provide a safe environment to access the site through the winter.

It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation and what the media doesn't tell you. There's more to it than just a few NIMBY's. Great idea, poor execution.....a learning experience for the Town. I'm pro-troll......I hope they reconstruct him in a more suitable location.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Well, it was quite poorly planned by the Town, mostly due to the fact that the popularity it would gain was vastly underestimated. However, you wouldn't know this from the media coverage...they make it seem like it was all the neighborhood's fault.

I live in the neighborhood and only a handful of people had complaints and most of those were legitimate......people urinating in backyards, illegally parking all over, blocking residents' vehicles in, forest damage (side trails) due to people traveling off trail, littering at the site of the troll, one homeowner even came out of her house to a parent helping her kid take a dump in their driveway. It was quite out of hand. For background, this area might see 30-40 trail users per day this time of year, but Isak was attracting 1,300 on a single busy weekend day. Again, it was out of hand.

The Town eventually got a handle on the parking, vehicle traffic and trail damage by putting up signs and directing people to park downtown and take the bus....that worked pretty well and quelled many of the complaints. More recently, however, with the recent snowfall the access trail became snow packed, very icy and a few people slipped and injured themselves. Given that this art installment was Town sponsored, on Town land and accessed by Town trails and with the potential liability they faced, the Town felt it was in their best interest to remove him. One Town Council member told me they couldn't provide a safe environment to access the site through the winter.

It sucks, but that's the reality of the situation and what the media doesn't tell you. There's more to it than just a few NIMBY's. Great idea, poor execution.....a learning experience for the Town. I'm pro-troll......I hope they reconstruct him in a more suitable location.
    Sounds like the underlying issue is that our society just can’t have nice things.

Did the town seriously not install porta potties at the trail head?

I urinated on the troll so did my dog it was on the part everyone touches

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Wow had no idea that many people were visiting him on busy days. Fuck those assholes shitting and pissing on people’s property. What the fuck is wrong with people?

People are losing their shit over this on social media. So much hatred of the town government.

wasnt planning to hit CO until jan but things are looking really good now, what do you think will have the most terrain open in 2-3 weeks? thinking about getting a flight and taking a quick weekend trip

Quote Originally Posted by xone View Post
    wasnt planning to hit CO until jan but things are looking really good now, what do you think will have the most terrain open in 2-3 weeks? thinking about getting a flight and taking a quick weekend trip
    Better hurry up, the troll might be gone by then.