Page 1313 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 ... LastLast
Results 32,801 to 32,825 of 41260
    Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Well here’s the answer to whether blackouts and restricted day ticket sales would keep the crowds down this weekend:

Steamboat gondy line at time of opening (8:30):

Full maze, the around the front of gondy building on the slope side, then up the stairs to the ticket office, second maze there, then out to buses, then down to drop off mini lot. Worst I’ve ever seen. Line is not socially distanced and lift was not running yet so not a Covid line.

Worse now I understand. Unreal.

Luckily we got here early.
    Worked in Aspen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2433.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	217.4 KB 
ID:	362702

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That is retarded. My friend is texting me from the upper mtn and says the powder is skiing more like 6”. Wet snow.
    They only got maybe 5” of snow since lift close yesterday. And it is cement. Fun though.

And fuck, original plan was Aspen. Oops.

Loveland is skiing great! I want expecting this much snow. First time ever skiing here and I'm having fun exploring. Mazes are very chill, with no more than a 5 minute at any point this morning.

Control work on 9 today at Loveland. Guess they are monitoring this thread.

Let the bootlicking begin!
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

SB needs to trademark the heavy wet pow that is becoming more common than the champagne these days so they can market the shit out of that, too.. looked at the gondy cam at 10am, the maze wasn't even full. Blackout dates helped.

I'd be pissed AF if LL forgoes 9 this year. That's one of main reasons I bought a pass there, in anticipation of spring hikes and turns without the cat skiers. I like hiking it old school. Seems to me they are planning on it, otherwise why put the road up there, it's mostly in.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    SB needs to trademark the heavy wet pow that is becoming more common than the champagne these days so they can market the shit out of that, too.. looked at the gondy cam at 10am, the maze wasn't even full. Blackout dates helped.
    No shit. No champagne. More like chili.

Chili Powder TM

Also line at 8:30 was out past busses. By a lot. But the shuttle lot was only 3/4 full at end of day. Everyone showed up at the same time for the 3” of soup that they advertise as 14”. But overall, lift lines pretty small after gondy.

Snow quality at Abasin was good. Lines were only long for the first two runs when the Beavers and Zuma opened. Good day. Not that crowded really. Just on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    No shit. No champagne. More like chili.

Chili Powder TM

Also line at 8:30 was out past busses. By a lot. But the shuttle lot was only 3/4 full at end of day. Everyone showed up at the same time for the 3” of soup that they advertise as 14”. But overall, lift lines pretty small after gondy.
    Was up at the Boat on Wednesday, and morning lineup for first gondi/Christie express was pretty decent sized (not out to the buses, but around, up the stairs and to the ticket window, Disneyland style). I snuck through Christie/T-head and was lapping Sundown for the third time by 9:45. Definitely not Champagne, really a thick red chili, that they sorely needed to cover junk up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

chili>champagne anyway, at least on a steep mountain, which flatboat ain't.

Stellar day today at CB, I was expecting it to be really bad but it wasn't. By afternoon I was practically rolling onto the NFL. Really digging this cycle.

Not quite chili on Berthoud, but it was certainly creamy.
    I don't think I drilled a rock the entire afternoon - this season is on the up and up!

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Stellar day today at CB, I was expecting it to be really bad but it wasn't. By afternoon I was practically rolling onto the NFL. Really digging this cycle.
    Good to hear, think I'm gonna head over your way Monday!

Snow with body > blower.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Snow with body > blower.
    Until there is a base, then bring on the blower. So pretty much never in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Had some great turns today. Not good. Great. Steep Gullies look seven better.

Attachment 362605
    Attachment 362606
    Too bad your dog isn't having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post

Yeah you bet, this wet snow is friggin great. Saw my buddy's videos from hourglass, etc. It's skiable but very much threading the needle. haha

Oh well, off to UT for the week for me

Boy, that storm amounted to a whole lot of nothing. Glad I made it out yesterday. They must have forgotten the decimal when they put out that 8-16 inch forecast.

Oh well, spring has sprung anyway. Everything the sun touched for even a few minutes yesterday got manky. That two weeks of winter we had spread across 4 months was nice.

As long as the snow didn’t have red dust in it I’ll take it.

Wolf creek reporting 22" going to be some tired Texans

Ski racing training cancelled today because it's too damn cold without a lodge to warm up in. Totally get it but still a little annoyed.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Boy, that storm amounted to a whole lot of nothing. Glad I made it out yesterday. They must have forgotten the decimal when they put out that 8-16 inch forecast.

Oh well, spring has sprung anyway. Everything the sun touched for even a few minutes yesterday got manky. That two weeks of winter we had spread across 4 months was nice.
    Water content so high that the snow didn’t fluff up. So no inches.

^^^be happy for the water.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ^^^be happy for the water.
    I know I am.

It was actually really fucking good today.
    But you, be you.

Vail was quiet today, at least until 11:30 when we left. Not deep snow but soft snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL