Page 1117 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 ... LastLast
Results 27,901 to 27,925 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtlange View Post
    Wow, what a day! Anyone know if Chair 9 opened at Loveland today?
    It did.

Wolfy had about 10" fresh overnight. But it was wet and heavy! Had to work that snow! Reminded me of skiing Mt. Hood many years ago.

Tomorrow, I drive to Taos for a few days of ill shit.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Copper was amazing today. Trying to decide between basin or copper for tomorrow. Could be some real good hiking options at the basin in things like janitors and bald spot. Also if east wall opens. Sounds like the wind is coming.
    They get most everything open today at Copper? Heading there tomorrow.

Refuckingdiculous today at abasin with free refills

100% open except East Wall including all hikeback

Great work by patrol
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    Refuckingdiculous today at abasin with free refills

100% open except East Wall including all hikeback

Great work by patrol
    x2. Great day!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerking View Post
    Seemed like it. I’m assuming tucker didn’t open but I’m not sure. I didn’t go to copper bowl but my friend said they were getting it opened along the west ridge area when he was back there. Was dumping when I left and still snowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunkerking View Post
    Never made it to Tucker, don't know if it was open but assumed lift lines were terrible. If it never opened today, Tucker will be unreal tomorrow, We lapped resolution bowl all day and it was fucking deep in spots. I don't think Spaulding opened at all today either, will also be sick tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I somehow set my alarm for the wrong day. Missed out on the I70 shit show. Probably got lucky.
    After reading the comments on the I-70 Bitch Thread, it might be the best "mistake" we made all year ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

In Ten Mile Canyon not one but 2 large slides occurred that dusted I-70. The first in the morning was caught by drivers in the Big Tim path adjacent to Officer's Gulch. A second slide around noon was a warning shot for the big one when it slide near the ponds closer to Copper. About 5 pm a massive slide occurred that actually hit I-70 east bound and pushed several cars into the center median. This was path Monroe. In my 43 plus years in the county this was unprecedented. Slides of this magnitude did occur during the days of 2 railroads in the canyon but not recently. To have 2 large events it begs the question if Big Mike, Ellie, and Big Sam are also primed for action. Hope CDOT has a plan. Anyway, if the canyon slid other areas in the county have to be equally primed. With or without a warning today the back country is not to be trusted. The test came and it responded in a big way. There is more to come as more moisture is on the way. Exciting times if you are an observer.

any copper people notice that they don’t really update the trails part of the website anymore? Last update was 5:30am yesterday and still says tucker cat is expected to run, which I assume is not true seeing as it is Monday.

Those slides are pretty nuts! Last I heard everyone is ok. Correct?

Probably the best day I've had at Loveland in the last few years yesterday! Really wish I was there today too.

On a side-note - to the "local" brah yelling at everyone in the 1 maze to "go back to Denver" after scoring some of the first tracks of the day:
    - Were you not having fun?
    - I suggest trading in your corporate sticks for something a little more local if you truly are that core.
    - I will buy you a pitcher if you didn't move here in the last 10 years.
    - /rant

Highlands was amazing yesterday! Some of the deepest snow I've had all year, and refilling all day. The bowl opening was classic skier mayhem, so many stoked people!! The drive home......well, I’m just trying to block out that 10 hours of my life.
    Wifey finally snapped this picture on our 3rd lap at 2:30
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1279.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	272463

HES SKIING ON ONE SKI!
    Name:  5d42d6a3-913b-4144-93ce-5ba0a374e4a9_screenshot.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  29.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    the "local" brah yelling at everyone in the 1 maze to "go back to Denver" after scoring some of the first tracks of the day:
    At Loveland? That's the most bizarre thing ever. LL has always been a Denver mountain. And now living in Denver suddenly makes you an outsider there?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by rocca View Post
    Probably the best day I've had at Loveland in the last few years yesterday! Really wish I was there today too.

On a side-note - to the "local" brah yelling at everyone in the 1 maze to "go back to Denver" after scoring some of the first tracks of the day:
    - Were you not having fun?
    - I suggest trading in your corporate sticks for something a little more local if you truly are that core.
    - I will buy you a pitcher if you didn't move here in the last 10 years.
    - /rant
    Did you tell him to "go back to Georgetown"?

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    At Loveland? That's the most bizarre thing ever. LL has always been a Denver mountain. And now living in Denver suddenly makes you an outsider there?
    Well...really it is an Idaho Springs and Georgetown mtn. Lots of dirtbags so I'm giving the lift line call out 500 points.

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Did you tell him to "go back to Georgetown"?
    I said Ohio. Turns out the guy behind me was from Ohio. We bonded over Cleveland jokes and decided nice people from Ohio should ski LL and mean people should go to Keystone.

Abasin surprising good this morning. Not crowded on account a jacknifed semi kept traffic down away.
    By afternoon anything solar was getting settled and heavy.

I think they will have East Wall open tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_powder View Post
    Never made it to Tucker, don't know if it was open but assumed lift lines were terrible. If it never opened today, Tucker will be unreal tomorrow, We lapped resolution bowl all day and it was fucking deep in spots. I don't think Spaulding opened at all today either, will also be sick tomorrow.

I skied Copper bowl all day yesterday. Insanely good. lines were short. Hike-to terrain was phenomenal, but whiteout. Tucker didn’t open. If they get it open today it will be unreal good.

Temps stayed pretty cold up at the Basin till I left. Lapped gullies all day. So nice. Bluebird powder day but the snow seemed perfect, storm came in heavy, but finished up light and dry.

Abasin is really opening up with all this snow, been a long time since we've seen this kinda base this early, especially with this one big storm with very little wind. Hopefully they can get people on the East Wall to pack it down before the "W" returns.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Caught the rope drops of Super Bowl/Wild Child and north side of The Ridge. Monster face shots all morning under a blue sky. No wind - was expecting wind fucked snow and got blower. And no traffic. Pretty much a dream.

Hopefully it goes smoother than American Eagle and Flyer

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Hopefully it goes smoother than American Eagle and Flyer
    Yeah the cat will be operating on the bowl on the other side as well.

Breck would have been perfect except it was packed. I’ve never seen it that busy on a Monday. They didn’t even start blasting lake chutes until after 1. That said twin chutes was money and so were the first couple runs down whales tail. Quality over quantity day for sure

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

confused how that till work with the cat at copper. like it is going to take you out of there? they will limit who can go back there then? lots of things that don't really make sense to me about that but it could open up some cool skiing.

basin did ski well today, got some really good ones back in zuma bowl. the skiing isn't always great back there but this storm did really well for it. steep gullies, some stashes in the beavers and the ally's all skied great too