Page 1251 of 1271 FirstFirst ... 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 ... LastLast
Results 31,251 to 31,275 of 31769
  1. #31251
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    351
    USFS not fucking around. Just closed all National Forest land in Clear Creek, Gilpin, Boulder, and Latimer Counties.

  2. #31252
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    just outside the bubble
    Posts
    1,200
    Yep. Just posted on wildfire thread too


    https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/arp/n...d=FSEPRD831612

    Moose out front shoulda told ya!
    It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. –Ernest Hemingway

  3. #31253
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by stapes View Post
    Moose out front shoulda told ya!
    well done.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  4. #31254
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    your vacation
    Posts
    2,349
    guess we'll see a few more people than normal in summit this weekend

  5. #31255
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    182
    Smart move on the natl forests. Maybe this storm (and hopefully more to follow) will cut the ban short before the current Nov 15. Selfishly, I need to find a new patch in Oct to keep my streak alive...

  6. #31256
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    guess we'll see a few more people than normal in summit this weekend
    probably. then lots of posts in the I-70 thread on Sunday when the storm hits as they drive home.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  7. #31257
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    probably. then lots of posts in the I-70 thread on Sunday when the storm hits as they drive home.
    It shall be the perfect shit show!

  8. #31258
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    332
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?

  9. #31259
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    653
    fire bans really don't do shit, and unfortunately, it's not just tourists. last summer (or the year before, I can't remember) I was camping way up in the backcountry in an area that tourists don't seem to know about and it requires a high clearance 4x4 with a locking diff to reach. I passed a few folks on the way up, all CO plates. There was a full state fire ban on. I was freezing my ass off even with down and base layers on, but didn't build a fire. From my high alpine campsite, I could see 4 or 5 fires on the road I had driven to get there, and one group was shooting fireworks. infuriating.

    That said, I'm not rich and don't have a sprinter or some portable camping heater. If I'm camping and if there's no fire ban on, I'm 100% going to have a fire, and it's not because of instagram. It's warm and nice and gives me something to do before bed. It also seems to calm my dog down at night, for some reason. She gets really antsy and stressed after dark without, unless she's in the car. But I'm also not building fires in straw fields or where the wind might blow the sparks into one.

    anyway, hope some precip helps a bit with the fires. and ya know, some snow so we can ski.

  10. #31260
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,995
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?
    You'll probably want to just stay at the airport for the duration.

  11. #31261
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    fire bans really don't do shit, and unfortunately, it's not just tourists. last summer (or the year before, I can't remember) I was camping way up in the backcountry in an area that tourists don't seem to know about and it requires a high clearance 4x4 with a locking diff to reach. I passed a few folks on the way up, all CO plates. There was a full state fire ban on. I was freezing my ass off even with down and base layers on, but didn't build a fire. From my high alpine campsite, I could see 4 or 5 fires on the road I had driven to get there, and one group was shooting fireworks. infuriating.

    That said, I'm not rich and don't have a sprinter or some portable camping heater. If I'm camping and if there's no fire ban on, I'm 100% going to have a fire, and it's not because of instagram. It's warm and nice and gives me something to do before bed. It also seems to calm my dog down at night, for some reason. She gets really antsy and stressed after dark without, unless she's in the car. But I'm also not building fires in straw fields or where the wind might blow the sparks into one.

    anyway, hope some precip helps a bit with the fires. and ya know, some snow so we can ski.
    Propane campfires aren't crazy expensive and are worth every penny in a fire ban. It is also possible that some of those fires you saw were propane. In August I was at a campground and fires weren't allowed, and when I walked up the road a bit and looked down at our site, it sure looked like we had a campfire.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  12. #31262
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    24,138
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?
    A little far out to know the forecast. But Monday is bound to be better than Sunday. The roads may not be great, it may be a shitshow, but it likely won't be an epic shitshow.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  13. #31263
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Aloft
    Posts
    3,628
    ^^Yep. Have a feeling those will be the new normal. They're pretty great.

  14. #31264
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Norwalk, Ohio
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You'll probably want to just stay at the airport for the duration.
    Sounds like a plan...I would rather be coming to go skiing not just along to spend $$$

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #31265
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Propane campfires aren't crazy expensive and are worth every penny in a fire ban. It is also possible that some of those fires you saw were propane. In August I was at a campground and fires weren't allowed, and when I walked up the road a bit and looked down at our site, it sure looked like we had a campfire.
    I saw the fire rings in the morning on the way out. There were definitely real fires. and real fireworks.

  16. #31266
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    13,812
    Quote Originally Posted by blackalps View Post
    I saw the fire rings in the morning on the way out. There were definitely real fires. and real fireworks.
    You were #trippinballz ?

  17. #31267
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gaperville, CO
    Posts
    4,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    ^^Yep. Have a feeling those will be the new normal. They're pretty great.
    Used ours a few time this summer/fall. Will be put in the van for ski lots use as well.

  18. #31268
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO/UT
    Posts
    2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?
    I think you'll be fine, but just check before you leave Montrose that 70 is open/not a shit show. If it is you can go the other way (50-->285), the roads may not be any better but less likely to be a shitshow if slideoffs, boats, and rvs.

  19. #31269
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    24,138
    I agree to make sure and check google maps before leaving. But from Montrose, I think 50/285 is a little faster than I-70 under normal conditions.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  20. #31270
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,712
    I don't understand.

  21. #31271
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Front Range
    Posts
    137
    E troublesome going on a run this afternoon. Pretty scary trajectory...view from Granby about an hour agoClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	700.0 KB 
ID:	344354

  22. #31272
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    5,995
    Troublesome smoke from SW metro...

  23. #31273
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    your mom's house
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?
    Guessing you're renting a car at the airport? You should be fine. If I were you, I'd spring for the fun Camaro/Mustang RWD option and take the scenic route over the high passes.


    But seriously, hope for the best and expect the worst.

  24. #31274
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    none
    Posts
    6,836
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    Im flying into Denver on sat and heading over to Montrose then back to Denver on Monday evening what kind of shitshow will I be in for on the way back? Or will that be over Sunday evening?
    Have you looked into just flying into GJT?

    Flights are really cheap and you’d save a shitload of windshield time.

  25. #31275
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Three-O-Three
    Posts
    14,392
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Troublesome smoke from SW metro...
    We're sitting right under the southern edge of that (I live in Niwot), and it was crazy to see the skies tonight. To the south it was crystal clear blue, and to the north it looks like a huge storm... but it's all smoke.

Similar Threads

  1. Up to the Minute Colorado Backcountry Weather Conditions
    By AzureAbyss in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 11:16 PM
  2. anti jinx, anti jinx, anti jinx thread
    By Benny Profane in forum General Ski / Snowboard Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-10-2006, 12:34 AM
  3. The Colorado crew STOKE thread.
    By Blurred Elevens in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 12:16 AM
  4. a REPLY without a thread...
    By Endlessseason in forum TGR Forum Archives
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •