Page 1226 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 ... LastLast
Results 30,626 to 30,650 of 41250
    Quote Originally Posted by m104da View Post
    Does anyone know if clear creek and gilpin counties are still closed to non-res - or better said, are like ruby gulch and/or moffat trailheads still closed? The county websites seem to say so, but have heard conflicting info.
    Good to see RMNP phased re-opening on 5/27. It's not totally clear how "phased" but presumably gates and trailheads will be open, and phasing on campgrounds and shuttle buses.
    And FYI, the road into the Snowys (WY) opened last week and conditions pretty great, except for big ass cornices on most of the aggressive couliors.
    Moffat closed for sure. It was on the news a couple days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Going to be interesting to watch. Did they say how many people allowed daily? I didn’t see it in the link.

Couldn’t find that either

I thought they said limiting to about 500. Mostly pass holders with limited day pass sales.
    Main thing is that either requires a reservation for the ski day. No res, no ski.

Read 600/day.

$99 day passes.

From reddit:

WHAT TO EXPECT
    NO RESERVATION, NO ACCESS. A limited number of people will be admitted daily. Do not come if you do not have a pre-booked reservation.
    There are only two ways to ski / ride A-Basin during this time: pre-book a reservation with a valid pass or purchase a day ticket in advance.
    TAILGATING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Arapahoe Basin staff will actively police the parking lots to ensure compliance with all state, county and company mandates. There are no exceptions.
    BRING A FACE COVERING. You must wear it when you cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing outdoors and in designated areas.
    You will be asked to leave if you do not follow all guidelines laid out by Arapahoe Basin, which were developed in conjunction with state and county health authorities.
    Please stay home if you are sick or are considered high risk.
    This is not an experience suitable for beginners. To reduce injury risk, we recommend only experienced skiers/riders. Expect spring conditions.
    Operating Hours
    Daily, beginning Wednesday, May 27. Closing date is TBD.
    Lift hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Reservations required)
    Uphill access: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 a.m. (A-Basin Uphill Access Pass required; must be off the hill by 8:00 a.m.)
    Parking lot gates will be locked 4:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m.
    Please do not arrive prior to 7:30 a.m.
    Operations may be limited or modified at any time in response to changing circumstances.
    Reservations (Required)
    There are only two ways to ski / ride A-Basin during this time: pre-book a reservation with a valid pass or purchase a day ticket in advance.
    Reservations are limited and can be made starting at 7:00 p.m., 36 hours in advance of the intended ski day, and are distributed on a first-come-first served basis. Reservations can only be made online.
    BRING YOUR PRINTED RESERVATION AND YOUR PASS WITH YOU. Only people with a reservation will be allowed on the property.
    Reservations are contingent on agreeing to Arapahoe Basin’s COVID-19 policies and expectations.
    Absolutely no refunds or rain checks.
    BOOK A FREE PASSHOLDER RESERVATION
    PASSHOLDERS include the following:
    Arapahoe Basin 2019-20 pass (including full-season, Double-Down, military, senior, youth, child, midweek, and multi-day passes i.e. Elevation and Any-Day)
    2019-20 Ikon, Ikon Base and Mountain Collective Passes with remaining A-Basin days
    Unredeemed A-Basin exchange days on either the 2019-20 Taos Ski Valley or Monarch Mountain passes
    You will be able to make a reservation for a maximum of 2 people in your immediate party up to 36 hours in advance. BOTH people must have valid passes.
    * * BRING YOUR PRINTED CONFIRMATION PAGE AND YOUR VALID PASS * *
    You will not be allowed to ski without both your reservation and your pass. If you are party of 2 people, we suggest you print out the confirmation page twice, one for each person.
    Please only book if you intend to come. Reservations are limited; do not take a space from someone else if you won’t be skiing or riding.
    PASSHOLDER RESERVATIONS BEGIN MAY 25 AT 7:00 PM MST
    BOOKING A LIFT TICKET RESERVATION
    Arapahoe Basin will pre-sell a limited number of $99 tickets for each day.
    * * YOU MUST BRING YOUR PRINTED CONFIRMATION PAGE AND A VALID ID * *
    The ticket acts as your reservation.
    You will be able to purchase a maximum of 4 lift tickets.
    No tickets will be sold on-site or over the phone.
    There are no discounts or alternatively priced tickets available.
    Comp (free) tickets will not be accepted for the duration of the 2019-20 season.
    No refunds, no rain checks for any reason.
    ​TICKET SALES BEGIN MAY 25 AT 7:00 PM MST

