Page 1421 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... LastLast
Results 35,501 to 35,525 of 41271
    On the snow…I decided on WP instead of Abasin due to needing to be home for dinner reservations and didn’t want to deal with I70 west of tunnel. Turns out I am going to miss anyway. Currently in er for broken and displaced forearm. Falling sucks

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Fuck, man, sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up fast.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

this fire is so fucking random

"fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We saw the randomness with that fire outside co springs 7 or so years ago

The amount of recent snow at Schofield, Grand Mesa, Rabbit Ears, and Wolf Creek is astonishing.

Total stuck fest on the snowmobiles today. White out, windy AF and slabs building everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I certainly hope this wasn’t human caused.

https://www.dailycamera.com/2021/12/...or-broomfield/
    Holy shit. We're about to find out it was started by some bullshit baby gender reveal ceremony!

How could it not be from humans? I mean, it's not like power lines grow naturally in nature.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Not to start any rumors. But there is this. https://twitter.com/asp321/status/14...638402058?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    The amount of recent snow at Schofield, Grand Mesa, Rabbit Ears, and Wolf Creek is astonishing.
    All of those are very close to their 7- and 10-day SWE records.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    How could it not be from humans? I mean, it's not like power lines grow naturally in nature.
    Directly human caused, smartass.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Total stuck fest on the snowmobiles today. White out, windy AF and slabs building everywhere
    Yes been watching Schofield.. I would not recommend coming to Wolf Creek to tour right now. It is very deep. CDOT has not had time to plow out parking areas. Parking your car on the shoulder would be a bad idea right now. Other than on top of the pass and Tucker Ponds the snowmachine parking is not plowed. Fortunately other places have snow so the snowmachine parking has not gotten out of control.
    off your knees Louie

Directly human caused, smartass.
    To quote a famous cartoon sailor "I am what I am, ayukyukyuk".

But yeah, it's human caused.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

This storm has been absolutely bonkers for the CB area. After tomorrow it will likely be the biggest single event recorded on the Schofield snotel since its installation in 1986. It was already the third biggest two days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Not to start any rumors. But there is this. https://twitter.com/asp321/status/14...638402058?s=20
    That looks like more than a rumor. Some burning matter from that fire could have easily been blown to the apparent start of the fire at Cherryvale and Marshall Road, which is only a few tenths of a mile downwind to the east.

I drive by there several times a week, and I'm pretty sure that the area with the flames in the twitter video is private property, and there are usually a bunch of big trucks and some construction equipment there. Contrary to the caption from the person that submitted the video, that's not a barn. It might have been a small shed or trailer.

If you listen to the video, the people talking sound like they are stoned and a bit clueless. Maybe that's why they waited over five hours to post the video.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    Old Ma Nature is just getting "warmed" up. This is probably the new normal and it's just starting to ramp up. I'd bet that in the next few years climate change is going to be accelerating way faster than was predicted.
    Portland getting up to 116 degrees F in June, a tornado killing 100 people in December, and now a wildfire destroying a thousand homes on the penultimate day of 2021. Maybe it's just a freak thing, but at some point we've got to accept that these kinds of things seem to be happening more and more.

I’ve been pretty amazed at the amount of cigs I’ve seen tossed out of cars lately. I mean wtf people?!? Only a matter of time on one of these dry and windy days. Not saying that is the cause of this but…

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    On the snow…I decided on WP instead of Abasin due to needing to be home for dinner reservations and didn’t want to deal with I70 west of tunnel. Turns out I am going to miss anyway. Currently in er for broken and displaced forearm. Falling sucks

. Heal up quick. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    This storm has been absolutely bonkers for the CB area. After tomorrow it will likely be the biggest single event recorded on the Schofield snotel since its installation in 1986. It was already the third biggest two days ago.
    It just keeps puking. Faucet might turn off tonight but then it gets really cold.

Think anything good will be opened at CB by midweek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Think anything good will be opened at CB by midweek?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No. Can't even get regular runs and lifts open. 2 weeks at least

The roof over the mini golf (summer) and ski storage (winter) couldn't handle the load anymore and came down today. Luckily I don't think anyone was in it.

Last edited by goldenboy; 12-31-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post

whoh, dam, sorry to hear elk. tough one

Anyone near Aspen have a sense of how many southern aspects are sliding naturally?

I’m trying to head up express creek on Sunday and I’m working through feasibility. There are a few slide paths that are hard to dodge. I think Sunday is seeming on the cusp of my normal risk threshold and I’m hoping someone else will have set a skin track on Saturday. Heading up there for a hut trip but I’m realizing I may get a mile from the car and pull the plug based on how things look.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    No. Can't even get regular runs and lifts open. 2 weeks at least

The roof over the mini golf (summer) and ski storage (winter) couldn't handle the load anymore and came down today. Luckily I don't think anyone was in it.

The fact that they had to close to Teo to open East River is not a good look. How were the crowds today? I may pop over there tomorrow.

I hope no one was hurt.

The fact that they had to close to Teo to open East River is not a good look. How were the crowds today? I may pop over there tomorrow.

I hope no one was hurt.
    Morning crowds have been bad since they can't seem to get the queen or west wall lifts open on time or at all. East River crowds are bad by cb standards. Paradise has been pretty mellow

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk