Page 1179 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 ... LastLast
Results 29,451 to 29,475 of 41265
    Looking good for first trip to Silverton near the end of Jan. Stoked. The question is just how big of skis to take.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Looking good for first trip to Silverton near the end of Jan. Stoked. The question is just how big of skis to take.
    120-130s!

Eldora was seriously cold yesterday, still pretty cold today. Hoping for a little more warmth tomorrow.

Someone got Flight for Lifed out of there midday today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And pretty good conditions/coverage for December, top of Salto was fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

These last few days have been average winter days from my years skiing Vermont/NH as a teen. -20°, no problem! 🤦♂️

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    120-130s!
    Probably pack both Lhasas or Deathwishes—along with Protests.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And pretty good conditions/coverage for December, top of Salto was fun.
    Those trees that don’t get sun can stay really nice on steeper slopes.

Quite cold yesterday at Copper but the crowds were fucking brutal. Way more crowded on Monday at Copper compared to WP on Saturday. Wasn't too bad once you got off the base area but it took 40 minutes to get out of the lot at the end of the day (thought I was leaving Red Rocks after a show). Also got hung for a good 30 minutes on the lift and the 10 year old was less than pleased although we did get 50% off passes for our shivers...

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Quite cold yesterday at Copper but the crowds were fucking brutal. Way more crowded on Monday at Copper compared to WP on Saturday. Wasn't too bad once you got off the base area but it took 40 minutes to get out of the lot at the end of the day (thought I was leaving Red Rocks after a show). Also got hung for a good 30 minutes on the lift and the 10 year old was less than pleased although we did get 50% off passes for our shivers...
    30 mins on the lift? Are the Eagle/Flyer still breaking down?!

Yep, just hung on Blackjack until they got the diesel backup going. Not sure on break downs on Eagle/Flyer as I only took them once each, no stoppages, just long lines.
    Last edited by rudy; 12-31-2019 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Yep, just hung on Blackjack until they got the diesel backup going. Not sure on break downs on Eagle/Flyer as I only took them once each, no stoppages, just long lines.
    Been there done that on Blackjack. Mine was 40min and we got a free day. Really great deal when you already have a season pass haha.

Yea, we have passes as well but told my boy that I'll sell his 50% off pass to my visiting friends and he'll get $20 out of the deal

well, this thread is making me feel a little better about picking this particular winter to start out rehabbing from a torn PCL. Love WC. Skied my first day of the season down there last year in October. it is full of Texans, though.

Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    well, this thread is making me feel a little better about picking this particular winter to start out rehabbing from a torn PCL. Love WC. Skied my first day of the season down there last year in October. it is full of Texans, though.
    While it certainly isn't as good as last season, this season has delivered some quality goods.

Chasing to Steamboat tomorrow, hoping the holiday crowds don't like powder.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    While it certainly isn't as good as last season, this season has delivered some quality goods.

Chasing to Steamboat tomorrow, hoping the holiday crowds don't like powder.
    Every river basin in CO is ahead of what they were this time last year. Some areas, like the SJ's, are close to double.

According to Joel's post on OS this morning, the San Juans are at 128%... where do you see double?

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    According to Joel's post on OS this morning, the San Juans are at 128%... where do you see double?
    Double this time last year, not double of average.

Name:  basinplotsmdasjrb20.gif
Views: 805
Size:  45.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Double this time last year, not double of average.

Name:  basinplotsmdasjrb20.gif
Views: 805
Size:  45.3 KB
    It sure as heck looks and feels like winter in the mountains right now, just did a Berthoud, keystone, Breck and keystone stretch with friends and family that was straight up wicked fun.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Conditions in the RFV have been outstanding all season. Cold with frequent small dumps.
    If we didn’t get that snow in late October, we’d probably have the best BC snowpack in decades.

I like the Texans. They are polite, excited to be here, only here two weeks a year and do not ski where i ski. They keep the doors open on a lot of businesses here. I wonder how wolf creek makes it. Many days there are more employee cars than customer in the lot. I am thankful for the Texans.
    On the snow note. It has been the best start in the years I have been here. 7ft base. I am not thinking about October anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I like the Texans. They are polite, excited to be here, only here two weeks a year and do not ski where i ski. They keep the doors open on a lot of businesses here. I wonder how wolf creek makes it. Many days there are more employee cars than customer in the lot. I am thankful for the Texans.
    On the snow note. It has been the best start in the years I have been here. 7ft base. I am not thinking about October anymore.
    The tourists always seem more stoked than the locals.

Some extremely good skiing off tbar yesterday morning, although there's still some big ol sharks waiting to take you out here and there. Patrol was doing a lot of routes on peak 7 but had to go to work before seeing what came of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Some extremely good skiing off tbar yesterday morning, although there's still some big ol sharks waiting to take you out here and there. Patrol was doing a lot of routes on peak 7 but had to go to work before seeing what came of that.
    Yesterday was tasty. No opening of peak 7 that I saw, but I left at 1:30pm.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TfkbZUv.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	308938
    Old's Cool.

I see the stupidly named 3 Bears lift at Copper is open. anyone skied the even more stupidly renamed chutes off of Tucker since the lift has been open? Curious how it is now as a lift served area.

shooting for Sunday as my first day back since a PCL tear in early Sept. Will prob stick to groomers at WP or Copper.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Yesterday was tasty. No opening of peak 7 that I saw, but I left at 1:30pm.

Name:	TfkbZUv.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	308938
    I’ve got a hurt back so only did two laps before deciding to join Pup and the old guy crew to wait for tbar to open, first T has its perks!

Name:	15497366-4873-4FE6-98D0-831A134DD7E4.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	659.5 KB 
ID:	308957