Page 1394 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 ... LastLast
Results 34,826 to 34,850 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Is Trestle not a legit bike park?
    It is, but only open a few months. And does it really make money? Have you ever been to Whistler in the summer? That's what I'm talking aboooot! CO front Range is 5 million people +. Vancouver is half that.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You've got the whole "never snows" thing to contend with, too.

I'm in for a year round lift served bike park. I'll pay.

The moment you decide to put in a lift especially for biking is the moment you put it up the SOUTH FACE of something and all of a sudden your season just extended ~3mo to ~7mo if you put it in at 9K. You put that in at 6K and it is basically year round.

Whistler makes money hand over fist in the summer.

BUT if you want a Whistler Colorado:

1. Bring in BC or PNW trail builders like Gravity Logic.

2. Bring in real dirt on the machine built flow trails. Like, real actual dirt, seal it up. Now maintain it on the regular. Front Range (and Summit/Grand/Eagle) "dirt" is garbage.

Trail builders in CO think they know how to build trails, and some can build fun trails, but most don't and none can build world class. And before you get your chamois in a twist, if you haven't ridden Whistler and BC, then you don't know. NO. Shut up. Seriously. You do not know. Ya but? Nope. You don't. Go to Whistler and get back to me. But you think you know because Trestle, Steamboat, Snowmass and now Copper have all paid to have Gravity Logic come down from Whistler and design proper trails and you rode those trails? Yep. Now you have a *taste* of what perfect trails are like, albeit relatively unmaintained. Go sample the real thing and expect better.

*Jonesing for snow and for Whistler*

I think some Floyd Hill is in the cards today... that's a fun playground. Barelli put up a vid of some creative lines
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    We already had that. It was rad. Its still there but without lift or avalanche control with makes it less rad.

The current state of the FS is so understaffed and apathetic that probably nothing can get done.
    I like Berthoud as much as the next guy, but that terrain does not compare to Silverton. A-Basin is close and it still exists, and much of their premier terrain is hike in or hike out which keeps it nice....

^^^yes, got a nice ride in the woods today.

Someone friggin develop a year round lift served mtn bike mountain in the Front Range. It would kill it.
    Every time I ride Apex I gaze upon Heritage Square and imagine the possibilities. Alas they will probably just build houses on the land.
    I have more skis and bikes than Facebook friends.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Just gotta wait out my parents so I acquire their house on 22 acres in Deer Creek Canyon, then let's talk about a front range bike park haha
    Keep smokin' *that* crack.

Quote Originally Posted by mfkracing View Post
    Every time I ride Apex I gaze upon Heritage Square and imagine the possibilities. Alas they will probably just build houses on the land.
    It is owned by the mine next door so my money is on turning it into a strip mine of some sort

Here is some stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It is owned by the mine next door so my money is on turning it into a strip mine of some sort
    This. Conglomerates (esp in the current market) are worth WAY more than fucking DH bike tickets.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I'm in for a year round lift served bike park. I'll pay.

The moment you decide to put in a lift especially for biking is the moment you put it up the SOUTH FACE of something and all of a sudden your season just extended ~3mo to ~7mo if you put it in at 9K. You put that in at 6K and it is basically year round.

Whistler makes money hand over fist in the summer.

BUT if you want a Whistler Colorado:

1. Bring in BC or PNW trail builders like Gravity Logic.

2. Bring in real dirt on the machine built flow trails. Like, real actual dirt, seal it up. Now maintain it on the regular. Front Range (and Summit/Grand/Eagle) "dirt" is garbage.

Trail builders in CO think they know how to build trails, and some can build fun trails, but most don't and none can build world class. And before you get your chamois in a twist, if you haven't ridden Whistler and BC, then you don't know. NO. Shut up. Seriously. You do not know. Ya but? Nope. You don't. Go to Whistler and get back to me. But you think you know because Trestle, Steamboat, Snowmass and now Copper have all paid to have Gravity Logic come down from Whistler and design proper trails and you rode those trails? Yep. Now you have a *taste* of what perfect trails are like, albeit relatively unmaintained. Go sample the real thing and expect better.

*Jonesing for snow and for Whistler*

I think some Floyd Hill is in the cards today... that's a fun playground. Barelli put up a vid of some creative lines
    There’s no garbage dirt, only garbage riders

Yea, that's like saying there is no such thing as bad snow, only bad skiers. If that was true, people wouldn't pay big bucks to ski pow and chuters wouldn't hanker for spring snow. Coombs was wrong. There is good snow, and snow that is good for you.

