Page 1509 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 ... LastLast
Results 37,701 to 37,725 of 41257
    I mean... it's no Breck, amirite??

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    someone educate me what the appeal of crested butte is doesn't do anything for me
    That's because you "live" in Breckenridge... you're already in the raddest spot in Colorado. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    I mean... it's no Breck, amirite??

haha, that's for sure.

Thoughts on a second summer coming early October?

I mean, at this point, if someone doesn’t like a mountain town anywhere, for any reason, shouldn’t the response be “yup. You’re right?”
    Last edited by EWG; 09-28-2022 at 10:08 AM.

Name:  IMG_4116.JPG
Views: 406
Size:  69.8 KB

Dude! I think this whole town is high!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's not what Crested Butte does for you, what do you do for Crested Butte?
    lets see worked there for a couple months twenty five years ago it was ok off season typical mtn town fun got shit faced regularly almost got in some fights pretended to be a local used to go to the bar and just tell my dog to stick around he would hang out on the street no worries was going to move to gunny once but realized it would be a mistake back when houses were around 250k in town

drive to trail heads to ride yup, breck single track out my door yes
    windy no trees mtns are all far away lots of private land CB yup
    ramshackled town with bikes laying all over not really clean and orderly houses are all 3-6 million mostly filled with posers CB
    quaint victorian town well kept high standards (brck)
    typical junk show in the summer fat tourists slopping up icecream cones stopped twice this summer to try to make myself like the place (still a hard no)

Salty so salty

Fred likes Del Norte more than CB or Breck

There are trails right from town, but you know, I used to sort of agree with fred, or at least I wasn't blown away by first impression.

But what it special about CB is that it is at the confluence of what, 5 or 6, drainages. And heading up any of these drainages brings you into a spectacular world. Breck -- since fred isn't just saying CB ain't much, he's also saying Breck is better -- is nestled against a single drainage, in a singular valley. Also awesome, but different. And while Breck does have more "right out the front door", it has less if you draw a 15 minute circle around it, it's still the same range and the same valley.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Everywhere sucks. CB, Breck, Aspen, Vail, Telluride, all of em. Great to visit, but hell to live in full time.

Leafers suck too. Wish it would snow and blow and get rid of all these stupid leaves.

I’m going to Moab. Another shitty town. Then I’m headed to FL. Hopefully, if our Airbnb is still standing.

There's plenty places I've been to visiting where I'm like "I don't get it" and then come back and had my "aha" moment as I see more and more about a place and not just the obvious good/bad like the downtown tourist hellhole. So I can't blame Fred for not getting it in CB when I've done the same plenty of other places, or maybe he's simply just crusty?

CB I thought I 'got' right away though bike-wise. Scenery that's Montana-like, trails from town, trails with great chunk, fun bike park, etc. Then locals told me the best biking around was Monarch Pass, and I also biked in Gunnison which was great on rainy muddy days and now I'm seeing there are a lot of big pieces to CB biking I didn't know about. Still haven't ridden a ton of CB trails too. So go back fred - with a local!

And the camping situation isn't as bad as I thought too, ha.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It sucks. Don't visit. Unless you're buying real estate, then call me.
    This! Done and done.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    lets see worked there for a couple months twenty five years ago it was ok off season typical mtn town fun got shit faced regularly almost got in some fights pretended to be a local used to go to the bar and just tell my dog to stick around he would hang out on the street no worries was going to move to gunny once but realized it would be a mistake back when houses were around 250k in town

drive to trail heads to ride yup, breck single track out my door yes
    windy no trees mtns are all far away lots of private land CB yup
    ramshackled town with bikes laying all over not really clean and orderly houses are all 3-6 million mostly filled with posers CB
    quaint victorian town well kept high standards (brck)
    typical junk show in the summer fat tourists slopping up icecream cones stopped twice this summer to try to make myself like the place (still a hard no)
    Srsly, though - it SUCKS compared to Breck. I mean - it's not even in the same "resort town" universe. CB blows. And has consistently blown for the 30 years I've been going.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fred likes Del Norte more than CB or Breck
    Is that because the women have really low standards in Del Norte?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Their standards can't be *that* low.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    It sucks. Don't visit. Unless you're buying real estate, then call me.
    yeah dog

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Everywhere sucks. CB, Breck, Aspen, Vail, Telluride, all of em. Great to visit, but hell to live in full time.

Leafers suck too. Wish it would snow and blow and get rid of all these stupid leaves.

I’m going to Moab. Another shitty town. Then I’m headed to FL. Hopefully, if our Airbnb is still standing.
    I was going to move to moab too but then I realized its like breck but sucks worse
    I been rubbing one out to the leavecapades for a week now I love the leaves
    ski towns are the last place I like to vacation

Never took Fred for a leafer. Sometimes people surprise you.

I've got a place with my name on it in the PNW when I retire. Not spraying it on the interwebs though. Hopefully it stays cool for another 10-15 years till I get there and ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Never took Fred for a leafer. Sometimes people surprise you.

I've got a place with my name on it in the PNW when I retire. Not spraying it on the interwebs though. Hopefully it stays cool for another 10-15 years till I get there and ruin it.
    I got my town too
    Won't dare mention it

The old people at whole foods was maddening today. Why are they ruining ummit County

I don't thinj there is that many wretched boomers in cb so a win for cb

Do they even vinotok anymore?

This is crazy. I memba biking all day, drinking all night, sleeping in my truck right off of main street, cooking a dish, watching the parade and sitting down with a bunch of scrubby locals for a potluck.

https://crestedbuttenews.com/2022/09...nd-the-corner/

CB has turned into the Sedona of Colorado, not the Crestone facets that I'm comparing.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Do they even vinotok anymore?

This is crazy. I memba biking all day, drinking all night, sleeping in my truck right off of main street, cooking a dish, watching the parade and sitting down with a bunch of scrubby locals for a potluck.

https://crestedbuttenews.com/2022/09...nd-the-corner/

CB has turned into the Sedona of Colorado, not the Crestone facets that I'm comparing.
    Yes. But someone burned the grump a few days early by mistake this year. Bad shit, man. I have grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yes. But someone burned the grump a few days early by mistake this year. Bad shit, man. I have grievances.
    That I can respect.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Interesting comparison. I just spent 4 days riding in CB and saw a total of maybe 15 other riders the entire time.

But yeah, it's way too crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I am hoping the women of Del Norte lower their standards further. Before moving to south fork I went and skied Silverton and visited Crested Butte. My friend Murph said need snowmachine for CB. Saw them all parked in the lot. Don't do snowmachines so no CB. Pretty nice there today trails were uncrowded scenery was awesome. No regrets on the Del Norte.
    off your knees Louie

so seems like the kebler pass is the place to get my leaves going
    gonna try to hit it up and try cb again anyone know a good place to take photos and camp for the nite on kebler
    is it high up like loveland?

That’s the nice thing about Colorado, there’s a mountain town for everyone.

The amount of attractive, educated women in the RFV is off the hook.