Page 1215 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 ... LastLast
Results 30,351 to 30,375 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Vail pass closed. Apparently for similar reasons as Loveland ski area. As they whittle down access points, they are just funneling people to other trailheads that won't be able to handle the volume. I'm gonna try to hit some other more obscure skiing today. Nothing rad whatsoever, but at least fun and maybe soft. Yesterday was pretty crusty, skied lines that I look at from my house but had never skied.

There's really not much incentive to drive up from Denver right now. Conditions are dust on crust at best. Probably better off riding a bike or golfing on the Frange than driving to skiing.
    It's almost like they're trying to tell us something, but what is it? Hmmm.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's almost like they're trying to tell us something, but what is it? Hmmm.
    If its full suspension of the US Constitution and its related right then they should make that official.

Otherwise all these petty fascist moves, however well meaning they maybe, are blatant violations. IMO should be immediately litigated, not to stymie genuine health measures, but to clarify what the boundaries are. And unfertered unconstitutional local laws or prosecutions are not a viable way forward. FEDERAL LAW rules over local.

And I have kept me and the family isolated for 2 weeks now, cancelled our spring break and hunkered down so not like I’m not doing my part.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Tolland road closed to non residents.
    The sheriff did everyone a favor; Moffatt is a long walk to pretty lame terrain.

Moffatt... interesting. Does Gilpin have its own hospital? Or just served by Boco/Jeffco? I hadn't thought of that area's resources being overwhelmed like the deeper mountain counties. FWIW, I'm staying home anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    If its full suspension of the US Constitution and its related right then they should make that official.

Otherwise all these petty fascist moves, however well meaning they maybe, are blatant violations. IMO should be immediately litigated, not to stymie genuine health measures, but to clarify what the boundaries are. And unfertered unconstitutional local laws or prosecutions are not a viable way forward. FEDERAL LAW rules over local.

And I have kept me and the family isolated for 2 weeks now, cancelled our spring break and hunkered down so not like I’m not doing my part.

I agree that they are probably unconstitutional, but I don't think they need to be litigated right now. Nobody is being put in danger or significantly inconvenienced by staying out of the backcountry of San Miguel county right now. If it saves lives and reduces impact on the local population then I'd say that's for the greater good. Those $500 tickets can be overturned in the future I'm sure, or be made into a donation to the hospital for more PPE.
    Yes, in the future, there should be a process for ensuring that these actions are constitutional. But what if they decide that it is constitutional? Then the sheriff can shut down the backcountry whenever the avalanche rating in more than moderate? Slippery slope, might be better off just letting it ride for the time being.

As for the argument that federal law trumps local, how did we get weed legalized while it was still federally illegal? Hmmm

I agree that they are probably unconstitutional, but I don't think they need to be litigated right now. Nobody is being put in danger or significantly inconvenienced by staying out of the backcountry of San Miguel county right now. If it saves lives and reduces impact on the local population then I'd say that's for the greater good. Those $500 tickets can be overturned in the future I'm sure, or be made into a donation to the hospital for more PPE.
    Yes, in the future, there should be a process for ensuring that these actions are constitutional. But what if they decide that it is constitutional? Then the sheriff can shut down the backcountry whenever the avalanche rating in more than moderate? Slippery slope, might be better off just letting it ride for the time being.

As for the argument that federal law trumps local, how did we get weed legalized while it was still federally illegal? Hmmm
    Well actually you hit the nail on the head. Once theyve learned their unchecked power in the short run why would any cost conscious sheriff allow any BC skiing, health risk on days above low. Cut out 95% of the avy related SAR costs.

Thats the slippery slope.

As far as weed, you dont think that the DEA could shut down every 420 store in the state? Tomorrow it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post

I await your forthcoming treatises on constitutional law and the subtle interplay of federalism and states rights.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado. I say if you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, go skiing. If you don't live near a trailhead, don't go skiing.

Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado.
    Ya think?
    https://www.facebook.com/ChrisTomer/...type=3&theater
    Old's Cool.

I await your forthcoming treatises on constitutional law and the subtle interplay of federalism and states rights.
    I laughed. Thanks. Let's throw some 10th amendment analysis in there for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely.

Quote Originally Posted by skiracer88_00 View Post
    Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely.

Bunch of virtue signaling cunts they are, thats why.

Too stupid to really think through where the real problems in transmission and non related Hospital admissions are.

Are they ranting that people stop letting their kids ride bikes around the neighborhood? I heard from a nurse that theyve seen a rise in broken arms and such from kids falling off bikes with all the free time.

