Page 1166 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 ... LastLast
Results 29,126 to 29,150 of 41274
    Looks like they're only opening a little beginner chair. Seriously, is that WP? Fuck that shit. Sounds like Molly Hogan terrain at Abasin is what WP will open. Lame AF.
    For the last 20+ years, the only lifts open on opening day are the Arrow, Gemini and the Disco. Nobody is making you go. It is fucking Halloween. It's pre season hype. Lighten up.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdpeirce View Post
    Monarch's got more than just green open for tomorrow:
    Attachment 300372

Ullr pleased

continue on with your conquest of pow

Eldora is actually opening alpenglow terrain.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I did. Wasn't too bad with the cold actually. Just a couple laps on the hanging meadow since it's usually pretty shark free then went over to the current creek side and tip toed around a bit. Not bad.
    Monarch's got more than just green open for tomorrow:
    Attachment 300372
    Very good indeed! You there?

Quote Originally Posted by bamboocoreONLY View Post
    I did. Wasn't too bad with the cold actually. Just a couple laps on the hanging meadow since it's usually pretty shark free then went over to the current creek side and tip toed around a bit. Not bad.
    Thanks, judging from the CDOT cam it looked active. Since I'm out of state and often solo hanging meadow zone is where I often am anyway
    you know there ain't no devil,
    there's just God when he's drunk---- Tom Waits

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eldora is actually opening alpenglow terrain.
    shit show, son and I showed up at 11:30, parked near the choke fairly up close. upper lot was occupied, lift lines long but who gives a shit, early season turns. snow what you expect, bit icy in spots but I still had fun.

PSA - beers are $8 each now, holly fuck.

snow guns are full force in Woodward area, groomer moving snow for bigger features, they are going all in on Woodward this year from what I can tell. also purchased a half pipe groomer this year per instagram

What’s better right now? Top to bottom ABasin on Dercums to High Noon or Eldora top to bottom from Alpenglow? I can’t believe I’m asking that.

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post

Thanks, judging from the CDOT cam it looked active. Since I'm out of state and often solo hanging meadow zone is where I often am anyway
    Yeah I was a bit baffled by the amount of skiers on such a cold day, but that's just how it is these days. It was my go to all through high school and October on a day like that then, I'd be maybe one of two or three cars haha

Quote Originally Posted by daviski View Post
    Yes was there today, knee deep natural until 2pm if you avoided the beginner runs. Wasn't ready for it, thought softball would help keep me in shape this summer but couldn't link more than 5 laps without stopping at the bar. Not sure if I'll go back this weekend or not.

thought softball would help keep me in shape this summer
    First time I've ever heard anyone say that before.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    First time I've ever heard anyone say that before.
    If you play enough, and play one of the positions that actually runs. I mean, it doesn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    What’s better right now? Top to bottom ABasin on Dercums to High Noon or Eldora top to bottom from Alpenglow? I can’t believe I’m asking that.
    I went to Eldora (first time evah) today around 1:30p. It wasn't really too crowded but the fucking lift kept stopping every 45 seconds. Really short runs, but pretty damn fun to make some turns. I didn't have any issues with parking at that time but I can see how that place turns in to a shit show.

If I had an Abasin pass, I'd go there tomorrow. No way will it be as crowded as Eldora. All the Ikonic gapers are going to go there tomorrow (and NOT Abasin).

Quote Originally Posted by hawkgt View Post
    shit show, son and I showed up at 11:30, parked near the choke fairly up close. upper lot was occupied, lift lines long but who gives a shit, early season turns. snow what you expect, bit icy in spots but I still had fun.

PSA - beers are $8 each now, holly fuck.

snow guns are full force in Woodward area, groomer moving snow for bigger features, they are going all in on Woodward this year from what I can tell. also purchased a half pipe groomer this year per instagram
    Thanks for the report. I probably won't be able to get out until December, so I got time for the shit show to die down.

BTW, going to be skiing there on Sundays this year, switched our kiddo to the Sunday program. Hope to still ski with you up there sometime!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    BTW, going to be skiing there on Sundays this year, switched our kiddo to the Sunday program. Hope to still ski with you up there sometime!
    Was going to ask you that, works for me. Hell, 70 drive sucks for wrod, save that for deep days.

When does kids program start up? La belle?.. has enough snow and the fences are all sitting at top ready for placement

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    It's a goid question to ask keeps shit in perspective

Sent from my SM-J737V using TGR Forums mobile app

Reading the forecast discussion this morning made me laugh a little. The first and last sentences:

"A stagnant pattern will continue over North America."
    "It`s a ways off but at least and [sic] indication of a pattern change."

Sooo, 2 weeks maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Sooo, 2 weeks maybe?
    precisely, and it's time to start keeping very close tabs on alabama's football program

Eldora had a combination of really nice snow and really long lines today. Singles line went all the way back to the snow fence at the throat entrance off the run.

But sunny and good snow = damn nice time. Plus some good people watching

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

A Basin was cold AF this morning then warmed up nicely. I never waited more than a couple minutes for a lift. Saw LOTS of Icon passes.

Was at WP 1230-230pm. after a morning tour on BP. Zero wait in the singles line on Gemni. $1 Coors light at Derailer. It was busy with people, but lines didn't seem too crazy. Someone in the lift line asked if Pano was open....

Quote Originally Posted by Skistack View Post
    A Basin was cold AF this morning then warmed up nicely. I never waited more than a couple minutes for a lift. Saw LOTS of Icon passes.

Fuck yeah!

Best skier on the mountain today wasn't a skier, but rather @ISBD's newly adopted dog (and he didn't lose any Ptex in the process) ...

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

^^^ WOOF!
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

While you guys are all basking in the sun with this high pressure system, can anyone give me recommendations for Frisco? Looks like I'll be staying there for a few days this winter and have only passed through before.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    While you guys are all basking in the sun with this high pressure system, can anyone give me recommendations for Frisco? Looks like I'll be staying there for a few days this winter and have only passed through before. Restaurants, bars, hookers. The usual stuff...
    Here's some spots with my impressions, I'm sure other people will have other opinions because they are on the internet.
    Outer Range Brewery- trendy Hazy beers, worth a visit if you are into that kinda thing, although they have a good pilsner now too. "In The Steep" is their flagship and is probably what I'd start with.
    Tavern West- probably my favorite bar/restaurant in Frisco. Higher end pub food, little pricey. We go here a lot.
    Fifth Ave grill- steaks and such, very good
    Vinnys-has great family Italian. You want pasta, go here
    Bagali's- also italian and pretty good. More like wood fired pizzas and small plates,
    Breakfast- Butterhorn, good pastries and decent breakfast, Log Cabin is OK too
    Rocky Mountain Roasters- good coffee and quick breakfast burritos, I like the chorizo ones.
    Moosejaw- classic local dive bar, worth a visit.
    Pazzo's Pizza- best pizza in town, maybe the county.
    Greco's- casual decently priced, but not the highest end of food. Decent beer list.
    Clubhouse- local beers selection and cocktails, good bar scene upstairs.

That's about all I can think of, sure I'm missing something but I'd say overall, Frisco has some pretty good spots and you won't be disappointed at these.

Excellent. Thanks!