Page 567 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,175 of 41142
    Just drove over vail pass. Good snow from the tunnel to vail. Tomorrow should be good

WP was surprisingly soft today too. 1" under report was nice, since there was around 4-5" in the parking lot when I got there. Hopefully some more was squeezed out to soften it before the masses this next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

So some folks were just saying on Monday that we weren't going to get snow for the rest of the year, like they have better intel, these are supposedly snow professionals. Well, I'm looking at a foot in the hills near me. Just goes to show.

This was a very sneaky storm....beautifully, amazingly, sneaky!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

My sphincter has less pucker now. Snow was great in the sidecountry. I feel like several places under reported.

Sent from my HTC One mini using TGR Forums

We left Boulder at 6 this morning to head up to Beaver Creek. We were planning to ski Beaver Creek today, stay with a friend and ski Vail tomorrow. Got sideswiped by some college kid who pulled out into us on 93. Got pushed/spun into oncoming traffic. Thank God nobody was in the oncoming lane or we'd be really f'd up.

Car is totalled. Mrs Kevo and I have whiplash. Pow skiing weekend ruined. Make some turns for us.

Fuck.

So weak, sorry to hear that! I'm stuck at the inlaws in Nebraska for an early Xmas. Decided to stay out east a couple extra days cause this was suppose to be a dud. Glad to see otherwise. Looks like a nice refresher before Xmas.

sorry to hear that, kevo. at least if it was his fault then you get a new car out of it? at least only an inch or two of that 10" was overnight!

sorry Kevo. Dumbasses.

Highland Bowl. Holeeee fuckinshit. Keep hating on winter you bitches.
    "Why Pinto?"

Bummer kevo, glad you're not more seriously hurt.

No pow for me, I get to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow. Hope this storm doesn't follow me to the plains.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    We left Boulder at 6 this morning to head up to Beaver Creek. We were planning to ski Beaver Creek today, stay with a friend and ski Vail tomorrow. Got sideswiped by some college kid who pulled out into us on 93. Got pushed/spun into oncoming traffic. Thank God nobody was in the oncoming lane or we'd be really f'd up.

Car is totalled. Mrs Kevo and I have whiplash. Pow skiing weekend ruined. Make some turns for us.

Fuck.
    Bummer. Make sure you get to the Dr. and get that documented. It could come in handy later. And MAYBE the accident just screwed up your skis too (wink, wink). Best of luck for a speedy return to health and car.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.

Sorry to here that K. If you're posting on TGR, it's obvious your in good health. That's a win right there.

WP was tasty today. Good windloading in Parsen Bowl. Got to watch Mrs CS tomahawk into powder all afternoon. Quite enjoyable. Snowed pretty good from 10PM on to when we left at 1:45.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    This was a very sneaky storm....beautifully, amazingly, sneaky!
    Those are the best ones. Much better than hyped up 12" storms that attract heavy crowds on the hill but only 1-4" falls.

Quote Originally Posted by KillWW View Post
    Highland Bowl. Holeeee fuckinshit.
    ^2

Sorry to hear, Kevo.

Heal up Kevo and Mrs.K.

You can thank the Soooneerrrs for this little sooner snow. The Saban bloc must always be diligently crushed, even by subversive tactics.

Meteorologists, and armchairologists don't have any effect on the weather, just expectations and hemorrhoids.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Miss you christian. And DaHeels.

Raging tonight with keg of Celebration to bring in winter. You guys would love this bash - two years ago a patroller caught on fire.

Wish you were here. <sniffle>
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I don't know how it happened, but there is a metric shit ton of snow on Vail Pass.
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bummer kevo, glad you're not more seriously hurt.

No pow for me, I get to drive to Oklahoma tomorrow. Hope this storm doesn't follow me to the plains.

Allready snowing today. Not sure where all is getting it, but Amarillo to Salina getting covered and it's still heading east/north east. Lots of 8 to 12 inch totals. Ice and downed power lines east/south east of Wichita.

Not sure where you're going in OK? But might want to study and/or re-think your route or delay? Maybe I-25 or 287, would be better than 70?

Thanks everyone. Things are getting complicated in that the other driver was assigned fault, but he has the same insurance company as Mrs Kevo. We've been getting the run around and the insurance company tried to screw us a couple ways today. So, some insurance industry friends have told us to lawyer up because it is not in the insurance companies best interest to be reasonable. We're going to lawyer up ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_Smokin' View Post
    Sorry to here that K. If you're posting on TGR, it's obvious your in good health. That's a win right there. .
    ^The long history of Mags posting from the hospital would disagree with you

We recently got back from the hospital. We both have whiplash and got meds prescribed. Mine was bad enough to need xrays. One xray showed some issues in my spine. Nothing broken thankfully, but some soft tissue problems caused by the accident. Pain/stiffness is getting worse as the day goes on.

Hoping to heal up quick. I want to ski!

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    Allready snowing today. Not sure where all is getting it, but Amarillo to Salina getting covered and it's still heading east/north east. Lots of 8 to 12 inch totals. Ice and downed power lines east/south east of Wichita.

Not sure where you're going in OK? But might want to study and/or re-think your route or delay? Maybe I-25 or 287, would be better than 70?
    We're headed to OKC, basically. So no further east than Salina. Thanks for the heads up, I did a lot of looking at CDOT and KS and TX sites too. Not sure there's a better option, given the way the storm is moving. Sort of hoping that CO and western KS is mostly clear, and that by the time I get towards Salina in the afternoon that they've cleared it. Not too familiar with all the roads and options, but it doesn't appear that TX is doing any better.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We're headed to OKC, basically. So no further east than Salina. Thanks for the heads up, I did a lot of looking at CDOT and KS and TX sites too. Not sure there's a better option, given the way the storm is moving. Sort of hoping that CO and western KS is mostly clear, and that by the time I get towards Salina in the afternoon that they've cleared it. Not too familiar with all the roads and options, but it doesn't appear that TX is doing any better.

From what I'm seeing now, looks like you'd hit it around Hays. Salina has 10 right now, Wichita hasn't got much yet other than there's ice around.

25 TO 40 you'd hit it around Amarillo. 287 in the OK panhandle.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    From what I'm seeing now, looks like you'd hit it around Hays. Salina has 10 right now, Wichita hasn't got much yet other than there's ice around.

25 TO 40 you'd hit it around Amarillo. 287 in the OK panhandle.
    That's about what I see too. No idea which is worse; hard to tell from the various DOT sites, and I don't know the roads other than 70. Going south doesn't hold promise of warmer temps, and I fear it holds the promise of more ice and more drivers that don't have a clue.

Hays to Salina drivers would be ok, at least the locals. Scary ones will be Wichita to OKC.

Hopefully it stays away from Wichita for you.

yeah, I hear you. The one thing I got going for me is that it is supposed to have moved out by morning, and I won't be there till the afternoon, giving things time to get cleaned up. But like I said, I'm flying blind here, not very familiar with the territory. It's an in-law thing.