Page 1134 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... LastLast
Results 28,326 to 28,350 of 29048
  1. #28326
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by FringeLife View Post
    Eastern European Bohemian. But that's beside the point.

    Saturday not Sunday.
    That pocket in n chute is way more protected and gets skied more.

  2. #28327
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    6,357
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    That pocket in n chute is way more protected and gets skied more.
    Russel N Chute is more protected/less loaded than the upper start zones of Widowmaker/Frankenstein sure, but than the portion below the cliffs where the slide broke? I don't think so.
    It definitely gets skied more but nearly enough to provide any sort of meaningful skier compaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

  3. #28328
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    99
    Random thread drift, but does anyone know if there is cell service (verizon) at the jackal hut? I feel like I have had it at fowler hilliard before.

  4. #28329
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,297
    Quote Originally Posted by PaDuKa View Post
    Random thread drift, but does anyone know if there is cell service (verizon) at the jackal hut? I feel like I have had it at fowler hilliard before.
    Yes/maybe. I was there last month, and most people got *some* cell service. It seemed like people were going to the second floor window and holding their phone up to get consistent service. So few got good service, but all got some, it seemed.

    However, I had perfect LTE service. It might have been the first time that I was the one in a group with the best service. I'm on Google Fi, using a Pixel 3.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  5. #28330
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes/maybe. I was there last month, and most people got *some* cell service. It seemed like people were going to the second floor window and holding their phone up to get consistent service. So few got good service, but all got some, it seemed.

    However, I had perfect LTE service. It might have been the first time that I was the one in a group with the best service. I'm on Google Fi, using a Pixel 3.
    Thanks. That should be good enough.

  6. #28331
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Name:  1EBCB5E7-569F-49DB-8724-0B5FBCC887F5.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  129.0 KB

    Comparison to some
    Historical years
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  7. #28332
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    ColoRADo
    Posts
    5,696
    Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    Name:  1EBCB5E7-569F-49DB-8724-0B5FBCC887F5.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  129.0 KB

    Comparison to some
    Historical years
    Ohhhhhh 2011...you were fucking magic. ❤️
    You should have been here yesterday!

  8. #28333
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,203
    Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Ohhhhhh 2011...you were fucking magic. ❤️
    Yeah, and iirc good stability most of the year. We were skiing big stuff starting in Feb. unlike this year which has been relegated to inbounds mostly.

  9. #28334
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,648
    Where did you find that, Montanaskier? I'd love to see it for the Gunnison basin- not sure '10-'11 would even be on there (it was good, but not that special, certainly no '07-'08). No way last year made it to average, either.

  10. #28335
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Carbondale
    Posts
    10,425
    Quote Originally Posted by JaytaeMoney View Post
    First day of Spring... Winter 2018-19 you were a damn good one.
    This.

  11. #28336
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eagle County
    Posts
    12,261
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Where did you find that, Montanaskier? I'd love to see it for the Gunnison basin- not sure '10-'11 would even be on there (it was good, but not that special, certainly no '07-'08). No way last year made it to average, either.
    NWS-Boulder Facebook
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

  12. #28337
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    1,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Were some ballsy tracks on Berthoud in Hells Half Acre and the east face of Russell on Sunday. Guess they have a different risk tolerances than I.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using TGR Forums mobile app
    More like a different risk perception, I'd say.

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleLanTheman View Post
    When's the next refresh? I feel we've been spoiled this season. Also props to everyone skiing the east wall at the basin. Nothin' like a little hikey hike for some fresh avvy debris, rocks, and chopped crust.
    Looks like we might get a little bit into this weekend, but I'm ready for melt/freeze to settle out the pack. THEN spring upslope refreshes.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

  13. #28338
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    403
    Predictably, Copper was nearly straight ice today.

  14. #28339
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Midgaard
    Posts
    2,725
    Shit, might have to be golf this weekend. Anybody been up in IPW, JPW, or the park lately? That big cycle spooked me so haven't been up there in a while. Anybody have any recent alpine observations, snowpit analyses, etc. from this zone?

