Page 929 of 930 FirstFirst ... 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 LastLast
Results 23,201 to 23,225 of 23228
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The dude who had the above gear stolen is one of the best dudes in existence and one of the nicest guys I know. He has taught more people about backcountry skiing for free than just about anyone else alive and whoever stole his shit deserves an immediate ass kicking.
    ^^^this

The dude who had the above gear stolen is one of the best dudes in existence and one of the nicest guys I know. He has taught more people about backcountry skiing for free than just about anyone else alive and whoever stole his shit deserves an immediate ass kicking.
    I think he's probably feels too oogy (I make up words as I see fit) to post this here, but if you feel inclined to help out a worthy dude who lost a shit-ton of valuable stuff: https://www.gofundme.com/chez-stolen-gear
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

The scene at ABasin at 9:05 this morning. LOL.

'09/'10: 69
    '10/'11: 84
    '11/'12: 67
    '12/'13: 65

Man, I hop the lift line reaches all the way to the top of the run. That'd be awesome, Thom can really get the lift line testing of his new skis down.

Damn...why do people do that to themselves? I often question whether its worth it to wait for 5-10 mins at loveland in october. That looks like a solid hour.

I did buy an A-Basin 4-pack this year and I am super stoked to ski the steep gullies this year, however.

Must be all the Jerry's that moved to CO in the past few months. Ride up, make two turns then side step down. Fun!

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Hike up, 45 minute snowplow down to lift, ride up, make two turns then side step down. Fun!
    FIFY.
    Thinking of taking my snows off. - alabamaskier

Quote Originally Posted by ColMan View Post
    Must be all the Jerry's that moved to CO in the past few months. Ride up, make two turns then side step down. Fun!
    Yeah, do you ski all the way to the bottom then side step up? Or stop at the back of the line and lose part of the little vertical that run offers?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    The scene at ABasin at 9:05 this morning. LOL.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    That is pretty much half the vertical lost.

Holy shit, has the number of gapers tripled in Colorado these past 5 years?!

I know it's a discussion point every year but I find it astounding that people rush to stand in line for an hour to ski the WROD in October but give up on skiing in March. Of course, it's better for us during those phenomenal spring powder days but wow.
    Last edited by The SnowShow; 10-13-2017 at 12:39 PM.

this is good getting drunk skiing... take skis off, go to b*ar, get beer, drink in line go home.
    (*c)
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    ...I know it's a discussion point every year but I find it astounding that people rush to stand in line for an hour to ski the WROD in October but give up on skiing in March. Of course, it's better for us during those phenomenal spring powder days but wow.
    Does anyone know this to actually be true -- or does it just look this way because in Oct everyone is gathered on one damn lift. In March they are spread out over multiple mountains and all their lifts?

Every person I personally know who is skiing today or this weekend at A-Basin are also people who ski all the through the closure at most mountains, and then a few may/june A-Basin days as well.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Does anyone know this to actually be true -- or does it just look this way because in Oct everyone is gathered on one damn lift. In March they are spread out over multiple mountains and all their lifts?

Every person I personally know who is skiing today or this weekend at A-Basin are also people who ski all the through the closure at most mountains, and then a few may/june A-Basin days as well.
    I was referring to the fact that mountains often close mid April with huge bases because "everyone" has stopped skiing and economically they don't push to stay open.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post

Yeah I think there is 100x more people skiing in April but it seems “empty” because 8 or 9 mountains are open with nearly 100% coverage and lift capacity

I think you are casually forgetting that the lowest portions of most mountains, outside of AB and Loveland, are complete shit or dirt by mid April .once that is gone they’re not downloading people

Spring conditions suck for a lot of people.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
    That is pretty much half the vertical lost.

Holy shit, has the number of gapers tripled in Colorado these past 5 years?!

I know it's a discussion point every year but I find it astounding that people rush to stand in line for an hour to ski the WROD in October but give up on skiing in March. Of course, it's better for us during those phenomenal spring powder days but wow.
    It is the Epic Pass. A shit ton have it. It is how Vail ruins places. Same shitshow shoes up at KW when we have high snow levels, or just powder days. Fuck Vail.

Man, I hop the lift line reaches all the way to the top of the run. That'd be awesome, Thom can really get the lift line testing of his new skis down.
    I got smart & didn't go.

Ski to the bottom, sidestep/bootpack/skin up to the end of the line ... NOT ;-)

^^^ This

[Edit] I agree with subsequent posts, that it's cool that newbies are stoked - especially the kids.

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 10-15-2017 at 07:07 AM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

It is so retarded but I love it that people are so stoked to ski that they put themselves through that hell to ski the WRD and actually think it is awesome...especially kids and 19 year olds spending their first winter in the mountains. Fuck yeah!

I was referring to the fact that mountains often close mid April with huge bases because "everyone" has stopped skiing and economically they don't push to stay open.
    It's a lot cheaper to run 1 lift at 1 mountain rather than all lifts at many. Most seasonal employees are still a long way from starting I believe...

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    It is so retarded but I love it that people are so stoked to ski that they put themselves through that hell to ski the WRD and actually think it is awesome...especially kids and 19 year olds spending their first winter in the mountains. Fuck yeah!
    Agreed. Good on them and godspeed.
    And there will be a few less people on the slopes the rest of the season while they recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    It could just keep snowing and be the most epic season evar...
    yep

nope
    My Company: Made in Colorado Clothing- check it out

www.freeridesystems.com
    20% Maggot Discount Code = 'MAGGOT16'

Two WRODs at the Basin! Skiing nice and fast and was quiet this morning!

Look on the bright side, at least those people aren't out in the desert. It is most likely still two months until I start getting excited about skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Look on the bright side, at least those people aren't out in the desert. It is most likely still two months until I start getting excited about skiing.
    Two months ! I've got 3 ski trips planned within the next two months.

yeah, the snow isn't likely to be good, but unless you go on a opening day, the crowds are usually minimal until mid-dec.
    Eat em up Houston Cougars !

It’s all warm up until the base is somewhat in around New Years anyway.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 10-17-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5534.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	426.9 KB 
ID:	214068

Agreed with the above comments, skied fast and there were no lines.