sound like ticketmaster.....

I expect Nate Dogggg to get first chair.

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    I expect Nate Dogggg to get first chair.
    Ha. I wouldn't doubt it.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

How many folks will be trying to party on the beach? I’m sure base ops will just be driving around shutting down tailgates all day.

Tempted to try to go Friday for some last Pali rides

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    How many folks will be trying to party on the beach? I’m sure base ops will just be driving around shutting down tailgates all day.

Tempted to try to go Friday for some last Pali rides
    None, they’re not allowing it. I’m sure they will be. Or maybe people can be smart and listen to the rules and not blow it for all.

Still don’t know how you socially distance a 600 person lift line, once it’s down to Lenawee only.

I don't understand why Abasin is even trying.

They need to get over their persona of "we're always trying to be open" BS. Now, they're going to create hysteria for who gets to reserve, is the website capable of handling the traffic, can they deal with counterfeit reservations, can they deal with non-reservation parking, can they deal with 600 cars (assuming everyone is going to be reservation showing up by themselves, which is unlikely). Next, expect a few pictures of large groups gathering together, people in lines, etc.

EDIT: Truth -- speaking only on the Ikon Pass, Abasin will have to give the list of reserved pass holders, in advance, to Alterra. Then, Alterra will have to formulate a way to whitelist those select passholders to be scan worthy. We'll have to assume that this has already been developed, tested and approved. If not, expect disaster as any Ikon Pass can sneak up to the chairlifts......

Worth it for the experience on how to properly deal with customers when next season starts. Gotta learn the new process sometime, snowmaking returns in less than six months.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    . Or maybe people can be smart and listen to the rules and not blow it for all.
    Cue George Carlin!

600 people...that's all I needed to know. Hard pass.

I’m probably skipping and just skinning safe zones. Way more peaceful.

Reservation system crashed. Who could see this coming??

I'd bet anyone $5 that you could roll up to the chairlift at Abasin, with an active Ikon Pass Pass (with Abasin days remaining), and be cleared for take off. Maybe with a reservation printout or without.

The Pali chair auction closed at $16,000. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Reservation system crashed. Who could see this coming??

I'd bet anyone $5 that you could roll up to the chairlift at Abasin, with an active Ikon Pass Pass (with Abasin days remaining), and be cleared for take off. Maybe with a reservation printout or without.
    They are planning on having people out at the parking lot gates checking reservations there. Then again by the lodge.

betting money that a bay is shut down by sunday
    the communists who control the local and state goverment will be out there clip boards in hand making a list of every infraction they see

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    betting money that a bay is shut down by sunday
    the communists who control the local and state goverment will be out there clip boards in hand making a list of every infraction they see
    That and the snow is melting fast.

Now they’re going to a lottery for Wednesday and ???? after that.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 05-26-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Entered the lottery for a reservation just for the heck of it, managed to get a spot! Should be interesting.

Pretty friggin good. Snow from the other day was the perfect corn/pow mix. They had most the west wall and Lenawee parks open. Stoked to be lucky!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1879DD15-21D6-4BE5-8769-A87CC7993448.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	526.0 KB 
ID:	329907
    Last edited by bamboocoreONLY; 05-27-2020 at 01:26 PM.

^^nice. How were the logistics of it all?

Hell yeah!