Are they ranting that people shouldnt drink too much alcohol since incidents of falling down down the stairs, etc go up, domestic violence goes up?

Are they ranting that people are now all walking around the same parks and streets in cities mich more densely than BC ski trails?

Are they ranting about depressed people sitting at home alone going into the cycles of despair that can lead to suicide?

Are they actually doing something like reaching out to help local companies to retool to produce PPE?

Are they reaching out to friend to look out for them?

???

We all know skiers are some of the most self-entitled dipshits in Colorado. I say if you're lucky enough to live in the mountains, go skiing. If you don't live near a trailhead, don't go skiing.

Pretty simple.

Why do people insist that posting pictures of full parking lots at trailheads is supposed to indicate everyone there is being irresponsible. There are thousands of acres for people to spread out at Berthoud. Have you seen the parking lots at Costco lately. This shit is getting old. Let people get outside and recreate safely. TGR Forums
    Yes, this is getting frustrating. I was just watching 9news and they showed a photo of a full Berthoud parking lot and said "people, we can do better than this." Then it cut to weather and clips of people running and hiking on trails and talking about what a nice day to get outside. I'm pretty sure that those trailhead parking lots are also full.
    I totally agree with staying away from the small mountain towns and surroundings. But an out and back up to Brainard or Moffatt, etc? People are a lot more spread out there than on the FR trails.
    But I've been shamed into staying home... and bitching on the internet!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200329_122322.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	322845

Fuck mainstream and social media for their shame campaigns. We out there and being completely safe
    Last edited by simple; 03-29-2020 at 03:33 PM.

Seriously. I'm driving less than 10 miles to a trailhead and as far as I can tell, the internet says I shouldn't. but it also says I should ride my bike at Hartman's since it's open. I've gotten hurt a lot more times on the MTB than I have skiing...

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Seriously. I'm driving less than 10 miles to a trailhead and as far as I can tell, the internet says I shouldn't. but it also says I should ride my bike at Hartman's since it's open. I've gotten hurt a lot more times on the MTB than I have skiing...
    Same thing is happening here in the Wasatch. One of the MTB trail groups is actually pushing in social media to ride your bike, as long as its from your house but "definitely don't go backcountry skiing" WTF

Hoping the ski hype will die down in a couple weeks and we can get back to some uncrowned trailheads with some good ol’ Colorado spring skiing. Don’t a lot of people stop skiing around this time of year anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Hoping the ski hype will die down in a couple weeks and we can get back to some uncrowned trailheads with some good ol’ Colorado spring skiing. Don’t a lot of people stop skiing around this time of year anyways?
    Yep, 60's and 70's and sunny in Denver is coming in the next few days. People will forget all about the mountain snow hopefully. It really is all just hype. I could definitely use some sunny days in the high alpine though.

Yep, 60's and 70's and sunny in Denver is coming in the next few days. People will forget all about the mountain snow hopefully. It really is all just hype. I could definitely use some sunny days in the high alpine though.
    Fingers crossed.

Pretty simple.
    Please, the entitled dipshits are everywhere. People going to the beach and surfing, people crowding Tuckerman’s Ravine and getting that closed down, etc.

Its so refreshing to see some voices of reason in here. The shaming on social media (and the actual media) of people partaking in low-risk activities that foster their physical and mental health has become toxic. The Sunday morning news on CBS summed it up perfectly yesterday: "Its social distancing, not house arrest".

Anyone of you have businesses in Colorado that could produce any part of emergency PPE or parts for ventilators?

PPE provider registration page

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...zvT5w/viewform

Edited to the best current opensource design and production kits per my contacts

PM me if so

https://rapidvent.grainger.illinois.edu/index.asp
    “simplest design we have found”

Medtronic -
    https://www.medtronic.com/us-en/e/open-files.html

Everything to produce these is opensource and on that site by end of today.

Last edited by Kinnikinnick; 03-31-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Well, a Stay-At-Home Order has been issued and photos of still crowded trailheads are a pretty good indication that many are not heeding the directive.....it's really that simple. Stay at home is being heavily encouraged not only for social distancing purposes, but also to avoid rescue missions that will strain local mountain resources and could potentially and unknowingly expose rescuers to the virus. Yep, it's really that simple.... crazy that's there's no bigger conspiracy working here, right?
    https://www.facebook.com/ChrisTomer/...type=3&theater
    If you feel this doesn't apply at all to you and you're still gonna do what you please.......stay clear of people and don't get hurt.
    Old's Cool.