Page 1058 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 ... LastLast
Results 26,426 to 26,450 of 41262
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Fo real? I know a ton of kids that were raised on the "Hog" and are great skiers. We just can't agree on anything today Danno! Why don't you take your Uppity Boulder-tude up to Eldora?
    Of course there are plenty of kids who have learned there, that doesn't mean it's a good place to teach them relative to others nearby. Compared to the beginner terrain at other places, it sucks. Before I had a kid, I thought green terrain was green terrain, but that just isn't true, there is a lot of levels of difficulty within that. Add in the fact that the base of the Hogan Bowl is between the main lift and Pali, with skiers cruising by to get to Pali, and you have to stress out every time your kid gets near the bottom, they can't just run it out.

Compared to resorts like Winter Park, that have virtually flat terrain like Discovery Park and then gradations of steeper beginner terrain, with no faster intermediate or expert skiers around, and I stand by my statement. There are many better places on the front range to teach your kid to ski. Loveland, for ex, would be a much better option that's close by.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Of course there are plenty of kids who have learned there, that doesn't mean it's a good place to teach them relative to others nearby. Compared to the beginner terrain at other places, it sucks. Before I had a kid, I thought green terrain was green terrain, but that just isn't true, there is a lot of levels of difficulty within that. Add in the fact that the base of the Hogan Bowl is between the main lift and Pali, with skiers cruising by to get to Pali, and you have to stress out every time your kid gets near the bottom, they can't just run it out.

Compared to resorts like Winter Park, that have virtually flat terrain like Discovery Park and then gradations of steeper beginner terrain, with no faster intermediate or expert skiers around, and I stand by my statement. There are many better places on the front range to teach your kid to ski. Loveland, for ex, would be a much better option that's close by.
    Yup.

But, the proximity to Pali is great when you're swapping kid duty with someone.

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

No doubt!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'll watch your kid

Agree...Loveland and Copper, IMO, are the best for teaching a kid. Especially Copper.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    I'll watch your kid
    Not creepy at all

Yeah, keep them in the bubble.

Sorry, I'm not a parent, and I'm sure you guys are doing a great job. I'd probably agree if I were looking after a miniature human.

Wow that got a bigger response than I thought. That was about 90% tongue in cheek, apparently that didn’t come across....

Can’t blame those who don’t want to take kids to the WROD, it’s not that bad but certainly isn’t as much fun with kids as other options later in the year. I think I took mine there once or twice and was reminded why I don’t resort ski until much later in the year. Not even sure if they will have anything appropriate for kids that small as hogan won’t be open.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Not creepy at all
    I bet he'd have the kid swinging a hammer for his contracting biz
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Disaster averted, buddy of mine is going to meet up with us monday morning. Will get the little one out on her skis on some flat areas if they have snow in a quiet zone somewhere around the base. Otherwise we'll take turns taking runs and making snowmen or whatever. Orange Tacoma, curly-haired kid if any mags wanna say hi.

Looks like fun
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1207.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	733.1 KB 
ID:	251646

At least the line doesn't seem to be halfway up the mountain like it was last year...

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    At least the line doesn't seem to be halfway up the mountain like it was last year...
    Just wait

BTW I guess Vail and BC got a sneaky 3-6" last night. Kinda surprising as we didn't see anything in Summit afaik.

Learned to ski at Copper and Winter Park growing up, great place to do it. Not on my top list of places to ski anymore though.

Some cool pictures from the air today, Keystone and Breck

Name:	IMG_1391.JPG 
Views:	179 
Size:	209.3 KB 
ID:	251669

Name:	IMG_1392.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	251670

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Learned to ski at Copper and Winter Park growing up, great place to do it. Not on my top list of places to ski anymore though.

Nice! I can see my house in the first pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post

*copper

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    go upside down.

^^Thats Keystone

You’re both right. Photo 1 is Keystone. 2 is Copper with Breck on the edge of the right side of the frame.

Oops. Only saw photo 1 on my phone. Thought thats what he was calling copper. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    *copper

Copper and everything worth skiing at Breck (almost everything, twin chutes is just out of the pic).

Tips on best vail resort to take a strong beginner? thinking breck just because of the size, vail might be slightly too far from silverthorne. however will be around for about 10 days so will start to explore after she gets comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by pow_pow~ View Post
    Tips on best vail resort to take a strong beginner? thinking breck just because of the size, vail might be slightly too far from silverthorne. however will be around for about 10 days so will start to explore after she gets comfortable.
    Honestly, Beaver Creek is perfect for not only that, but for skiing some stuff for yourself and meeting right back up with her. I can't think of a more well rounded resort in that company for exactly what you seek. And there are solid mid day and apres options.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Honestly, Beaver Creek is perfect for not only that, but for skiing some stuff for yourself and meeting right back up with her. I can't think of a more well rounded resort in that company for exactly what you seek. And there are solid mid day and apres options.
    Cool thanks mate, I hadn't really considered it. We are staying in silverthorne and if I end up getting a car we will be sure to check it out, otherwise it might be a bit too far.

Question for the CO collective: If you had to ski at a resort in either Eagle or Summit County on a Saturday in January, which one would you pick? Is the cat skiing at Keystone any good? I guess another option is Winter Park. Is it significantly less crowded than the I-70 resorts?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Question for the CO collective: If you had to ski at a resort in either Eagle or Summit County on a Saturday in January, which one would you pick? Is the cat skiing at Keystone any good? I guess another option is Winter Park. Is it significantly less crowded than the I-70 resorts?
    Beaver Creek. or ABasin. or Loveland.

Winter Park is pretty crowded these days. Expect that to increase with IKON pass.