Page 960 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 ... LastLast
Results 23,976 to 24,000 of 41265
    Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    WP opened up Panoramic today and it was a shit show of nearly EpicTM proportions. Everyone was forced right under the lift, off windbuffed corduroy, into dense pow. I counted maybe 15+ total yardsales as folks on rental K2s blasted face first into the carnage. Made for a couple very enjoyable lift rides.

Took off around 11:15 as nearly every lift line filled to capacity. The groomers are decent at least. Not terribly excited to be heading back to the San Juan's where we actually have something to complain about. At least I got a couple days in while I was up here... and the ice park opened last weekend.

P.S. What is with everyone skinning up runs during the middle of the day? I totally understand that the backcountry around here isn't great either and you need a place to get your tour on... but why risk it while the lifts are running? I saw a couple near misses with out of control texans almost creaming skinners. On these crazy days around the holidays I imagine there are better places to get some exercise.
    I was with you on this one. I would say I was on the first eight chairs back when Pano opened, did we get some fresh tracks..yes but not for long. We went for one more lap and it was everything you mentioned and more. I was laughing so hard at the carnage which was everyone yard sailing. I honestly have never witnessed that many people in such a short distance who had become unglued at the inability of being able to ski even the slightest bit of powder. Overall, I had a good day at WP. Ski'd from 9-12:30, no traffic, decent skiing, and good laughs at others expense.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    This is SOP at every single resort I have ever skied at. They aren't throwing avalanche bombs and ski cutting at 4am, so the goods don't usually open before noon.

Christ, between you people getting all worked up over what amounted to a few scattered snow showers and the bitching about the need for control work to be performed during daylight hours, I cannot get the fuck out of this state soon enough. Happy days will be here again when I can leave and hopefully never come back except to drive through.
    Bye Felicia !

U mad bro ?!

Quote Originally Posted by goldengatestinx View Post
    Dumbasses spend millions on fighting EICs and a new lift and have it designed so it closes when there's a breeze. Not like they didn't know it was windy there.

Design firm and execs should be slapped repeatedly in public.
    Yeah there was 100 mile an hour gusts up there today.

That is more than just a typical windy day at Eldora. I think almost every mountain would close with 100 mph winds

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    I was with you on this one. I would say I was on the first eight chairs back when Pano opened, did we get some fresh tracks..yes but not for long. We went for one more lap and it was everything you mentioned and more. I was laughing so hard at the carnage which was everyone yard sailing. I honestly have never witnessed that many people in such a short distance who had become unglued at the inability of being able to ski even the slightest bit of powder. Overall, I had a good day at WP. Ski'd from 9-12:30, no traffic, decent skiing, and good laughs at others expense.
    Where did you drive from is the real question. Thats a pretty small amount of time on the hill. Seems like a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindahl View Post
    Where did you drive from is the real question. Thats a pretty small amount of time on the hill. Seems like a waste.
    So, this is what the GF and I do about 2-3 times a week right now, mostly weekdays as we both have extremely flexible work schedules. Leave Denver at 5, get to Berthoud at 6:15ish, do about 2x laps usually around Current Creek, go to Winter..ski from 9:30 to 12:30ish then head back down which takes an 1:15 again. It's quick, easy, usually no traffic going there or coming back. Pack lunches, no real breaks in touring or skiing besides grabbing a quick bite while in the car.

Crazy wind and power outage in Dillon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    T-bar at Breck opened today. I'm stuck in the office, so I guess all the Texans will get first dibs on coreshots....
    The last few years they open it at the busiest times, always BS. I remember in the 11/12 season it just opened for the first time that season on a storm day around noon and only me with maybe 10-20 other locals were skiing it for the rest of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Crazy wind and power outage in Dillon.

I had a few shingles ripped off of my roof this afternoon in Breck.
    Old's Cool.

20F warmer in Dillon than Denver.

visiting the front range and will be freeriding the BP tomorrow, be great to meet up with some local mags

Snow is still staying good since it's been so windy. No slush, but the crowds have beat Vail to shit on most runs. Down to the grass/dirt again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Suncloud View Post
    freeriding the BP
    What the fuck did you just say?

Quote Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
    What the fuck did you just say?
    Are we talking butt plugs here or Berthoud Pass? If you’re talking Berthoud I might be over that way. Debating on if I want to drive down or maybe head over to Vail Pass.

yes the Pass not the Plug. BP - that's what the website called the Berthoud Pass.

yes the Pass not the Plug. BP - that's what the website called the Berthoud Pass.

It’s not “the Berthoud Pass”. Just “Berthoud Pass”.

the or no, it's all zona di freeride at BP

the or no, it's all zona di freeride at BP
    What lines does the website say are open in that zone?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

the freeride is always open!

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    What lines does the website say are open in that zone?
    Website currently showing BP zone closed. All lines have been marked as hazardous. I think it's bullshit, but I get why they would close it right now and start the "Major Fines ($) Protocol".

Avoid wind-loaded slopes. Signs of unstable snow in all areas = collapsing sounds/shooting cracks

Avoid wind-loaded slopes. Signs of unstable snow in all areas = collapsing sounds/shooting cracks
    What about the rush? Or the nitro?
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

we should dig a pit there. study the layhers with the dps's

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    EICs?
    Meaculpa. EIS.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Some people can’t get out that early or late.
    Refer to the whorehouse comment above. Skin somewhere else when the area is open. A ski area is in business to make money taking people uphill.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF is dat View Post
    Yeah there was 100 mile an hour gusts up there today.

That is more than just a typical windy day at Eldora. I think almost every mountain would close with 100 mph winds
    There have been days this season at Eldora where that lift was put on hold during way less than 100 mph gusts. There are design details that can mitigate the effect of high wind. They just need to choose to use them.