Page 1452 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1447 1448 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 ... LastLast
Results 36,276 to 36,300 of 41273
    WP skied great today, first time it felt like real winter in a while

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    WP skied great today, first time it felt like real winter in a while
    Ugh. I was all ready to head up to WP last night, loaded the car, and the check engine light came on. Fuck. Driving up at night, with a bunch of snow and bitter cold, seemed to be a bad idea if there was a chance of being stranded. So I bailed and unloaded the car.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

CB was great again today. The 3:20 pm frontside to flat iron opening was a nice way to end the day.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    CB was great again today. The 3:20 pm frontside to flat iron opening was a nice way to end the day.
    Damn I knew I shouldn’t bail early but the morning was pretty damn good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Breck was much better than the report would've suggested yesterday. No crowds up high and some real nice deeper turns. Low vis off imperial so everything way high up is gonna be dope today!

Sounds like everywhere had a good pow day yesterday, Thanks CR!!

Denver ownership is not really a factor. Prior to Interwest, the issue was lack of funds. For a while Intrawest had funds (Super Gauge, Pano, Eagle Wind), then Intrawest went belly up which stopped things. Alterra has the funds and authority to do stuff (and took over Intrawest's 75-year lease), but part of the issue is backlog of maintenance and older lifts. They have focused on a much needed Zephyr replacement (THEEEE Gondola), Sunnyside 6-pak upgrade and this summer's planned Pioneer upgrade (with mid-station)....also much needed and long overdue. But what is really needed at this point is more terrain (especially intermediate terrain with Pano often having wind closures). Vasquez Mountain (Big Vasquez, whatever you call it) has been in the permit area for decades and would be exactly that, but its a big budget item. At the same time, if Alterra wants WP to be its flagship Front Range Resort, it needs to happen now. Sure, Zero would be cool too, but that's not already permitted and a massive undertaking, if even feasible.

Yes, the Eagle Wind terrain (which used to be called Backside Parsenn before the lift) did add better lift service, but that is exactly my point, WP has added tons of lift capacity but no new terrain in decades. Just the new lift capacity on the Jane with the Sunnyside 6-pak and Super Gauge 6-pak means you have a hill that is served by 2 Six-Packs, a Quad (Hi-Lo), 2 doubles (C & Horse (Horse only on Sat)) and a mid-mtn double (Pony on weekends). That's a shit ton of capacity for the Girl. The much talked about Gondola extension to the Jane would only exacerbate it. At some point, that degrades the quality of the product and turns powder days into powder mornings.
    Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm curious if this has anything to do with the fact that WP is owned by the city of Denver.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yep - juice wasn't really worth the squeeze... though I'm guilty of skiing it a few times. And now it gets pretty fucked up since so many ski it, so the juice *still* isn't worth the squeeze... though I'm guilty of skiing it a few times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And while it is accurate to say that WP hasn't expanded terrain, Eagle Wind would be viewed as an expansion by many, that terrain was pretty inaccessible without a lift, even if it was inbounds. Yes, I know that some loved it because it held great snow forever, but that's because it took 3 lifts and a lot of time on flats to lap it.
    Last edited by blazes_boylan; 02-25-2022 at 04:36 PM.

I almost exclusively ski the WP side. Tuesday this week (a holiday week for many) was dead empty. Fresh tracks at 10:30AM when I first got out with my son, and only partly tracked out bumps and trees for the rest of the day. I don’t know if I’ve waited more than 10 minutes in a lift line all season. No complaints.

Vail got pretty Breck’d today. Tomorrow should be Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    I almost exclusively ski the WP side.
    Your doing it wrong…

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBall View Post
    Vail got pretty Breck’d today. Tomorrow should be Epic.
    Went out around 9:30 here in breck yesterday, saw the gondola line backing up to the street again but this time it was only because they didn't open the full maze so it was just a straight line out from the front. We just walked to the north lot side of the line and walked into the singles line straight to the front. Lifty just gave us a high five and let us have our own gondi cabin for using our brains a bit. hah

Is this a holiday week? Wolf Creek has been using the overflow lot all week. Seems like every toy hauler in north america is here. Is everywhere unusually busy? Hopefully CAIC keeps it considerable through the weekend to keep down the crowds. Heard report of avie injury in the La Platas today. Some big slides here yesterday NE is not your friend. Just saw a death in Marble yesterday.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    Went out around 9:30 here in breck yesterday, saw the gondola line backing up to the street again but this time it was only because they didn't open the full maze so it was just a straight line out from the front. We just walked to the north lot side of the line and walked into the singles line straight to the front. Lifty just gave us a high five and let us have our own gondi cabin for using our brains a bit. hah
    Definitely ways to ease the suffering as long as you can just go where the current can take you.

Hiked and skied James Peak today, that sastrugi was a good test for the new ACL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2850.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	407612

Last edited by Ireallyliketoski; 02-28-2022 at 07:29 PM.

Mmmm, sastrugi...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Hiked and skied James Peak today, that sastrugi was a good test for the new ACLClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2850.JPG 
Views:	120 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	407612

oh god..... user name checks out

Jane skied beautiful today, bluebird chalk and zero wind, great day

Anybody at CB the next couple days.

40s to low 50s all week in Summit
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    40s to low 50s all week in Summit
    Fack.

I look forward to a bit more stability with the kiss of a possibility of corn.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I’m all about the warmer weather.

It ain’t gonna last long as there looks to be a week long storm moving in Friday.

word got out on the basin this sunday. longest lines i've expierenced all year. and no wind buff on the spine. wtf

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Anybody at CB the next couple days.

If I head over there tomorrow I'll shoot you a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It ain’t gonna last long as there looks to be a week long storm moving in Friday.
    Since when did a week become two days long?

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Since when did a week become two days long?
    Measurable snowfall predicted for four days and chance of snow every day after that. Point is, it is going to snow again soon so I’m not too worried about a few warm days. I’ll enjoy them.

All I see is high pressure and sketchy conditions. I need a vacation