  15. #28340
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    the vails
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Where did you find that, Montanaskier? I'd love to see it for the Gunnison basin- not sure '10-'11 would even be on there (it was good, but not that special, certainly no '07-'08). No way last year made it to average, either.
    https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...cs144p2_063323

    You can click different river basins on the map, but for maximum nerding out, click the "interactive SNOTEL charts" link below the map.

  16. #28341
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    The Ranch
    Posts
    3,652
    Skied crested butte yesterday didnít make it on the slopes till 1 but did a few laps on the peel and whatnot, spring like conditions. Waiting for things to thaw, hoping to find better snow on the north side today, I love this place, happy for everyone that calls this place home

  17. #28342
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/portal...cs144p2_063323

    You can click different river basins on the map, but for maximum nerding out, click the "interactive SNOTEL charts" link below the map.
    Yeah, discovered that yesterday and played around a bit. Confirmed my belief that '11 was good but nothing special in CB. 93, 97, 05, 08, 17 and 19- those are the years.

    What was really interesting is that those early 80's years that all the old timers make out to be out of this world are really in the same boat as the ones I list above.

  18. #28343
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Ireallyliketoski View Post
    Skied crested butte yesterday didn’t make it on the slopes till 1 but did a few laps on the peel and whatnot, spring like conditions. Waiting for things to thaw, hoping to find better snow on the north side today, I love this place, happy for everyone that calls this place home
    Haha, thanks, it's a good place to be. Hope we get a bit of a refresh for ya.

  19. #28344
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    21,297
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Yeah, discovered that yesterday and played around a bit. Confirmed my belief that '11 was good but nothing special in CB. 93, 97, 05, 08, 17 and 19- those are the years.

    What was really interesting is that those early 80's years that all the old timers make out to be out of this world are really in the same boat as the ones I list above.
    Man, I remember 97 well, skiing the North Face in early December. Stellar. That was actually the last time I skied in alpine gear.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  20. #28345
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,006
    What was really interesting is that those early 80's years that all the old timers make out to be out of this world are really in the same boat as the ones I list above.
    I think it just highlight that skiing experiences are not solely measured by snowfall. I can remember days, weeks, runs, turns but I really have a hard time remembering the year.

  21. #28346
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cb, co
    Posts
    3,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    I think it just highlight that skiing experiences are not solely measured by snowfall. I can remember days, weeks, runs, turns but I really have a hard time remembering the year.
    True, not to mention those old timers were hiking for all the good stuff at CB back then. Of course it skied better.

  22. #28347
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    403
    Loveland today had just enough dust on the crust to be really fun. day 72 was a good one.

  23. #28348
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Warm parts of the St. Vrain
    Posts
    1,553
    How's Jane gonna ski tomorrow?

    I'm highly considering cooking up some C lot breakfast tacos tomorrow? My seven days of tacos adventure ended in a somewhat disappointing fashion so the TAKOKON might have to be extended.

    For those Coloradans that don't know, a breakfast taco is similar to a breakfast burrito except it has fewer than 30 ingredients and usually weighs less than two pounds. In this case I'm thinking pork in bacon or breakfast sausage form, egg and cheese with some salsa or pico. Chorizo also possible. I need takers to make it worth the purchase at all, otherwise, I'll probably be eating a fucking sausage mcmuffin without egg. Maybe two. Lemme know!!
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

  24. #28349
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    6,006
    How's Jane gonna ski tomorrow?
    I'd honest say fairly poorly. It hasn't snowed in over a week and it is forecast to be overcast dust on crust. There will be fun to be had of course but this is how is is.

  25. #28350
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    403
    Yeah it’ll be refrozen. I doubt there’s even any dust. I skied Copper on Friday and it was a sheet of ice. Only dust was what people’s skis had shaved off the ice.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 10:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 11:34 PM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 08:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •