Page 1172 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... LastLast
Results 29,276 to 29,300 of 41147
    I drove back from Denver today, left around 1pm and the winds were insane. Some of those gusts felt like they were going to blow me off the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hoping for day 1 tomorrow at eldora with the family. Wind scoured with a side of wind, I'm guessing?
    That sounds like torture.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hoping for day 1 tomorrow at eldora with the family. Wind scoured with a side of wind, I'm guessing?
    Delayed opening and possibly shut down all day today. Wind damage assessment/remediation.

Update: lifts not turning due to electrical damage until further notice. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Well phooey
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

We flew in to dia yesterday and I was expecting the landing to be super turbulent but it was totally smooth.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Wolf Creek was fun with Saturday riding really well. Alberta on Friday was one of the scariest lift rides I've been on, I saw two trees fall while riding and came across numerous more that had recently fallen in those areas. I am not familiar with where wolf creek measures their snow, but felt pretty deep off the top of Alberta all day Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by CLsurf View Post
    Wolf Creek was fun with Saturday riding really well.
    Indeed it was. Based on the forecasts for Friday night (1' - 2'), I was hoping to see a little more snow, but it was still damn fine skiing......skied untracked snow all day. The numbered tree chutes to skier's right of Alberta Chair were getting deeper on every run.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    Delayed opening and possibly shut down all day today. Wind damage assessment/remediation.

Update: lifts not turning due to electrical damage until further notice. Yikes.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    They opened the baby lifts, but the main lifts are all closed for the day. Bummer, was hoping to get my first day.

another hot day in the mountains
    I can barely remember what happened yesterday so remembering season to season is a bitch
    but this is kinda weird snow, cold, then warm.....
    granted there is four more months of winter to come

and the morons in breck decidded to move ullr fest to december, I like that one, pray for snow and january is usually one of the driest months
    maybe that'll be different this year

You’re a strange person, fastfred

Ok, not weather related but this thread always drifts anyway and my question doesn't need to be a new thread...

WTF is Epicmix? Vail spent a ton of money putting it in at Crested Butte, but what the hell is it?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Ok, not weather related but this thread always drifts anyway and my question doesn't need to be a new thread...

WTF is Epicmix? Vail spent a ton of money putting it in at Crested Butte, but what the hell is it?
    It basically boils down to tracking you around the various Epic mountains. Then they hammer you with points and badges and all kinds of useless crap.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    It basically boils down to tracking you around the various Epic mountains. Then they hammer you with points and badges and all kinds of useless crap.
    The iOS app was written for iphone 2 and hasn't been updated, its a pretty embarrassing piece of technology actually.

Lol vail probably screwed the app developer just like they screw all their partners

Then they hammer you with points and badges and all kinds of useless crap.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using TGR Forums mobile app

The highlight of my ski career was getting the Deja Vu pin after lapping the River Run gondy 5 times. Don’t know WTF your problem is.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I think it's only useful for the handful of 60 year old guys who somewhat hack the system to get over 1 million vert in a season on their app.

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I think it's only useful for the handful of 60 year old guys who somewhat hack the system to get over 1 million vert in a season on their app.
    And then have it auto post to their Facebook page.
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

I'm going to guess that getting a badge doesn't get you a free beer or something, either. Vail being Vail and all.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    I'm going to guess that getting a badge doesn't get you a free beer or something, either. Vail being Vail and all.
    Well now that they have a two beer limit at CB on-slope bars, I’m guessing you’re right.

Vail = 4 letter word;
    Free = Vail's 4 letter word.

Looks like this storm is pounding Winter Park. 6" already.

It was dumping up there today

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    The iOS app was written for iphone 2 and hasn't been updated, its a pretty embarrassing piece of technology actually.
    Most all of the OG people who were involved with developing Epic Mix are gone now, but it was mostly just all contractors to begin with. They quickly realized Epic Mix Photos was a wasted strategy as well as Epic Mix Racing.

The truth is, once Alterra goes public and becomes a direct stock market competitor with Vail Resorts (MTN), expect the guns to get unleashed. The only way to continually boost profits for shareholders will be to create more elitism, special perks for the highly wealthy, and products that have INSANE ROI that target the ultra rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    Most all of the OG people who were involved with developing Epic Mix are gone now, but it was mostly just all contractors to begin with. They quickly realized Epic Mix Photos was a wasted strategy as well as Epic Mix Racing.

The truth is, once Alterra goes public and becomes a direct stock market competitor with Vail Resorts (MTN), expect the guns to get unleashed. The only way to continually boost profits for shareholders will be to create more elitism, special perks for the highly wealthy, and products that have INSANE ROI that target the ultra rich.
    Makes sense re: both the app and the future, though I hope that an app wouldn't dictate anyone's skiing choices ?!

Seeing CAIC post about the fatality today near Cameron Pass. Condolences.