Page 1347 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 ... LastLast
Results 33,651 to 33,675 of 41256

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

A-Basin Forecast is looking solid and I’ve got 2 days to burn on my silverton pass... thinking of heading up for thurs/Friday. Anyone want to meet up?

San Juan Spring Stoke:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by treewell-dweller; 04-15-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Doesn't get better than that in Colorado. Thanks for the reminder I am slacking. San Juans rule

Planning to pull the camper to fruita on Friday. Weather has me nervous. Don't want to end up a "boat" picture on Georgetown hill.

Pulling a hardside camper on sketchy roads is not my idea of fun, not sure if we're gonna bail.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Running Desert Rats in Fruita Danno? I'm in for the half on Sunday -- then touring La Sals on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Planning to pull the camper to fruita on Friday. Weather has me nervous. Don't want to end up a "boat" picture on Georgetown hill.

Pulling a hardside camper on sketchy roads is not my idea of fun, not sure if we're gonna bail.
    Not looking good for you ...

Quote Originally Posted by treewell-dweller View Post
    A-Basin Forecast is looking solid and I’ve got 2 days to burn on my silverton pass... thinking of heading up for thurs/Friday. Anyone want to meet up?

San Juan Spring Stoke:
    Attachment 371503Attachment 371504Attachment 371505Attachment 371506

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That looks awesome! I've got a few A-Basin days on my Mtn Collective that I need to use this season and I am hoping to get up tomorrow morning... but probably Loveland as I'm only in for an hour or two before needing to be back to shredding my workstation.

Just... don't fuck it up, and you'll be fine.
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Damn he seems cool.

Weather in the desert looks great. I'm guessing you will not be the only one. You only live once. Stay right and put the hazards on if needed.

Disregard and stay home if you are a bad driving that doesn't have much experience with trailers. Somebody else will take your spot.

pulling a travel trailer with an underpowered over loaded car/truck on 70 in a snow storm is the new "thing"

I have a fair amount of experience pulling the camper, but that's a handful of camping trips every year for the past 9 years, and admittedly very little experience pulling it on snow packed roads. I don't mind going slow and putting the hazards on, but only if that's for a short section. Don't want a 5 hour drive to be a 12 hour white knuckle affair.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I have a fair amount of experience pulling the camper, but that's a handful of camping trips every year for the past 9 years, and admittedly very little experience pulling it on snow packed roads. I don't mind going slow and putting the hazards on, but only if that's for a short section. Don't want a 5 hour drive to be a 12 hour white knuckle affair.
    I’m not sure that it’ll be as bad as you are expecting. Hasn’t even been sticking to the roads in Summit. Once you get over Loveland and Vail pass you’ll be home free.
    This is also a good reason to store your camper on the western slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I’m not sure that it’ll be as bad as you are expecting. Hasn’t even been sticking to the roads in Summit. Once you get over Loveland and Vail pass you’ll be home free.
    This is also a good reason to store your camper on the western slope.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case right now. My concern was the last forecast I saw which said the snow would be heaviest, and coldest, on Friday. As in, when we're driving west.

thursday night into friday looks like the potential for the most snow and colder temps. imagine things would be better by friday afternoon? now finding campsites in fruita on a friday evening that's another story. was pretty busy out there last weekend but it never really feels that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    thursday night into friday looks like the potential for the most snow and colder temps. imagine things would be better by friday afternoon? now finding campsites in fruita on a friday evening that's another story. was pretty busy out there last weekend but it never really feels that bad.
    I have a campsite at the National Monument, so that part is taken care of.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Anyone have eyes or beta on the La Sals recently? Planning a day out there next weekend.
    The wife skied Tuk and something closer to Peale yesterday, sounded decent.

does anyone know what I should do this weekend?
    having problems here is my options
    fruita/GJ
    show up at a friends house unaanounced
    moab (played out already been there five times this year)
    stay home beat off
    salida/bv might snow or rain
    front range? if I hate myself
    stay home work and go skiing
    tow a friends boat from castle rock to rifle

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    The wife skied Tuk and something closer to Peale yesterday, sounded decent.
    Sweet. Thanks.

And all you got to do was stay home and Zoom about wet avys?

Bit of dust in the snow last night here in Breck. Nothing major but something to look out for

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    does anyone know what I should do this weekend?
    having problems here is my options
    fruita/GJ
    show up at a friends house unaanounced
    moab (played out already been there five times this year)
    stay home beat off
    salida/bv might snow or rain
    front range? if I hate myself
    stay home work and go skiing
    tow a friends boat from castle rock to rifle
    The amount of driving you do exhausts me. Stay home!

got four cars they need to be driven
    salida to breck sunday night
    denver on monday got a stomach bug from eating Vietnamese at some nasty place on federal usually I stick with the dirtier the place the better the food, this one didn't work out that place
    headed to vail later today
    tomorrow I'm driving from tordel estates to heeney one end of the county to the other
    I need a dash cam

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Sweet. Thanks.

And all you got to do was stay home and Zoom about wet avys?
    Pretty much, she plays, I work and also work on our kitchen remodel. Pretty good deal for one of us, ha!

The latest SWE looks downright depressing
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8405.JPG 
Views:	96 
Size:	134.2 KB 
ID:	371550

That early April heatwave really got the ball rolling on the melt.

Anyone want to ski something mellow in the La Sals in the next couple of weeks? I've never been over there, and of my two go-to partners, one has a 6 month old baby and limited ski privileges, and the other is "too out of shape to do any spring touring."

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    The shaft? We saw you and decided to head up to the glacier instead of climbing up right behind ya. How was the snow? And what time did you summit approx? Mostly bulletproof up there but found a decent little vein of soft(ish)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Aye. thanks for not sniffing our butts (as two other parties decided to do...). A few weird windslab pockets in the choke made for interesting skiing. About halfway down turned to quite good corn/hotpow. We toped out at ~11:15 after sitting around on a platform 3/4's of the way up for 1.5 hrs waiting for things to soften. Quite windy out of the shaft..

The wind on the west slope is brutal

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The wind on the west slope is brutal
    For real. Drove from Montrose to GJ a couple hours ago. Full on dust storms most of the way. The snow we have left is about to be nice and brown.