Page 1393 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 ... LastLast
Results 34,801 to 34,825 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Course coverage is great, Grouse from a distance looks not too bad, but Larkspur, Strawberry and front side has a long way to go. Mostly brown.
    Attachment 394573
    I’m working the next two days up there....kinda stoked actually

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Keep smokin' DAT crack.
    I rode today.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    I’m working the next two days up there....kinda stoked actually

It’s a kick. And sometimes a little sketchy. I just feel how out of shape I am, but the consensus is it really helps kick start ski shape for some of us. I’m cooked.

Thanks for the pic, brought me right back! Some of my absolute best memories on skis, and some downright terrifying ones. I'll look forward to watching on TV later in the week.

My favorite vid from BOP:

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

shit, golf sounds dam good but I'm booked this week, great weather for it.

have been playing quite a bit of disc though this fall, game still sucks but having fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	65998120549__CDBD14B3-53FE-4244-BF94-596F1A71123F.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	394678

Name:	IMG_5010.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	394679

Holy hell im tired....course is in great shape despite the temps. Back up early tomorrow for one more day. That thing at those speeds never ceases to amaze me....insanity.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Name:	65998120549__CDBD14B3-53FE-4244-BF94-596F1A71123F.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	200.2 KB 
ID:	394678

Name:	IMG_5010.JPG 
Views:	106 
Size:	245.5 KB 
ID:	394679

Holy hell im tired....course is in great shape despite the temps. Back up early tomorrow for one more day. That thing at those speeds never ceases to amaze me....insanity.

What tasks did you do? Sounds fun!

FIS appears to really like the course.
    I actually had one of the easier days on course today. There is just not enough extra snow to really try and get too busy with it, at least where I got sent. Felt almost guilty, but my body is thankful.

What tasks did you do? Sounds fun!
    My group did quite a bit of B-net work today. Carrying 50lb B-net rolls on your shoulder while sliding down Golden Eagle is fairly difficult.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

My group did quite a bit of B-net work today. Carrying 50lb B-net rolls on your shoulder while sliding down Golden Eagle is fairly difficult.

Pssshhhhttt!!! What would Saban say? The Bear? Big game coming up this weekend!

Whoa, big cool down for Denver on Saturday….59°.

It really is quite amazing sometimes that stuff isn’t coming down that hill more often. Carrying some of that stuff across the brink and then down the course can be a little stressful as well as the physical challenge. Good getting that other access open. Sleep well.

^^^yes, got a nice ride in the woods today.

Someone friggin develop a year round lift served mtn bike mountain in the Front Range. It would kill it.
    You're gonna need a big piece of private land... because there's no way in hell any of the public land managers would ever allow something crazy like that.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Bike parks can’t even make enough to stay open 7 days a week in September. The best riding of the year.

I just lost the majority of my single track today, to seasonal wildlife closures.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    You're gonna need a big piece of private land... because there's no way in hell any of the public land managers would ever allow something crazy like that.
    Heritage Square would be perfect. Build all the other stuff that people pay for too. Alpine slides, ropes courses, bungee jumping, etc. Visible from I70.

I think it could be done, but yeah, liability would be hudge. I feel like most CO ski areas are half assing their bike parks these days anyway.

If you had a legit bike park with well built and maintained trails, high end rentals, near Denver, and ran it well, I bet you could make thousands of dollars!

Someone friggin develop a year round lift served mtn bike mountain in the Front Range. It would kill it.
    For better or worse, this sounds like another "This would be great for me so this is what I think somebody else should do with their money!". I'm pretty sure the tires have been kicked on this about a million times.

Here is the Survey Monkey for the proforma business plan:

How far are you willing to drive?

How much are you willing to pay per day?

How much would you pay for an annual pass?

Would a non-lift (E DH or ATV shuttle type thing) work for you?

What are the lowest/hotest temps you would ride in?

What products and services besides access would you be interested in?

What do you think about the Pawnee Grass Lands or BLM outside of Canyon or West Grand County?

Man, the fact that we are discussing DH mountain biking in December definitely displays the current state of skiing in CO. Hopefully it scares some folks to move away! It is almost convincing me to.

I wish it would snow, that is all.

This is the part when we discuss building new ski areas to "spread the crowds", especially ones that get low snowfall and high winds, because the premier resort sites are locked up in Wilderness (and there are some good ones) or already developed.

I've got a spot for a Silverton style mountain within 100 miles of Denver. Standard FS land. Steep as fuck. Great elevation and aspect. Send me your investment and we'll see if the land managers will "never allow it".

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    This is the part when we discuss building new ski areas to "spread the crowds", especially ones that get low snowfall and high winds, because the premier resort sites are locked up in Wilderness (and there are some good ones) or already developed.

I've got a spot for a Silverton style mountain within 100 miles of Denver. Standard FS land. Steep as fuck. Great elevation and aspect. Send me your investment and we'll see if the land managers will "never allow it".
    We already had that. It was rad. Its still there but without lift or avalanche control with makes it less rad.

The current state of the FS is so understaffed and apathetic that probably nothing can get done.

It is almost convincing me to.
    If you live around here primarily for the skiing, you're doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If you live around here primarily for the skiing, you're doing it wrong.
    If "Around Here" is Grand County, then yeah, you are correct. Fortunately it is not.

Just gotta wait out my parents so I acquire their house on 22 acres in Deer Creek Canyon, then let's talk about a front range bike park haha

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    <snip>

You've got the whole "never snows" thing to contend with, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Heritage Square would be perfect. Build all the other stuff that people pay for too. Alpine slides, ropes courses, bungee jumping, etc. Visible from I70.

I think it could be done, but yeah, liability would be hudge. I feel like most CO ski areas are half assing their bike parks these days anyway.

If you had a legit bike park with well built and maintained trails, high end rentals, near Denver, and ran it well, I bet you could make thousands of dollars!
    I think the Heritage site would be great for this. Have some BC gates with trails down into Apex

Or continue to develop Floyd Hill and Maryland Mtn but throw an old chair in there.

Is Trestle not a legit bike park?

I don’t want to build and run this thing…but I do think with climate change it’s very viable as a year round venture. Someone else figure that shit out.

Heritage Square is doomed to be a gravel mine. Gotta feed the front range development beast.