Page 973 of 974 FirstFirst ... 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 LastLast
Results 24,301 to 24,325 of 24337

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Conditions were pretty damn good. Creamy wind whipped snow created great coverage. No hint of a base or ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    No hint of a base or ground.
    Now that's what skiing is supposed to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Is anyone skiing Arapahoe Basin tomorrow?
    I'll be there handing out cupcakes
    smile when you are going down, it looks more graceful
    dobish.blogspot.com Dynafit & O1 Adapter/2nd Ski Kit Sandwich Blog

Glad EC AND Summit got some. Our skiing is getting better storm by storm but we still need another 20Ē

Quote Originally Posted by grskier View Post
    Glad EC AND Summit got some. Our skiing is getting better storm by storm but we still need another 20”
    Did Aspen really get skunked on this one? Damn, keep hoping for a big day there to use my MC

Jane Update:

I usually say, "you should have been there yesterday" but everyone was there yesterday. I got there about 2pm and even the Corona Lot was full. As usual, thankfully, no lift lines to speak of. After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.

The trees are skiable/almost ready depending on your terrain awareness and abilty to "keep your tips up". The settled snow depth varies from about 40" to 0". Those bitching about no Bird Fart need to catch a clue. The whole deal with that terrain this the evac egress. Patrol has to take sleds down the Eagle Wind to the snowmobile pick up (there is always one there), next is a ski doo ride out to Vasquez then the the base via Whistledick/Village Way/Turnpike whatever it's called these days. This has everything to do with opening this lift. It is a lot of work and requires...snow...to build the road. There is no snowcat access.

Have fun. I think the skiing is pretty good and at least it looks like winter.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Did Aspen really get skunked on this one? Damn, keep hoping for a big day there to use my MC
    We didnít get skunked, but we didnít get those types of totals

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Jane Update:

I usually say, "you should have been there yesterday" but everyone was there yesterday. I got there about 2pm and even the Corona Lot was full. As usual, thankfully, no lift lines to speak of. After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.

The trees are skiable/almost ready depending on your terrain awareness and abilty to "keep your tips up". The settled snow depth varies from about 40" to 0". Those bitching about no Bird Fart need to catch a clue. The whole deal with that terrain this the evac egress. Patrol has to take sleds down the Eagle Wind to the snowmobile pick up (there is always one there), next is a ski doo ride out to Vasquez then the the base via Whistledick/Village Way/Turnpike whatever it's called these days. This has everything to do with opening this lift. It is a lot of work and requires...snow...to build the road. There is no snowcat access.

Have fun. I think the skiing is pretty good and at least it looks like winter.
    very nice. I was out on Thurs for those 6"s and the lift line system was the older style so it was indeed 1/12. funny.

I thought the same about the trees. Still about 20" off that magic reported base depth number but enough to get in there. Skiing was pretty good.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

After 25yr., somebody figured out that people can't count or alternate. Mark this date in history, "1/12/18 The Super Gay moved away from the "just fucking go" to the "front row!" lift line system. It was perhaps slightly less retarded.
    A historic day indeed...I have to wonder if this change is just a holiday weekend thing or a permanent change....same story with the Bird Fart bitching every single year, yet people never seem to catch on or forget when they are told the reason time and again. Welcome back Winter!!!!

Aspen Mtís skiing well. A bunch of DD runs opened and are getting skied in, but there are still some sharks.
    Highlands and Snowmass still have a ways to go.
    Not many lift lines, none if you know what your doing.

The Jane was doing that front row stuff on the super gauge last year at times.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Did the Basin open Zuma Cornice?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Not the cornice

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Not unless it opened late afternoon. We happened to catch the rope drop after coming up Norway. It was really only Columbine and part of Larkspur. Couple of nice deep spots but nothing special. It did help spread the crowd though. They were blasting off the cornice all afternoon...itís getting close.
    Last edited by ffmedic84; 01-13-2018 at 06:31 PM.

The Beavers at ABasin skied very well today. The hike out seems to be an effective crowd deterrent and the traverse isn't a total death track yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanwillie View Post
    The Beavers at ABasin skied very well today. The hike out seems to be an effective crowd deterrent and the traverse isn't a total death track yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Is the whole Beavers area now open, other than the Steep Gullies?

The Super Gay
    Bird Fart
    Whistledick
    You forgot Wanker Park.
    I like the official names, but a vulgar version works too.

Is the whole Beavers area now open, other than the Steep Gullies?
    Not yet. Limited terrain

If you want rope drops and eagle wind, today is the day. The marketing push is real. The not ready to open stuff will open...I'm told.

If you want rope drops and eagle wind, today is the day. The marketing push is real. The not ready to open stuff will open...I'm told.
    ^^^ sig worthy ^^^
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

anyone been up to check out cadillac since the last storm? wondering how the new snow is binding to the bed surface after it slid around new years... or if there is any snow on it after the N winds....

Quote Originally Posted by PowHound84 View Post
    anyone been up to check out cadillac since the last storm? wondering how the new snow is binding to the bed surface after it slid around new years... or if there is any snow on it after the N winds....
    I was up there Sunday. Some snow, maybe skiable, but not great. We decided to ski back down the S side.

I was up there Sunday. Some snow, maybe skiable, but not great. We decided to ski back down the S side.
    Thanks for the beta. How did the S side ski?