You can have fun on any surface, but some dirt is so much better, especially if you are trying to build and maintain a berm, lip, or tranny. You can't build berms out of coarsely crushed granite. Silt makes shit lips. Sand makes crap landings.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Models seem to be a bit more optimistic for the Tuesday storm, and maybe more Thursday -> Saturday.
    FKNA - let's break down the Ridiculously Resilient Ridge, bury this bike talk, and get back to business!

STOKE:

Yea, that's like saying there is no such thing as bad snow, only bad skiers. If that was true, people wouldn't pay big bucks to ski pow and chuters wouldn't hanker for spring snow. Coombs was wrong. There is good snow, and snow that is good for you.

You can have fun on any surface, but some dirt is so much better, especially if you are trying to build and maintain a berm, lip, or tranny. You can't build berms out of coarsely crushed granite. Silt makes shit lips. Sand makes crap landings.
    Maybe once the Loveland volleys finish bootlicking the ridge they can start hiking some Real Dirt in to all the Front Range berms lips and trannys

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Maybe once the Loveland volleys finish bootlicking the ridge they can start hiking some Real Dirt in to all the Front Range berms lips and trannys
    Maybe they can get some real pavement on I70 too.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Maybe they can get some real pavement on I70 too.
    Now you're just being greedy!

I'll be the first to say it - the "dirt" out at Buffalo Creek is garbage.

That said - I always have fun when I ride out there. Despite the dirt being garbage.

And full disclosure: I'm a garbage rider.
    Last edited by skaredshtles; 12-01-2021 at 04:19 PM.

Yes, I know. I wuz breaking ballz.
    Name:  IMG_0501.JPG
Views: 676
Size:  27.0 KB

There is no way a bike park could make money in the winter.
    Riding in the winter is a fringe sport and most of the time, I’m the only one out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    There is no way a bike park could make money in the winter.
    Riding in the winter is a fringe sport and most of the time, I’m the only one out there.
    Winter barely exists in the Front Range foothills these days. But yeah, close it down for 2-3 months and have 9-10 months of riding.

Your dreaming. Rideable conditions vary greatly and I don’t see lifts opening at sunrise during a freeze/thaw.

Having a lift, governed by the Colorado tramway Board, is $70k before the bullwheel ever turns.

Seriously lucky today to work BOP again, and while I’m fried after two days....holy cow! Being on course for downhill training was nuts. The sound.....it’s like a race car....those guys are crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Your dreaming. Rideable conditions vary greatly and I don’t see lifts opening at sunrise during a freeze/thaw.

Having a lift, governed by the Colorado tramway Board, is $70k before the bullwheel ever turns.
    You think $70K is a lot of money? Freeze thaw? Come back when you have real hurdles to overcome.

E-bikes will be everywhere before too long.

Let’s pitch it to the quarry man apparently the value of heritage to the company is mostly as a buffer between his operation and the city.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

https://usskiandsnowboard.org/news/b...-mother-nature

"During today’s first and only training run at Birds of Prey, though, Cochran-Siegle had some issues with the snow. The Birds of Prey track is widely regarded as the best-prepared track on the World Cup circuit, featuring the snow wizard Tom Johnston (aka “Cowboy”), the legendary Beaver Creek mountain ops crew working in tandem with the Talon Crew, among many volunteers from local clubs who bust their butts to make the surface something special. With warm temperatures heading into this race series, the crew had a challenge but they lived up to it. Under sunny, blue skies, the surface was buttery and smooth, but the warm temperatures presented some issues.
    Cochran-Siegle didn’t have a good feeling the entire way down. “Well, I would say my skiing today was not race quality and I need to make adjustments based on what the conditions are in order to be competitive,” he said. “The snow didn’t feel good today, but it was still the same snow that everyone else skied on. It’s up to me to figure out how to ski it the way I would like.”
    Many of the athletes came down saying the course was coming at them fast, especially with the lack of terrain this year due to the lack of snow. Cochran-Siegle felt differently. “It didn’t feel like high speeds to me, just that the skis were moving away every turn especially when under high pressure,” he reflected. “It didn’t matter how hard you pushed into the snow either, there was never a response coming back.”

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk