Page 1217 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 ... LastLast
Results 30,401 to 30,425 of 41274
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    5 minutes away the trail system is a zoo.

Not at 7am. We all need to adjust to the new norm.

If you really want to help in CO, sign up to volunteer or donate here

https://covrn.com

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

I think this is well said. Agree to disagree, put the argument of retreating to a safer place, is part of the problem, IMO. Those in China>NYC, those in Lakewood>Fraser, those is Fraser>Walden...do you see the problem. This shit is bigger than any of us. Support your local community.

Oh...not matter where you live, have a big of style and compassion. Don't be a smug fuck and keep your fun of the social medias. Some people are redefining insensitive with their braggadocio.

https://www.skyhinews.com/news/lette...ins-right-now/

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Not at 7am. We all need to adjust to the new norm.
    Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier? Because that's pretty rich if so.

Or are you saying everyone needs to adjust and go earlier/later? Because then you'll just have a longer crowded day, it's not going to suddenly empty the lot mid-day.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

Snowing again. Enjoy responsibly if you get out.

Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier?.
    Yes, I am. Embrace it, it really is the best time of the day!

I was exiled to Illinois for 25 years. I had to find a way to cope. I found a place that backed up to the first rail trail in America. One of the busiest trails in Illinois.

90% of the people go 10% of the time.
    Go early, go late, go at night or go when it’s shitty.
    It’s not really that hard to avoid people.

5” at 5pm and snowing an 1”/hour in the Elks.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	323384

Are you telling me that I need to get up and go earlier?
    Yes, I am. Embrace it, it really is the best time of the day!
    Several of my ski days with Bean have involved skiing bulletproof spring snow many hours before it softened because he had us start so fucking early. 7am? Get the fuck out, Bean has already gone for a 10 mile skin, cooked a full breakfast, boned your mom, and had a nap by the time 7am rolls around. He's the last guy on TGR you should be telling to start earlier.

PS the open space parks on the Front Range are plenty busy at 7am, now and always.

You gotta read between the lines. Shredhead lives slopeside in Aspen. SkiCo is still allowing uphilling, but not for you...so actually it doesn't matter what time you get up...wait I'm confussed...its almost like it ain't friendly advice but more like self righteous rubbing it in your face without actually telling you that. But I thought that whole valley was sold down the river to the unwashed IKON masses?

We just couldn’t let all that good snow go to waste! Seriously, skiing and riding is our passion, this is North America’s first and best ski town, and uphilling is important to so many of us who live and work here. These days, it keeps us all healthy — and sane — more than ever. This is a time of profound disconnection. Helping people stay connected to the mountains, to the snow, and to their physical, athletic selves is something I view as a moral obligation to the community. We believe in living fully and in honoring the place where we live. As long as it can be done safely and users heed the warning to be extra cautious remembering that the slopes are closed and there are no ski patrol on duty, and of course with the support of health care experts, we will continue to allow uphilling on our slopes. Independence Pass is already seeing more hiker/biker/snowmobiler traffic than I’ve ever witnessed. Imagine how busy it would be if people did not have the option to uphill. So, the more options for getting outside here, the better. As long as people stay safe and give each other space, and residents of other communities heed the governor’s urging to not travel here (and to other mountain communities) to recreate it’s a great thing to have available.
    Kent Venturi Stroke Saver: sometimes when you got a good thing going, it's best to keep it to yourself. It's hard, I mean how would everybody know how good you got it if you don't tell them, but if you tell them them maybe you won't have it for long. I mean whats to stop the entire front range from uphilling Aspen now that they know about it...it's essential right?

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post

PS the open space parks on the Front Range are plenty busy at 7am, now and always.

Show me a picture tomorrow?

It’s not that hard to avoid people.

Why would I drive to a Jeffco trailhead at 7am tomorrow just to show you a picture? You can look at webcams just like I can. I live in Denver and being married to a healthcare worker that actually cares about this shit, I'm following the advice of medical professionals and staying near my fucking house.

If you can get out a recreate on your local trails at 7am or 10am or whatever time and not see people, good for you. Please do it. Fresh air and exercise is a good thing. I have no doubt that everything in Aspen is deserted at 7am. It ain't that busy even when it's busy. Denver's not Aspen.

Bullshit. By all indications, every spot of grass in the front range has people out of their minds walking in circles almost 24/7. You live in a bubble as do I. About 4.5million people live in the front range. They are being asked not to travel in order to recreate. Do the math. Oh, you do also know that some people still have these things called jobs and kids so they spend many hours of the day either chained to the desk slaving for Lumberg or childcare.

We get what you got. Good for you. Practice your social distancing, hope your circle of friends doesn't get it and feel a bit of compassion for those who's situation ain't quite so comfy.

kids are having parties everywhere
    out of state license plates are everywhere
    2nd homes are occupied
    we are organizing tonight torches and pitchforks rooting out all the people who don't belong
    get out of my town bitches

on a happy note i 70 is awesome going 85 is effortless
    thanks for staying home
    passed 13 semis and 3 cars today between copper and east vail
    drove down the middle of the road for the fuck of it and even let my dog drive for a mile

https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobi..._Report_en.pdf

What we already knew, but mountain business is in the toilet. But we're staying home a bit.

I’m going to say this again and again: This is not a vacation; it’s a pandemic. Stay home unless absolutely necessary. There are still an alarming number of people traveling to our mountain and rural communities, putting themselves and others at risk. Whether you’re a second homeowner or weekend warrior, please stay home.
    It's not about you. Self-entitled twats gonna justify whatever is is that they wanna do, but don't expect to be welcomed. By all accounts, we are doing better than most with out social distancing and staying at home up hear in Grand County. If word on the street from yesterday afternoon is any indication, there is a bit of friction.

Don't hotspot my vector. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    . If word on the street from yesterday afternoon is any indication, there is a bit of friction.

there has always been friction and hostility towards gapers and front rangers
    now the "locals" have created a reason to justify all that anger and they are lashing out
    don't bite the hand that feeds you
    never mind too late

Freddy, you know me. I'm an equal opportunity hater. There are assholes from everywhere. I hate the term local, I don't even know what it means. Right now, style and class mater more than ever. It is not what you do, it is how you do it. This letter to the paper sums it up pretty well.

Dear second homeowners and vacation renters, shelter in place literally means shelter in place. It does not mean shelter in place here and then shelter in place there. The way we slow down COVID is to minimize clusters of the virus. Right now, as far as we know, Grand County is not a cluster, but every time you drive over Berthoud Pass or to Summit County that becomes less likely. Being on the Front Range during the week and coming to your second home on the weekend is unnecessary travel.

I understand that you have worked hard to have your second home and you love the valley. I can hardly blame you for wanting to seek asylum in a cabin in the mountains. That’s why we all live here.

One thing to consider is that while our town has grown considerably over the 28 years that I have lived here, the health care system has not expanded proportionally. While the health care system is incredible and we are very fortunate, it is akin to how our restaurants have extended wait times and the workers are run ragged to accommodate the influx of people over busy holidays and weekends. We are stretched to capacity just by you being here.

I do not have the mindset that I was here first and so I should close the door behind me. I welcome you. My family owns an asphalt maintenance business and is incredibly grateful for the growth of the valley. Some locals are very unwelcoming and for that I am sorry. They can move elsewhere and don’t have the right to tell you you are unable to be a part of our community. Some tourists are disrespectful and rude, and so both sides are to blame on the animosity. You have boosted our economy and given many of us jobs, so thank you. However, during this time, please consider our delicate community and the importance of keeping us isolated. We will welcome you with open arms when this settles and be able to continue to provide excellent health care and services.

To the people renting Airbnbs or VRBOs and coming here on weekends to vacation: please leave. Your reckless skiing/snowmobiling is the opposite of considerate to our health care system. Your strain on our grocery stores further weakens our community.

I am an ER nurse up here and am isolating myself from my family after work because I don’t want to expose them. You can be okay with not skiing and snowmobiling for a few weeks. And your simply being here on “vacation” is the opposite of what Gov. Polis ordered! If you own a vacation rental, please take it off the market for now. Thank you.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

60s-70s in Denver for the week. Most have moved on in my estimation. The local Golden/Boulder/Morrison trails are going to get hammered.

Cool COLORADO WEATHER DISCUSSION THREAD

There is always bad weather

Freddy, you know me. I'm an equal opportunity hater. There are assholes from everywhere. I hate the term local, I don't even know what it means. Right now, style and class mater more than ever. It is not what you do, it is how you do it. This letter to the paper sums it up pretty well.
    Not sure why, but when people up here in summit use the term "long time local" I just cringe. Mostly because there's plenty of people up here who grew up here who have been here a long time but don't even take advantage of what it has to offer and are just like any other simpleton from anywhere, USA. All the raddest people I know up here are from the east coast pretty much.

^^^I'm not even sure what all that means I know one thing, I'd rather be a simpleton where anywhere than rad and from the east coast.

Speaking of style and class, driving up from the city and taking all you brand new backcountry shit outta the truck and putting your skins on the driveway....yeah that just happened down the street from me. Nice enough people but a little to cool for school with there I got a place in the mountains so like...I'm local...right?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    there has always been friction and hostility towards gapers and front rangers
    now the "locals" have created a reason to justify all that anger and they are lashing out
    don't bite the hand that feeds you
    never mind too late
    Peeps will remember.

just trying to get a rise out of people and you buddy, you lay on the hate more than anyone and I'm always happy when you do cause it's the gold standard
    but yeah the number of shiny clean luxury suv's driving in summit today, well you know the people inside all clean and styled out they ain't from here

might be a good sell off of BC gear come fall when people realize it's not as fun as riding a chair lift

oh yeah almost forgot i'm local as fuck I remember when (*insert bullshit story) and I'm from one of the most liberal places on the east coast I must be winning

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    60s-70s in Denver for the week. Most have moved on in my estimation. The local Golden/Boulder/Morrison trails are going to get hammered.
    One good thing is this nice weather is allowing more trail systems to open up, which should help spread out the crowds. Another couple weeks of warm weather and even more will open up.

Trails haven't been that bad at all during the week, and even later in the afternoon on the weekend. Of course, I don't bother with places like Marshal Mesa or North Table, I'm sure those are beyond slammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Peeps will remember.
    Yeah, people are going to stop going to the mountains in the future. The new attraction will be Limon where the people are friendly, the landscape is flat and unthreatening, and you can get a 2br 2ba condo for $150K! Oh and don't forget the national prairie dog preserve, or the tumbleweed hall of fame! Winters will be beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, people are going to stop going to the mountains in the future. The new attraction will be Limon where the people are friendly, the landscape is flat and unthreatening, and you can get a 2br 2ba condo for $150K! Oh and don't forget the national prairie dog preserve, or the tumbleweed hall of fame! Winters will be beautiful!
    Heh