Page 1167 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... LastLast
Results 29,151 to 29,175 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Outer Range Brewery- trendy Hazy beers, worth a visit if you are into that kinda thing, although they have a good pilsner now too. "In The Steep" is their flagship and is probably what I'd start with.
    x 1 Million.

This may be the best beer in the state right now.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    x 1 Million.

This may be the best beer in the state right now.
    Do have to say the little brewery by my place got a few kegs from them and they were each darn good.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Oh yeah, Outer Range is on my list for sure. I take it HighSide isn't quite in the same league, but is it worth a stop?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Oh yeah, Outer Range is on my list for sure. I take it HighSide isn't quite in the same league, but is it worth a stop?
    HighSide is way better than the shitty brewery that used to be there. And is making decent beers in a far wider variety of styles than Outer Range.

Angry James in Silverthorne is better though.

Moosejaw is worth a couple of Banquets.

+1 on Outer Range. Owner/brewer is a former Other Half brewer in NYC. If you are not familiar with them, they are producing some of the best EC ipa's I have had and I live in VT. I stumbled on it the first day at Copper a few yrs ago and went back every day for the rest of the week.

If you are touring breweries I’d also recommend a short trip to Broken Compass on the north side of Breck.

Angry James is also only a 12 minute bus ride from Outer Range since they are both next to transfer centers.

Would not say that you shouldn’t go to Highside either. Larger range of styles and the cheese curds are pretty good too.

One of my friends is a dedicated Pabst and Miller High Life man. Maye we can leave him at Moosejaw while those of us who appreciate a good microbrew can head out to Outer Range.

One of my friends is a dedicated Pabst and Miller High Life man. Maye we can leave him at Moosejaw while those of us who appreciate a good microbrew can head out to Outer Range.
    He might like the pils at OR or at Broken Compass. But he will probably love the Jaw.

Here's some spots with my impressions, I'm sure other people will have other opinions because they are on the internet.
    Outer Range Brewery- trendy Hazy beers, worth a visit if you are into that kinda thing, although they have a good pilsner now too. "In The Steep" is their flagship and is probably what I'd start with.
    Tavern West- probably my favorite bar/restaurant in Frisco. Higher end pub food, little pricey. We go here a lot.
    Fifth Ave grill- steaks and such, very good
    Vinnys-has great family Italian. You want pasta, go here
    Bagali's- also italian and pretty good. More like wood fired pizzas and small plates,
    Breakfast- Butterhorn, good pastries and decent breakfast, Log Cabin is OK too
    Rocky Mountain Roasters- good coffee and quick breakfast burritos, I like the chorizo ones.
    Moosejaw- classic local dive bar, worth a visit.
    Peppino's Pizza- best pizza in town, maybe the county.
    Greco's- casual decently priced, but not the highest end of food. Decent beer list.
    Clubhouse- local beers selection and cocktails, good bar scene upstairs.

That's about all I can think of, sure I'm missing something but I'd say overall, Frisco has some pretty good spots and you won't be disappointed at these.
    I'd add-
    Hacienda Real for Mexican.
    The Himalayan restaurant in the same plaza has cheap, delicious food. the service leaves something to be desired, so don't be in a rush.
    Kemosabe has quite decent sushi (it's not as good as Mountain Flying Fish in Breck tho).
    Pure Kitchen (over by Whole Foods) is a delicious, seasonal farm to table, with lots of organic and sustainable sourced ingredients, little spendy.

10 Mile Music Hall has some good acts coming through this winter. Bring ear plugs, 'cause it's loud! (or I'm just old).

And YES, if you like IPAs......it doesn't get any better than Outer Range.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    +1 on Outer Range. Owner/brewer is a former Other Half brewer in NYC. If you are not familiar with them, they are producing some of the best EC ipa's I have had and I live in VT. I stumbled on it the first day at Copper a few yrs ago and went back every day for the rest of the week.
    I did not know that. Now it all makes sense. I couldn’t figure out how they just showed up in the middle of ski country fully formed producing THAT type of stuff.
    Last edited by beece; 11-07-2019 at 02:07 PM.

He might like the pils at OR or at Broken Compass. But he will probably love the Jaw.
    The pils at Angry James is solid as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3C8D623-7D57-4D08-9B2A-47A9B894D9A8.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	301382

^^^^ How's the ankle?

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The pils at Angry James is solid as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E3C8D623-7D57-4D08-9B2A-47A9B894D9A8.jpeg 
Views:	110 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	301382
    Jakes Pils named after Jake Fiala, a former Olympic ski racer, and US Freestyle skier.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    ^^^^ How's the ankle?
    Good enough to tour soon. Certainly feel it on right footers. TBD in variable snow.

Ran 1.5mi at a solid 14min pace the other day ....

If you are going to the Jaw, definitely get their burger. I can't imagine how many millions have come off that flattop.

Nothing fancy, but a damn good burger.

Potato salad, cucumber salad, and sausages with a great german/belgian beer selection at prosit too.

Agreed on peppino's. Don't think you can eat more than 2 slices.

There is a funky little gift shop in an old train house on Main street that is worth a few minutes to look through. Shares bathrooms with Prosit.

The rest is right on.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    I'd add-
    Hacienda Real for Mexican.
    The Himalayan restaurant in the same plaza has cheap, delicious food. the service leaves something to be desired, so don't be in a rush.
    Kemosabe has quite decent sushi (it's not as good as Mountain Flying Fish in Breck tho).
    Pure Kitchen (over by Whole Foods) is a delicious, seasonal farm to table, with lots of organic and sustainable sourced ingredients, little spendy.

10 Mile Music Hall has some good acts coming through this winter. Bring ear plugs, 'cause it's loud! (or I'm just old).

And YES, if you like IPAs......it doesn't get any better than Outer Range.
    I'm always amazed how generic but tasty Hacienda Real is. It's not like they do anything crazy but it's always good.

Good info, got tix for snowdown this year with moe. and they are playing this hall. Never been.

So, is any of the touring on the front range any good yet?

I do know where I'm stopping for food now if I go that way.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    So, is any of the touring on the front range any good yet?
    There was some good 7-10 days ago. Wind and sun seems to have taken care of that. If we get a couple inches Monday some of the typical early season spots might be worth skiing.

There was some good 7-10 days ago. Wind and sun seems to have taken care of that. If we get a couple inches Monday some of the typical early season spots might be worth skiing.
    Fruita/GJ with the bike it is then.
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    Good info, got tix for snowdown this year with moe. and they are playing this hall. Never been.
    I'll be at the Sunday show!
    Old's Cool.

My bases are patched after Tuesday ... if we get 6", they'll come out again. Otherwise, I think I'll move my binders onto some rock skis for November. Last I recall, that's why I still have those skis ;-)

... Thom
    Last edited by galibier_numero_un; 11-07-2019 at 08:15 PM.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Potato salad, cucumber salad, and sausages with a great german/belgian beer selection at prosit too.

There is a funky little gift shop in an old train house on Main street that is worth a few minutes to look through. Shares bathrooms with Prosit.
    Damn, Prosit was the one I forgot. Get some Le Chouffe and a brat.

As far as weather and conditions, snow sucks everywhere. Winter has been called off. Omega high pressure for many months, might snow in March if we are lucky. I hear Ikon and Epic are considering refunding everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Good enough to tour soon. Certainly feel it on right footers. TBD in variable snow.

Ran 1.5mi at a solid 14min pace the other day ....
    Just don't push it too hard so we can get out in December!

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'll be at the Sunday show!
    I'll be a Friday and Saturday. Then heading out to Alta. Tough week for sure.