Page 1434 of 1434 FirstFirst ... 1429 1430 1431 1432 1433 1434
Results 35,826 to 35,840 of 35840
  1. #35826
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,660
    Peak 7 into whales tail opened up in Breck today. Great creamy snow off the cornice then a bit variable down lower. Super chill today though, stood on top of peak 8 alone which I didn't think I'd ever see again these days haha

  2. #35827
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    Thanks! Looking for stuff in the Backland Carbon / Scarpa F1 LT realm and found CC to have the most options in that range thus far.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I was just down at bent gate trying on/ fitting this class of boot. Iíve had good experiences working with those guys a couple times now . No shop like that up here in Fort Collins. Tried F1, skorpius, backland and tlt. Their current stock is somewhat limited size wise, but you can check online and see if yours are in. Make an appointment online for fitting as well.

    I ended up in the skorpius. Iím stoked to get out on it.

  3. #35828
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    3,138
    didn't know skimo was taking off so what size cod piece do you guys prefer to use when you are wearing your singlet?

  4. #35829
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,664
    The Ski Area that shall not be named has a new live pano cam at the base that actually shows the lift line at Pali and the parking lot. Kind of a nice way to tell how busy it is before you head up or check weather conditions. Or just watch people throwing the ball for their dogs. Whatever you are into.

    https://www.arapahoebasin.com/the-mountain/webcams/

  5. #35830
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    337
    Pretty nice day in the northern front range. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5722.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	673.4 KB 
ID:	402409


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  6. #35831
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,316

    Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

    Holy shit!

    Thought maybe do a weekend in Steamboat like we do most years. Think again. NO lodging in Steamboat on any of the weekends that I checked for less than $500/night once you pile on the taxes, cleaning fees, service charges, etc!! Fuck that.

    Everyone is a millionaire now apparently.

    LOL.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

  7. #35832
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    16,361
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit!

    Thought maybe do a weekend in Steamboat like we do most years. Think again. NO lodging in Steamboat on any of the weekends that I checked for less than $500/night once you pile on the taxes, cleaning fees, service charges, etc!! Fuck that.

    Everyone is a millionaire now apparently.

    LOL.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well Jax lets you vanlife for 2 hundo.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  8. #35833
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,664
    Yeah, we got a late invite to Winter Wondergrass, look for a condo or hotel to rent, no luck. $3k for 3 nights. Fuck that shit, I don't even like that music.

  9. #35834
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    2,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, we got a late invite to Winter Wondergrass, look for a condo or hotel to rent, no luck. $3k for 3 nights. Fuck that shit, I don't even like that music.
    Way cheaper to stay at home and pour one out while listening to WSP bootlegs.

  10. #35835
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,664
    Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Way cheaper to stay at home and pour one out while listening to WSP bootlegs.
    That'll never happen in my house. It'd be more like bourbon and Slayer.

    I go along with the jam band and bluegrass thing sometimes because if I didn't I'd have no friends but that music generally makes me wanna stomp on a banjo. Probably the biggest thing I miss about living in a city is the music scene that doesn't revolve around jam/grass.

    As far as the weather, yesterday was pretty damn nice sliding in the woods with the dog. Maybe I'll write a banjo song about it. Fuck!

  11. #35836
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Holy shit!

    Thought maybe do a weekend in Steamboat like we do most years. Think again. NO lodging in Steamboat on any of the weekends that I checked for less than $500/night once you pile on the taxes, cleaning fees, service charges, etc!! Fuck that.

    Everyone is a millionaire now apparently.

    LOL.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I had planned on some weekends in SS and had the same reaction. Fucking fuck that.

  12. #35837
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Not Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,785
    Some real nice snow in the park yesterday. Snowpack is getting pretty solid too.

  13. #35838
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,902
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Some real nice snow in the park yesterday. Snowpack is getting pretty solid too.
    Solid


  14. #35839
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    2,182
    All the weekend events plus Ikon killed the affordability of SS on weekends if you're not piling 6 or more to a hotel room. That and they converted not one but 2 of the affordable hotels to 'workforce housing'. If only Rabbit Ears motel was bigger, still the best deal going. Kremtucky Motel 6 is cheeeeep tho, comes with free bedbugs.

    There's a huuuge mound of snow taking up sprinter parking at my place unfortunately.

    I've got a guest bedroom for one if you don't mind being in my gear room and a dog that can't control his licker. 4wd and decent snows absolutely required for the driveway.

  15. #35840
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    5,316
    Quote Originally Posted by Jax View Post
    All the weekend events plus Ikon killed the affordability of SS on weekends if you're not piling 6 or more to a hotel room. That and they converted not one but 2 of the affordable hotels to 'workforce housing'. If only Rabbit Ears motel was bigger, still the best deal going. Kremtucky Motel 6 is cheeeeep tho, comes with free bedbugs.

    There's a huuuge mound of snow taking up sprinter parking at my place unfortunately.

    I've got a guest bedroom for one if you don't mind being in my gear room and a dog that can't control his licker. 4wd and decent snows absolutely required for the driveway.
    I just read bout the STR new license moratorium and add it to that ^^ about the two hotels and makes some sense. Hundreds of beds off the market.




    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •