Page 1183 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 1185 1186 1187 1188 ... LastLast
Results 29,551 to 29,575 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post

Later on we'll do it again at the MJ parking lot, and fastfred can bring over his latest lady friend.
    Doubtful she'd never ski eldora and I'm pretty sure she'll be in Silverton or maybe Japan that weekend

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Eldora it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think it's time to let the ridiculing commence. I think we may have critical mass for an Eldora mini-summit. I've discussed this in some fashion with quite a few mags now, so we should try and find a date before the season gets away from us.

Hawkgt, Jong Laffite, beece, cdubski, the no-longer-posting hatchgreenchile, are all people I've directly or indirectly talked to, who else?
    I’ll be at the basin Sunday. Not sure about mlk weekend yet...

I'll be at Eldora on the 19th so that works for me, but we can also pick a date further in the future if that gets better attendance.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sun is trying to come out but its gonna snow for days. Stacking up bigly.

In the mean time you Dads should hire some quality baby sitters and leave the front range.

back in country, in for mini and 19th at eldora. will be up tomorrow with non mag. brats n beers in lot, pm me if around

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Sun is trying to come out but its gonna snow for days. Stacking up bigly.

In the mean time you Dads should hire some quality baby sitters and leave the front range.
    All depends on how you approach it. We almost never dumped the kids off on others, sucked up the short term pain instead, and it wasn't too long before the little fuckers were less little (still fuckers) and could hold their own. Gravity is awesome. Just spent 5 days chasing our two around Jackson Hole, following their lines and spotting their landings, thankful that they were kind enough to wait for us.

In other words the dads here will get out of the front range soon enough with rippers in tow, and in the meantime I'm happy to take some Eldorka turns to have a beer with some mags. It's all good on snow.

That said, you are damn right about the snow. Last couple weeks were outstanding and I'm looking forward to the next month for sure. Do your CB snow dance though - need those t-bars to open down there.

Hanging Valley in Snowmass was really deep today, with hardly anyone out.
    No line at the Cirque Poma. Snow was cold and the flats were a slog.

Is there a tailgate are at eldora?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hey, buddy, thanks for dumping that beer all over me in the ABASIN shitter.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

whats this guys deal?
    is he bunk mates with the clothing company guy who crashes planes and rides snowmobiles i forget his name
    he can't be a mag because his love for shredding the knar nar at keystone is way over the top and everyone knows keystone sucks donkey balls
    almost think him and rob katz are giving each other hand jobs because they are boosting the rep of keystone and this guys u tube hits
    wasn't keystone the last resort in scummit to allow snow boarding, I'm pretty sure you couldn't board there when I was a kid, this punk doesn't know how lucky he is boarding might just get banned again at the stone because of him

I obviously went wrong in life, I should have decided to become a social media star

People who do side hits on busy family learning trails/crowded traverses like they're in the park are my least favorite people on the mountain. Regardless of who was in the wrong, I'm sure he's grateful for this opportunity to hone his youtube whining (clearly a personal strength), and all the attention it got (which is way too much).

I just thank the lord I don’t have to ski a VR Resort.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    People who do side hits on busy family learning trails/crowded traverses like they're in the park are my least favorite people on the mountain.
    I LOVED doing those side hits... when I was 9.

I called the COO a nazi once... that got my pass pulled for the day. Wonder what this guy gets for putting up a 25 minutes youtube complaint about getting into it with yellow jackets on a green? Who the fuck has time to watch that drivel? Who the fuck head cams side jibbing the beginner green run?

A supreme JONG, that's who.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Couldn’t even watch all that. How about everyone involved there sucks. Sounds good.

Basin actually felt kinda busy today. I mean there wasn’t really a line at Pali or beavers but still.

Took a bad one off the side of the traverse to international today. there is a nasty dip in there right now that you couldn’t see in the flat light today. Skied it yesterday just fine.

He gets all butthurt like he is going slow, but he fell straight on his ass after doing a tiny 360 and then almost took out another gaper.

Dude is a major geek too. Just look at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    I LOVED doing those side hits... when I was 9.
    I almost qualified that I'm not hating on the kids, just dingus behavior like this. You summarized it nicely.

Can anyone in CB give a conditions report on how close they are to opening the T-bars and associated terrain? Hoping to make it down there a few times next month.

I have exactly the same question as Name Redacted, though with a slightly more immediate interest. I'm in CB area through the week, mostly working but keen to catch the steeps if they open. Do they typically say anything in advance, or do I just keep obsessively checking the lift status page?

Seems pretty snowy around here, but I haven't a clue whether that terrain is nearly ready, or far from it.

Thanks!

Question for the Breck skiers: is F Lot a good place to park during the week? Does it fill up early? Just based on Google Maps it seems like a convenient location but I've always just used the gondola lots in the past.

I just park at fastfred's house. Bonus to smoke a bowl before hitting the park yo.

F lot is a good place anywhere on that side of town is a good place and it does fill up quick, beaver run has a pay skier lot too
    smart people avoid the gondola peak 7 and 8 base areas
    starting over by peak 9 is relaxing and enjoyable
    breck is best used when you don't ever go to the base areas unless your tired and need a break and like people
    parking costs $45 at my house so no

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    breck is best used when you don't ever go to the base areas unless your tired and need a break and like people
    Thanks. Yes, this is something I'm aware of...

January thaw in full effect in Denver.