Page 1387 of 1646 FirstFirst ... 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 ... LastLast
Results 34,651 to 34,675 of 41143
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Champagne powder piling up at Steamboat Attachment 392905
    I stayed in those condos a few weeks ago. Helluva project they have going on there. Entire base area totally revamped.

It doesn't stop there. Base to summit gondola, Pioneer / Fish Creek expansion, new learning pod, moving lower Christie Peak chair, all by 2024. Alterra sure loves spending money on that place.

2 weeks to a pattern change, right?

Fire in Estes Park.

KDVR: Mandatory evacuations issued for Little Valley in Estes Park due to wildfire.
    https://kdvr.com/news/local/little-v...re-estes-park/

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hatchgreenchile View Post
    It doesn't stop there. Base to summit gondola, Pioneer / Fish Creek expansion, new learning pod, moving lower Christie Peak chair, all by 2024. Alterra sure loves spending money on that place.

Folks at HighPoint weather think the pattern strengthens and it might be a long time before things change.

Though a blip of a one and done storm possibility around the 25th

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Fire in Estes Park.

KDVR: Mandatory evacuations issued for Little Valley in Estes Park due to wildfire.

Fucking Disneyland type shit at Steamboat.

Two weeks to flatten the pressure, we're all in this together

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    Fucking Disneyland type shit at Steamboat.
    Well they gotta do something because in 10 years they won't have snow.

The new gondola is something to get excited about. Two gondolas bringing people out of the base area in the morning? And one that is just a straight shot to the summit? Sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Well they gotta do something because in 10 years they won't have snow.
    WC is doing something. 21000+ Brute trash cans of snow farmed all for a few passholders.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    WC is doing something. 21000+ Brute trash cans of snow farmed all for a few passholders.
    Well let me give you the opposite picture. Massive snowmaking operation and passholders aren't allowed on the mountain until thanksgiving week. World cup racers get the mountain (for weeks) and nobody else. Even then I won't get to ski some of my favorite terrain until after they leave later in December because their fencing blocks access.

Can you guess?
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

To be fair, if they were doing that in February, you might have a legitimate complaint. However, in mid-November, you're going to make me look for my tiny, tiny violin.

Quote Originally Posted by shera View Post
    Can you guess?
    Top of 9 hang a right, traverse across race course is the first thought that came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Fire in Estes Park.

I'm guessing it was started by someone camping around Kruger Peak in Hermit Park? I can see the smoke from our window, and it's windy as shit today. Hopefully it doesn't blow up.

Well let me give you the opposite picture. Massive snowmaking operation and passholders aren't allowed on the mountain until thanksgiving week. World cup racers get the mountain (for weeks) and nobody else. Even then I won't get to ski some of my favorite terrain until after they leave later in December because their fencing blocks access.

Can you guess?
    If passholders were willing to pay what the racers at Copper do...there would be very very few passholders.

Can you guess?

Copper is still the better of the resorts in the area. They must get paid pretty big to do the racer thing.

Well, Steamboat just pushed their opening day back to the 27th and Telluride pushed theirs to Dec 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    If passholders were willing to pay what the racers at Copper do...there would be very very few passholders.
    Yeah, Super Bee fast chair, long vert, somewhat sustained steeper pitch - ideal for race training. It would just be nice if they could respect the pass holders enough to open Nov 1 instead of Nov 23. They make snow for the east village and they make a LOT of snow for the super pipe and so center village groomers are lower priority. I think they could do better and maybe not have to make ALL the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Copper is still the better of the resorts in the area. They must get paid pretty big to do the racer thing.
    Don't get me wrong, I love Copper. It's just hard to see the entire east face (A lift) white and beckoning so early. I used to skin up north peak at keystone early season every year, so I guess I can only blame my lazy self for not skiing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIP IN7RO View Post
    Top of 9 hang a right, traverse across race course is the first thought that came to mind.
    Chair 9 at Loveland? Nope
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Yeah, Super Bee fast chair, long vert, somewhat sustained steeper pitch - ideal for race training. It would just be nice if they could respect the pass holders enough to open Nov 1 instead of Nov 23. They make snow for the east village and they make a LOT of snow for the super pipe and so center village groomers are lower priority. I think they could do better and maybe not have to make ALL the money.

Don't get me wrong, I love Copper. It's just hard to see the entire east face (A lift) white and beckoning so early. I used to skin up north peak at keystone early season every year, so I guess I can only blame my lazy self for not skiing it.

Well, A-chair is going to all turn into some fancy resort in the next few years. So I guess there goes the nice little secret parking lot scene w/ a slow double accessing some fun bump runs. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    I'm guessing it was started by someone camping around Kruger Peak in Hermit Park? I can see the smoke from our window, and it's windy as shit today. Hopefully it doesn't blow up.
    Some reports saying electrical transformer box or something of the sort...though a careless camper is always a likely offender. Sounds like winds finally dying down tonight.

Still nope but I was thinking Birds of Prey Express the chair formerly known as Westfall

Well, A-chair is going to all turn into some fancy resort in the next few years. So I guess there goes the nice little secret parking lot scene w/ a slow double accessing some fun bump runs. Oh well.
    At least it should be better gaper-watching as the misinformed get caught on those runs... 'cause there ain't no easy way down to A-side.

shut your whore mouth!!!!!!!

edit: will be up for WROD wp opening tomorrow, brats on grill after a bit of ski plinko

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    At least it should be better gaper-watching as the misinformed get caught on those runs... 'cause there ain't no easy way down to A-side.

The amount of money that's going into this resort would suggest that they have a plan for that.

If only they had naturally divided terrain that kept the beginners to the west, intermediates in the middle, and experts to the east. If only....

Early season there was becoming quite the shitshow. Hot shot racers and the plebs trying to hold an edge down an icy Ptarmigan before the demolition derby of Main Vein. With the later date, hopefully they open more terrain and spread everyone out.