Page 910 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 905 906 907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 ... LastLast
Results 22,726 to 22,750 of 41256
    There is a lot of whining lately considering that this is the biggest latest storm many can remember in the last 20 years.

a. Your life and and your timing are your problem. With all the webcam and telemetry, if you can't figure out what roads/weather/snow are like...no sympathy.

b. The ski areas challenge late/post season is revenue plain and simple. Months of great spring skiing go by with walk on chairs. The last day the Jane was open, the skiing was great. There were about 50 cars in the parking lot when the chairs stopped spinning for the year. Passholders sitting on the tailgate drinking beers does not pay the bills. There is plenty the ski areas could do to address this but they don't so here we are.

c. I'm glad all the E(very) P(rick) I(n) C(olorado) pass holders have somewhere to go. Berthoud used to be a lot busier late season when the lift riders had no where to go.

d. Remember when...yeah...that ship has sailed...we got a thread for that. I remember when there was a ski area that had great terrain and the most snow around that couldn't get enough skiers to pay $10 a ticket to stay open. I remember when that ski area closed the last time and we'd snowmobile shuttle everything with no one around. I remember with you used to be able to buy a spring pass to A-Basin. We'd ski in the morning, kayak in the afternoon and camp in the parking lot. When there was concrete to be poured and framing to be done, our boss used to drive over from Parshall and tell us it was time to go to work.

e. I wish it were spring all the time. Too much to do not enough time.

What he said ^^^

every punter is headed to Abay today and they all call it abay even though it's no where near any water, they all think if they get up early and head their early they'll score. But the sad thing everyone who wants to slay some chewed up sierra cement powder only to say they skied two feet of fresh on facebook will sadly be disappointed but hey it'll look rad to your friends back home

can we start a new thread, I remember when................. colorado was cooler and so was I

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    ^^Holy shit balls. Wow, that's close to "come back at noon" territory.
    Buddy who sent it said he skinned River Run and it was way better ! I sacrificed myself (you're welcome guys) and worked in CA this week and will say that mid may is an A+time to visit San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    LL will most likely never stay open passed early May. I guees it's in their lease with the USFS and I guess it's a different office since they are in Clear Creek County, more strict. It's due to their migration corridor since they are the largest land bridge along I-70 due to the tunnel.
    Yes, thank goodness the great May migration of elk over the 12,600' divide can get underway.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Dude, it's late May.
    True, but I skied blower (OK, maybe not Champagne pow TM Steamboat Resorts) in early may, and mid may, and now I want it in June, July, and August. I've got a dream maaaaan. Climate change, it's gonna solve all of our problems.
    Last edited by North; 05-20-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Federal judge halts Village at Wolf Creek land swap

https://durangoherald.com/articles/1...it_nosession=1

"Jimbo Buickerood of the San Juan Citizens Alliance said Matsch’s strongly-worded decision recognizes the passion residents expressed for the protection of Wolf Creek Pass.

“This victory represents the power of all of us to work together for the benefit of wild places, watersheds and wildlife habitat – the people’s voice has been heard,” Buickerood said. “We appreciate the diligence that Judge Matsch brought to the legal case in thoroughly examining the record that highlighted the shortcomings of the NEPA process and the pummeling that the environment would take should the project be approved.” "

developers could appeal
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    Federal judge halts Village at Wolf Creek land swap

https://durangoherald.com/articles/1...it_nosession=1

"Jimbo Buickerood of the San Juan Citizens Alliance said Matsch’s strongly-worded decision recognizes the passion residents expressed for the protection of Wolf Creek Pass.

“This victory represents the power of all of us to work together for the benefit of wild places, watersheds and wildlife habitat – the people’s voice has been heard,” Buickerood said. “We appreciate the diligence that Judge Matsch brought to the legal case in thoroughly examining the record that highlighted the shortcomings of the NEPA process and the pummeling that the environment would take should the project be approved.” "

developers could appeal
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Any one have any idea how close to the James Peak Lake Trailhead one can get in a stock 4runner?

