Page 1496 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1491 1492 1493 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 ... LastLast
Results 37,376 to 37,400 of 41292
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You have no idea the wealth that exists on the Front Range...
    The truth.

And who cares when you can just charge everything!

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Considering I grew up there I can imagine.
    You've been gone awhile, I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You've been gone awhile, I presume?
    I'm not sure what your point is? I grew up near Boulder and my family still lives there so I visit frequently and have watched it change like everyone else who's been around the last 20+ years. I also spend a lot of time in Telluride and have lived and worked at Ikon resorts. The type of people who Telluride markets too and the type of people who generally own Ikon passes are not the same imo.
    Last edited by ASmileyFace; 07-22-2022 at 05:31 PM.

^I agree. Not to mention ain't no one driving 7 hours from SLC to bash rocks in Telluride instead of going to Jackson or Big Sky.

...The type of people who Telluride markets too and the type of people who own generally own Ikon passes are not the same imo.
    I think you could easily say the same thing about Epic as about IKON. I don't see why Epic is a more sensible fit than Ikon. Sure, Epic has a larger share of the upper middle class midwesterners. But among the sort of people that I know with TRide type money -- Ikon and it's destinations (Jackson, Steamboat, Sun Valley, Aspen, Deer Valley) are more attractive. TRide seems a more market-share / cultural fit on Ikon than it does Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    ^I agree. Not to mention ain't no one driving 7 hours from SLC to bash rocks in Telluride instead of going to Jackson or Big Sky.
    In a good snow season, I’d pick TRide over JH and Big Sky.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I probably would too... but that's because good snow seasons at TRide are such a rarity.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    So would I. Maybe someday it will snow in the san juans again.

It’s such a shame. Such incredible terrain and scenery, plus a great town.

The writing is on the wall IMO that T-Ride is done with Epic as Vail Resorts is pulling out all of their retail locations in Telluride after this next winter. Seems to me to be a sign.

Who knows, maybe they will just go indy and everybody can be happy. But it seems not likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    The writing is on the wall IMO that T-Ride is done with Epic as Vail Resorts is pulling out all of their retail locations in Telluride after this next winter. Seems to me to be a sign.

Who knows, maybe they will just go indy and everybody can be happy. But it seems not likely.
    Now that is interesting news. If Vail is really pulling out of all their retail locations then you're on to something. But, I wonder if it is Vail dropping Telski or the other way around.

If Epic is done with T-ride, it's better for folks who live in the region for sure.

I see no other reason for Vail Resorts to pull their stores other than skyrocketing rents and a downturn in the economy & lack of employees. They own a lot of the buildings they operate in at various resorts, but with Telluride I don't think that's necessarily the case. May be a game of tug of war. Maybe they just want to liquidate and become landlords to others who will pay the astronomical rents and put those labor dollars back into the resort. Maybe Telluride gave them an ultimatum to staff up at the resort so the retail stores get the axe. Who knows.

The first thing I thought when I learned of this is that they are leaving the Epic and this seems like a retaliatory move by Vail but smart one given the economic forecast. But I could be totally wrong, which I often am.

I've tried to find exactly how long Telluride's contract with Epic was, but nothing except for they had entered a 'long-term partnership'. It's been 5 years or so now.

This is all speculation, I really have no idea how this is going to play out.

I always assumed that Vail owned at least some of the buildings they were operating TellurideSports/Patagonia/whatever else. If they don't bailing on Telluride if they aren't re-upping on the Epic makes a lot of sense. Going to be interesting watching that develop over the next winter.

Well Holy Heck, kids, you have some amazing riding down here.
    That's all I can say.
    But both Ozzy and Dio were good singers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220723_200110200.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	745.9 KB 
ID:	422208
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I got more real powder days in my first month in the Tetons than I did in two seasons at Telluride...but I love that place.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Well Holy Heck, kids, you have some amazing riding down here.
    That's all I can say.
    But both Ozzy and Dio were good singers.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220723_200110200.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	745.9 KB 
ID:	422208
    I fuckin' LOVE cherry pie. It is The Lord of the Pies.

Genuine hero dirt conditions obtained today. Rain at 2:30 just before we dropped into a deep forest downhill singletrack.

Not to jinx it but the monsoon has been generous this year. A little dusty up here on Monarch but the storms keep rolling through.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Genuine hero dirt conditions obtained today. Rain at 2:30 just before we dropped into a deep forest downhill singletrack.

Not to jinx it but the monsoon has been generous this year. A little dusty up here on Monarch but the storms keep rolling through.
    I'm still rebounding from COVID and injury, but conditions were great on Green's today. We were done long before the rain and having beers though.

It will indeed be interesting to see what plays out in Telluride.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    hell of a drug (mid summer shakes)
    QFT.

I always assumed that Vail owned at least some of the buildings they were operating TellurideSports/Patagonia/whatever else. If they don't bailing on Telluride if they aren't re-upping on the Epic makes a lot of sense. Going to be interesting watching that develop over the next winter.
    I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that knows that property records are publicly available online?

150 W Colorado (Telluride Sports Main St) is owned by an LLC that appears to be owned by local Telluride individuals.
    302 W San Juan (Telluride Sports Camel's Garden) is owned by the Town of Mountain Village
    all of the Mountain Village base area Telluride Sports locations are owned by Telski
    200 W Colorado (Patagonia) is owned by Molen - 209 LLC which appears to have a local owner
    300 S Mahoney (Telluride Sports Cimarron Lodge) is owned by Levin Elena Stella with a local PO Box

I mean I have no idea how many layers of bullshit Vail has their properties set up behind but as far as I can tell at a glance they don't own shit in Telluride.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post

Yeah, was thinking the same thing. It rains almost every day, but not for long, and not too much. Hasn't really prevented me from doing anything and the air has sure been nice and clear all summer as opposed to the last few summers.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the only person that knows that property records are publicly available online?

150 W Colorado (Telluride Sports Main St) is owned by an LLC that appears to be owned by local Telluride individuals.
    302 W San Juan (Telluride Sports Camel's Garden) is owned by the Town of Mountain Village
    all of the Mountain Village base area Telluride Sports locations are owned by Telski
    200 W Colorado (Patagonia) is owned by Molen - 209 LLC which appears to have a local owner
    300 S Mahoney (Telluride Sports Cimarron Lodge) is owned by Levin Elena Stella with a local PO Box

I mean I have no idea how many layers of bullshit Vail has their properties set up behind but as far as I can tell at a glance they don't own shit in Telluride.
    I know they are available online, but I kinda just suck at finding that stuff lol. Thanks for looking into it.

This summer in the San Juans has been spectacular. Great temps and near daily rain has everything so lush and beautiful. Craziest wildflower season ever and fantastic biking.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, was thinking the same thing. It rains almost every day, but not for long, and not too much. Hasn't really prevented me from doing anything and the air has sure been nice and clear all summer as opposed to the last few summers.
    Well, I jinxed that, been pouring harder than I've seen it rain for a long time today. Guess it's a good day to get some work done. Went and saw Top Gun in the theatre yesterday, shoulda done that today. Poor planning...

This is the most rain I've seen in the mountain in years

Tomorrow we're going to see some real road and trail damage

Almost hydroplaned today coming back from a wasted trip to Craig (aren't they all). Legit rain all freaking day. No riding as I slept in & then it was too late. Booooo

All the windows are open at home and the air is so fresh. Might have to use a blanket tonight!