Page 1179 of 1200 FirstFirst ... 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 1181 1182 1183 1184 ... LastLast
Results 29,451 to 29,475 of 29995
  1. #29451
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,272
    Aspen resorts were DEAD last weekend by my standards. At Highlands last Saturday I ride a lift at all with anybody else three times.

  2. #29452
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Hott Butt Mud View Post
    That pic of gondi ONE in Vail sucks balls, but truth is that's just the line-up for first chair. I'll let this forum in on a little secret (which is pretty fucking obvious) --- go to Golden Peak on a powder day for first chair -- oh shit I said it.
    Vail sucks. It's too crowded, no one goes there anymore.

  3. #29453
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    写道
    Posts
    11,509
    Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    Viva I am pretty easy to spot if you want to make some turns. Lime green jacket with sleeve mostly torn off, yellow pants. Grey DPS.
    I'll keep an eye out for ya. Laying low tghis weekend, but will ski Monday-Wed. Maybe one of those days at Purg, but the others at Wolfy.
    ¡Órale, vato!

  4. #29454
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,331
    Ikon base blacked-out till next year. We are truly living in a golden age.
    Skiing on a Saturday? Sure, why not?
    Holiday crowds? What holiday crowds?
    Show up at 10:30am? "Hey wanna park in the lower lot" Sure I guess, how about a beach spot?
    Go into the lodge for lunch? "Hey, you get 15% off with your season pass" Well ok.
    Haven't heard this in a while: "Ugh! What do you mean I have to take my pass out of my pocket?"

  5. #29455
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The Ranch
    Posts
    3,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Ikon base blacked-out till next year. We are truly living in a golden age.
    Skiing on a Saturday? Sure, why not?
    Holiday crowds? What holiday crowds?
    Show up at 10:30am? "Hey wanna park in the lower lot" Sure I guess, how about a beach spot?
    Go into the lodge for lunch? "Hey, you get 15% off with your season pass" Well ok.
    Haven't heard this in a while: "Ugh! What do you mean I have to take my pass out of my pocket?"
    That’s good to hear, I’m definitely getting an abasin pass next year, hopefully the model holds up as I love a basin, but I’ll say I haven’t seen any crowds either this year, my take is people are just burnt out from the effort it takes to ski as a front range weekend warrior, I don’t know how people without a second home In The mountains do it.

  6. #29456
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,226
    Fucking cold today. I want my 25 degree powder days back. I could use a break anyhow. Chop some wood to stay warm.

  7. #29457
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Leshphilling77 View Post
    Hope someone can tell us how good wolf creek is right now.
    Wolf Creek the last couple of days has been some of the deepest inbounds snow I've ever skied. Conditions in the lettered glades (skier's right of Knife Ridge) were the deepest and very few people put in the effort to hike that area. We utilized the snowcat ride on several of these laps once that opened. Compared to the base area, it's a different world on that side of the mountain......not sure I've ever skied Wolf Creek over Xmas break and witnessed the massive influx of Texans, firsthand. The base area was mayhem. Yesterday was particularly tasty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PwUcwPN.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	627.4 KB 
ID:	308123

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8P76j8O.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	308128

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UBvmoif.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	308124

    Skiing conditions like that too often will "ruin" a person.
    Gotta say.....I'm pretty stoked to be back on a pair of fat Praxis for days like this. Protests FTW.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

  8. #29458
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    summit county
    Posts
    289
    Damn. Nice pics!

    I feel like part of abasin’s marketing this year is to show people they are now a less crowded and more laid back option hoping to grab a portion of people watching from the sidelines this season to get to where they truly want to be.

