Page 1182 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 ... LastLast
Results 29,526 to 29,550 of 41290

Thread: Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    While Gold Dust is a can't get there from here, you could follow the ridge to Fool's summit. Wouldn't touch any of the real lines off of there right now, although the south facing shots off of Charles Peak should be holding nicely.

For the approach to ski value metric, it's one of the best ones in the system.
    ^^^
    Well said. Best bang for your buck IMHO. Gorgeous hut. Easy approach. Great skiing options. What more could you ask for.

Enjoy Danno!

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Random post: older people at Winter Park/MJ are super cool.
    My dad just turned 73. He skis WP every single day. I like to think you’re talking about him, and not the Ski Miesters.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Sunday afternoons?
    I’ll be out this afternoon. I think you know where to find me.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    While Gold Dust is a can't get there from here, you could follow the ridge to Fool's summit. Wouldn't touch any of the real lines off of there right now, although the south facing shots off of Charles Peak should be holding nicely. As for the snowpack, the forecast for both zones will be essentially the same this weekend, and the loading patterns on N - NE - E are almost identical. Either rose forecast with the lingering problems of wind slab and persistent weak layer will be present on those slopes. If I had to choose only one to receive, I'd chuck it in the Aspen zone as the area sees a little less NW flow than the rest of the Vail/Summit zone.

Have fun. For the approach to ski value metric, it's one of the best ones in the system.
    I'll second this. Our director was up there with family last weekend and said the skiing was great, but I haven't pumped him for more specifics because the skiing is always great at Estin. And yes because it's on the edge of the zone it can be hard to pinpoint. I actually think it tends to track with the rest of the Vail Zone "generally" but it really depends on the storms approach. It can get pounded with the rest of the Aspen zone on many storms but with a more northerly/northwest flow it pulls more snow from storms than the rest of the Aspen zone farther south. Have fun, it's one of my favorite huts.
    "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    I’ll be out this afternoon. I think you know where to find me.
    Underoos skiing MJ on a Thursday, quelle surprise!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Joe Joe Junior Shabadoo View Post
    I'll second this. Our director was up there with family last weekend and said the skiing was great, but I haven't pumped him for more specifics because the skiing is always great at Estin. And yes because it's on the edge of the zone it can be hard to pinpoint. I actually think it tends to track with the rest of the Vail Zone "generally" but it really depends on the storms approach. It can get pounded with the rest of the Aspen zone on many storms but with a more northerly/northwest flow it pulls more snow from storms than the rest of the Aspen zone farther south. Have fun, it's one of my favorite huts.
    thanks, figured you'd have some good insight.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Random post: older people at Winter Park/MJ are super cool.
    not my experience. Had some geezer take a swing at me last year because I "skied too close to him". Also have seen several fist fights between old people in the lift lines at MJ.

Ever read the opinion column of a newspaper? It is constantly old guys fighting with each other over petty shit. I can't wait for that generation to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Ever read the opinion column of a newspaper? It is constantly old guys fighting with each other over petty shit. I can't wait for that generation to disappear.
    And then your generation will be the cranky old fucks

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    not my experience. Had some geezer take a swing at me last year because I "skied too close to him". Also have seen several fist fights between old people in the lift lines at MJ.
    wtf? have skied at MJ a few hundred days over the years and never seen a fistfight, between old people or young people. I call shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Underoos skiing MJ on a Thursday, quelle surprise!
    I wouldn’t call it skiing, but I am here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1436.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	224.3 KB 
ID:	309879

I think it's time to let the ridiculing commence. I think we may have critical mass for an Eldora mini-summit. I've discussed this in some fashion with quite a few mags now, so we should try and find a date before the season gets away from us.

Hawkgt, Jong Laffite, beece, cdubski, the no-longer-posting hatchgreenchile, are all people I've directly or indirectly talked to, who else?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    And then your generation will be the cranky old fucks
    My generation got weed legalized and craft beer to the masses. We will be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    My generation got weed legalized and craft beer to the masses. We will be just fine
    Get off my lawn.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

I think it's time to let the ridiculing commence. I think we may have critical mass for an Eldora mini-summit. I've discussed this in some fashion with quite a few mags now, so we should try and find a date before the season gets away from us.

Hawkgt, Jong Laffite, beece, cdubski, the no-longer-posting hatchgreenchile, are all people I've directly or indirectly talked to, who else?
    I’m usually there fridays and Sat or Sun afternoon teaching my kids how to shred. Great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    I’m usually there fridays and Sat or Sun afternoon teaching my kids how to shred. Great idea!
    I'm often there on Sat or Sun with a 5 year old. Pretty much chained to him though. But I'd show up for a summit if I'm in town.

And I'm there every Sunday skiing while my kid is in race training. But I could probably also swing a Saturday.

I could probably make an appearance. Usually no specific weekend restrictions.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Would be good to put more names with more faces after about 12 years posting/lurking. I also like the WP/MJ Sunday afternoon lap idea, as one of those "old guys" (40th season skiing MJ for me this year).

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Who is in town next weekend? How about Sunday afternoon the 19th? Turns then beers in the lot, because who wants to pay $12 for crappy beer? Early forecast looks balmy...ish.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Who is in town next weekend? How about Sunday afternoon the 19th? Turns then beers in the lot, because who wants to pay $12 for crappy beer? Early forecast looks balmy...ish.

I think I can do next Sunday without the kid.

I could do Jan 19. Is this Eldora or MJ?

I thought eldora was the ugly red head step child of Colorado skiing when did it become cool to ski there?

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    I could do Jan 19. Is this Eldora or MJ?

I think a few of the mags were thinking Eldora, like Danno, cause it's easier for them to get to right now. So I think Eldora.

Later on we'll do it again at the MJ parking lot, and fastfred can bring over his latest lady friend.
    Last edited by beece; 01-10-2020 at 11:41 AM.

I'd be down for meeting up but will be in Summit next weekend. Guess I'll wait for the Basin or MJ gathering...