If you didn't enjoy the last 4 days #youdontknowhowtocolorado

Some of the deepest turns of the year Thursday evening, show face and get some work don't Friday and go kiting after that, ski up high early Saturday in the weather window, slay some office and get some chores done mid-day, drive to the Ark Valley get in some playboating Saturday night, campout below some caked 14ers, paddle miles of IV today, shower and eat a pizza.

#ilovemudseason

We bailed today because we failed at a) waking up early b) remembering all our shit c) vehicle selection for unplowed FS roads considering recent events d) being fast e) trip planning and logistics in general.
    Plus, a bit too much recent winter for the lack of winter today.

Oh well. Ain't never a bad day to take a walk in the hills. Still got a few turns.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	206671

^^Looks super fun, anyway.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    ^^Looks super fun, anyway.
    Kinda a long walk for 400' of skiing. But that 400' didn't suck.

Sometimes, the only alternative is a short walk for lots of crap skiing.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

What kind of mysticism do you practice for it to be sunny during the night?
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1063.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	206671

Skinned up Loveland today and got trampled by that great enormous elk migration across the divide. It was brutal!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    Yes, thank goodness the great May migration of elk over the 12,600' divide can get underway.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Skinned up Loveland today and got trampled by that great enormous elk migration across the divide. It was brutal!
    Ha! Wear a bell next time!

What did you ski and how was the snow?

Skied down from the top of 4. Untracked 3" of powder on top of collapsing snow. Not great.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Any one have any idea how close to the James Peak Lake Trailhead one can get in a stock 4runner?
    I know it's late but it depends on what "trail head" your talking about. The one off the paved road was probably 100% clear, good for a smart car, the one off the Yanke hill 4wd road, better bring a snow cat.

PSA for Team Flip Flops

Memorial Day is part of Spring, not Summer. Please don't bring your grumpy to the mountains just because you can't show off your sick collection of manpris or tank tops.

Indy, Mount Evans & Trail Ridge are scheduled to open. Go skiing! It least in my neck of the woods, their ain't much hiking or biking going on above 7500. If you need to feel the heat, go to the desert. We'd love to have you and your wallet up in the "High Country" but bring the warm bag, the full collection of fashion puffies and the Muck Boots (are those city fashion yet?)

Skied down from the top of 4. Untracked 3" of powder on top of collapsing snow. Not great.
    What time did you ski down?

Thinking of hitting Independence Pass and Ajax Express is spinning 10-2.

I'll be up on Indy this weekend. Manpris, tank top, flip flops, fashionable puffy, sweet beard, and a Toyota. Ask for change.

Muck boots are fashionable these days? Times are changing...

Team Flip Flops, lol.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    What time did you ski down?

Thinking of hitting Independence Pass and Ajax Express is spinning 10-2.
    11:30am. Then went over to ABasin for the rest of the day.

I'd say the undisturbed snowpack I skied at LL was powder from last week under a melted refrozen layer (or windslab) under 3" new.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    and the Muck Boots (are those city fashion yet?)
    They are definitely mountain town chique but not Denver-approved just yet. When Patagonia drops a Muck Boot line, look out.

I'd say the undisturbed snowpack I skied at LL was powder from last week under a melted refrozen layer (or windslab) under 3" new.
    Yup. There was an unsupportive suncrust forming on most aspects in that area Friday afternoon. On Sunday, the crust was supportive enough to make skiing the 3" on top enjoyable. Sounds like it's in between now.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    They are definitely mountain town chique but not Denver-approved just yet. When Patagonia drops a Muck Boot line, look out.

Yup. There was an unsupportive suncrust forming on most aspects in that area Friday afternoon. On Sunday, the crust was supportive enough to make skiing the 3" on top enjoyable. Sounds like it's in between now.
    Definitely wasn't supporting me which sucked. I did find better corn down low where stuff was tracked out more. Was really there for the exercise so didn't care.
    Saw lots of roller balling and slides in the Sisters area.