Page 1281 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 ... LastLast
Results 32,001 to 32,025 of 41291
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Pattern changes 3 weeks out per Joel
    That Thursday -> Sunday "stormy period" is now a zero on the latest GFS run - woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Too late for that. You should be cheering for the Irish, and/or Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    I drove past that shit show on my way home on Tuesday. I have never seen Wolf Creek like that, ever. People were walking through the snowshed on the East side 1.25 miles to get to the resort. I don't care how much snow fell that could hardly be worth the experience.

Also, Purgatory's main six pack lift at the base has been broken for two (three maybe?) straight days now forcing people to either load a fixed grip double, or a fixed grip triple LOL. Had some Texans in my shop two days ago renting snowshoes that loudly exclaimed, "their whole vacation was ruined because Purgatory couldn't get the main lift open." Sorry your pandemic vacation isn't going to plan, and please pull that mask over your nose thank you very much.

Bama needs to fuck off soon.
    That shit pisses me off to no end. Entitled fucks complaining their pandemic vacation was ruined. Go fuck yourself, you selfish piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    ^ I almost forgot about this...

I find this phenomenon comical and needed to update the chart I made a few years back.

Interesting to see 2014/2015 as an outlier season, must have been some other weird voodoo going on

Who's getting nervous...????

Attachment 355817

https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...cs144p2_063325
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...onship-history
    The bama curse was a serious contributing factor for me moving away from Colorado.

That chart is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    The bama curse was a serious contributing factor for me moving away from Colorado.

That chart is amazing.
    Looks like we’re in for it this year. Shit early season and now a dry spell for three weeks. Fuck Bama.

Montanaskier is pissing me off right now. And Alabama. Fucking Tide.

We may be fucked.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Roll Tide fellas! It’s mountain bike season! In all honesty, CLemson or Ohio St will beat the brakes off of Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Negative 9 yo!

Interesting article in High Country News about Gunnison County and the second home owners. Wasn't sure where to post it but this thread has a pretty wide ranging discussion. https://www.hcn.org/issues/53.1/sout...-they-hit-back
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

When will NCAA violations come out against Bama? Sorry, I can’t believe that program is clean. Once they do, CO will be like Mt Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Interesting article in High Country News about Gunnison County and the second home owners. Wasn't sure where to post it but this thread has a pretty wide ranging discussion. https://www.hcn.org/issues/53.1/sout...-they-hit-back
    Everyone I know who lives down there wishes they could round up and liquidate those folks.

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Negative 9 yo!
    -7.5, points that is.

OSU has played 6 games this season. Bama has played 11. Anyone talking shit about strength of schedule this year?

But yeah, OSU looked formidable last night. They might blast us into a good snow season yet.

As a Colorado skier and U of M alum, I'm in a quandary.

https://www.summitdaily.com/news/loc...summit-county/

same shit different place different shit same entitlment
    "you ask why they don't just become residents?"
    the answer "well I need to keep my residency in florida or texas or some low tax rate state because of taxes you know"
    but I pay property taxes here and run up property values you need me

fuck I hope they all pack up and start going back home on sunday the holiday is over

Sounds like there was a slide on Mines Peak. Anyone have more info?

Sounds like there was a slide on Mines Peak. Anyone have more info?
    my understanding was that the slide was a few days ago, but yesterday SAR was called as if it was a slide yesterday so they investigated to see if anyone was caught and determined that nobody was.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Thanks for posting this. This article really encapsulates the divide that is happening in so many mountain towns in the West and really what is going everywhere in our country between the "haves" and the "have nots." The Rogues' Gallery Blacklist that 2nd homeowners made trying to hurt the income of locals who spoke out against them is just deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by blazes_boylan View Post
    Thanks for posting this. This article really encapsulates the divide that is happening in so many mountain towns in the West and really what is going everywhere in our country between the "haves" and the "have nots." The Rogues' Gallery Blacklist that 2nd homeowners made trying to hurt the income of locals who spoke out against them is just deplorable.
    Yeah, I agree. It highlighted one specific place with specific things that happened, but the tensions that caused those things to happen are playing over and over across the West (as any quick review of foggy or fred posts will demonstrate).

my understanding was that the slide was a few days ago, but yesterday SAR was called as if it was a slide yesterday so they investigated to see if anyone was caught and determined that nobody was.
    That's the gist of it. I'm starting to get super frustrated that a place I love in my backyard is know as a place where people go and do stupid shit. Helicopters, dog teams, ski patrol, SAR, Sheriff's Office, EMS....that shit ain't free.

So yeah, CRAD deployed for an avalanche where nobody was caught but while you are here....mind helping with the cliffed out snowshoer? I'm starting to think that the new cell tower is a bad idea. Gonna be a lot of call outs for hang nails and fender benders.

There's a cell tower up there? I can haz cell service on BP?

Any idea where it was? Mines 1/2? Hells Half Acre? Floral Park? Just curious. Haven’t seen any specific info.

There's a cell tower up there? I can haz cell service on BP?
    Just don't use it to call SAR, work remote, "hope on a call" or otherwise additionally CF what has become a legendary CF. If millenials can CF Loveland Pass, you know damn well the Gen Xers can CF Berthoud better. I mean, we do everything better.

Any idea where it was? Mines 1/2? Hells Half Acre? Floral Park? Just curious. Haven’t seen any specific info.
    Mines2, check Grand County SAR for the the least sketchiest of info.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Mines2, check Grand County SAR for the the least sketchiest of info.
    Ah thanks

Ah thanks
    If you read CAIC obs, the original avalanche was also reported there on 12/30.

Tons of big collapses and shooting cracks on low angle westerly aspects near Jones Pass today. Lots of big remote triggers visible in the alpine. The snowpack is screaming at us to keep it below 30 degrees right now.
    Turns were very good.