Page 918 of 1650 FirstFirst ... 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 ... LastLast
Results 22,926 to 22,950 of 41250
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Raining again! The NWS having the reporting station at DIA is bullshit. How can a station practically in Kansas accurately keep records of Colorado weather? They say CO is almost 3" below normal precip...I bet the old Stapleton location has had about normal precip. And I know the west suburbs and foothills have had more than average.
    I'm not really sure what your point is, but NWS has 57 official reporting stations in Colorado, plus all the SNOTEL stations and other automated weather stations. Pretty sure they don't just base "records of Colorado weather" off one station at DIA.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Where are you in Golden? Town or up the canyon?
    It's been cold/grey here all day.
    Golden Gate Canyon. Was sunny earlier then low cloud and now raining on and off and just thundering again. Bucket left out overnight had about 1.25" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm not really sure what your point is, but NWS has 57 official reporting stations in Colorado, plus all the SNOTEL stations and other automated weather stations. Pretty sure they don't just base "records of Colorado weather" off one station at DIA.
    The 'official' weather station is DIA, so the weather radio and the clowns trying to report weather on the TV stations all use those data. So officially we're 2.7 something inches below normal precip.

And we have mushrooms growing in the yard.

Not that big a deal, but all the climate change whining is annoying when actual, real info is available for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    The 'official' weather station is DIA....
    'Official' to whom and in what sense?

No serious environmental scientist would ever use a single spot to give an "official" account of climate in a state. Even government turons aren't that stupid. All of the NWS stations are "official". DIA is officially 2.7" below precip and that is accurate. Anyone who says that means the state is, is a media idiot.

Guess what -- much of the metro hasn't gotten as much rain as Golden Gate canyon or even Golden.

Boulder is definitely below average for the summer. I don't have to look at any records to know that.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah definitely feel like a lot of Denver metro has had a pretty dry summer. July was super dry. Better now

My sprinklers were working OT, but now they've been off for 2 weeks, and lawn is fine.

The weather patterns are getting scary though.
    I hope we still have snow in the winter

Today was one of the cooler rides I've done at White Ranch in Golden... low clouds over the parking lot, but I climbed into them pretty quickly going up Belcher. Once I was up top, it was probably 50 degrees with a light mist, perfect trails, and I was riding into and out of the clouds for over an hour. With no one around... interesting weather always makes things more fun. Looks like more of the same next week!

Had similar weather at west mag.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Today was one of the cooler rides I've done at White Ranch in Golden... low clouds over the parking lot, but I climbed into them pretty quickly going up Belcher. Once I was up top, it was probably 50 degrees with a light mist, perfect trails, and I was riding into and out of the clouds for over an hour. With no one around... interesting weather always makes things more fun. Looks like more of the same next week!
    Sounds cool, you should carry a camera
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

How am I supposed to set PRs if I stop to enjoy things?

Dang! That sounds like a sweet ride!

How am I supposed to set PRs if I stop to enjoy things?

ha

if your a core rider then every ride is about PR's nothing else that's what riding a bike is all about!

taking photos having fun smiling thats all for losers

who wants to be that guy

Core riders document their life on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    ha

if your a core rider then every ride is about PR's nothing else that's what riding a bike is all about!

taking photos having fun smiling thats all for losers

who wants to be that guy
    What, pray tell, are "PR's"?

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    What, pray tell, are "PR's"?
    Someone has never been KOM

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Someone has never been KOM
    Never have I, nor shall I ever be... K of any M.

Been drier in Eagle Cty than our neighbors this summer, just like the winter was. Hopefully that changes by the time winter arrives. It's been a very hot summer up here. Drove over Monarch this morning and it had snowed.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Been drier in Eagle Cty than our neighbors this summer, just like the winter was. Hopefully that changes by the time winter arrives. It's been a very hot summer up here. Drove over Monarch this morning and it had snowed.
    Hasn't eagle county gotten some rain the past few weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Hasn't eagle county gotten some rain the past few weeks?
    We've gotten some for sure, just not a ton and has continued to be really hot. It's coming though....you can feel it!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Felt the chill hiking the Divide today...hands went numb!

Just found a sweet deal for the grand timber lodge in Breck. 399 bucks this Friday to next Friday.

I'm assuming Breck will be a zoo ? Any suggestions for less crowded hikes? I assume McCullough gulch will be packed

How challenging?

Some ideas: Crystal Lakes trail, Peak 10 from Breck ski area, Baldy Mtn from Boreas Pass, Mt Fletcher from Blue Lake south of Quandary (half is class 2), Mayflower Gulch to Gold Hill near Copper, Eccles Pass near Frisco, Wheeler Trail up to ridgeline between Peak 8/9 on the Ten Mile Range...

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

New trail map out for A-Basin Beavers area:

How many JONGS are going straight to Face Shot Gully

"Face Shot" is actually one of the original names of the run, the rest are all BS.