  9. #29459
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ten Mile Vistas
    Posts
    3,581
    -48 degrees at Antero Reservoir in South Park this morning.
    I used to hike 2 hours for 10 minutes of turns on 207 gs skis, without needing “skins” or “hike mode.” Tell me again how I’m a gaper.
    -mikdes26

  10. #29460
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SW, CO for now
    Posts
    573
    Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    Wolf Creek the last couple of days has been some of the deepest inbounds snow I've ever skied. Conditions in the lettered glades (skier's right of Knife Ridge) were the deepest and very few people put in the effort to hike that area. We utilized the snowcat ride on several of these laps once that opened. Compared to the base area, it's a different world on that side of the mountain......not sure I've ever skied Wolf Creek over Xmas break and witnessed the massive influx of Texans, firsthand. The base area was mayhem. Yesterday was particularly tasty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PwUcwPN.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	627.4 KB 
ID:	308123

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8P76j8O.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	308128

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UBvmoif.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	308124

    Skiing conditions like that too often will "ruin" a person.
    Gotta say.....I'm pretty stoked to be back on a pair of fat Praxis for days like this. Protests FTW.
    Wolfie is amazing for these kind of days. Seems “packed” at the base, but so many of the folks are on vacation from “whatever southern state” and never want to venture into the fresh snow at all.

    Best start to a season in my shortish memory. The San Juans are going the fuck off right now. I’m bummed to be heading to work in LCC for the rest of the winter.

  11. #29461
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    30
    Great pictures

    The peaks and mountains of Western and Central Colorado is due for 6-18 inches over the next 10 days.

    A decent long term forecast for the Colorado region:
    https://longrangesnowcenter.net/2019...30th-december/

  12. #29462
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    monument
    Posts
    5,551
    ^^^ So that's looking to me like I should taking my two week vacation to Jackson Hole / Big Sky ~ 1/10-1/24?
    Earlier than expected, but it looks like that's the window.

    Timely information, thank you.


    PS And fantastic pictures!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

  13. #29463
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,922
    Looking good for first trip to Silverton near the end of Jan. Stoked. The question is just how big of skis to take.

  14. #29464
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,874
    Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Looking good for first trip to Silverton near the end of Jan. Stoked. The question is just how big of skis to take.
    120-130s!

  15. #29465
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,093
    Eldora was seriously cold yesterday, still pretty cold today. Hoping for a little more warmth tomorrow.

    Someone got Flight for Lifed out of there midday today.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  16. #29466
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,093
    And pretty good conditions/coverage for December, top of Salto was fun.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  17. #29467
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,874
    These last few days have been average winter days from my years skiing Vermont/NH as a teen. -20°, no problem! 🤦♂️

  18. #29468
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    120-130s!
    Probably pack both Lhasas or Deathwishes—along with Protests.

  19. #29469
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And pretty good conditions/coverage for December, top of Salto was fun.
    Those trees that don’t get sun can stay really nice on steeper slopes.

  20. #29470
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,085
    Quite cold yesterday at Copper but the crowds were fucking brutal. Way more crowded on Monday at Copper compared to WP on Saturday. Wasn't too bad once you got off the base area but it took 40 minutes to get out of the lot at the end of the day (thought I was leaving Red Rocks after a show). Also got hung for a good 30 minutes on the lift and the 10 year old was less than pleased although we did get 50% off passes for our shivers...

  21. #29471
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    6,874
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Quite cold yesterday at Copper but the crowds were fucking brutal. Way more crowded on Monday at Copper compared to WP on Saturday. Wasn't too bad once you got off the base area but it took 40 minutes to get out of the lot at the end of the day (thought I was leaving Red Rocks after a show). Also got hung for a good 30 minutes on the lift and the 10 year old was less than pleased although we did get 50% off passes for our shivers...
    30 mins on the lift? Are the Eagle/Flyer still breaking down?!

  22. #29472
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,085
    Yep, just hung on Blackjack until they got the diesel backup going. Not sure on break downs on Eagle/Flyer as I only took them once each, no stoppages, just long lines.
    Last edited by rudy; 12-31-2019 at 03:10 PM.

  23. #29473
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,433
    Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    Yep, just hung on Blackjack until they got the diesel backup going. Not sure on break downs on Eagle/Flyer as I only took them once each, no stoppages, just long lines.
    Been there done that on Blackjack. Mine was 40min and we got a free day. Really great deal when you already have a season pass haha.

  24. #29474
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,085
    Yea, we have passes as well but told my boy that I'll sell his 50% off pass to my visiting friends and he'll get $20 out of the deal

  25. #29475
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    448
    well, this thread is making me feel a little better about picking this particular winter to start out rehabbing from a torn PCL. Love WC. Skied my first day of the season down there last year in October. it is full of Texans, though.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •