Page 1211 of 1649 FirstFirst ... 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 ... LastLast
Results 30,251 to 30,275 of 41210
    Eagle County has a self-reporting tool and had been sharing the results. I can't find it, any help?

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    You wanna cruise up to Berthoud this afternoon, make some laps then return back to the front range...totally cool.

You wanna book a VRBO, shop at Safeway in WP, go up to the C-Lot, act festive and shit in the wood...not that cool.
    This is mostly where I'm at (though maybe avoiding crowded areas like Berthoud is better). I have a kid who is starting to go a little stir crazy. Was thinking about taking her for a one-night truck camping trip to some very lightly trafficked public lands nearby to get outside and shake up the routine. We'd pack our own food, keep to ourselves; only contact point would be getting gas. Sure, it's "riskier" from a public health standpoint than walking around the block, but it feels in the realm of an acceptable risk to me.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Someone can shelter in place, then safely do a day of touring without endangering the whole thing. And mountain communities prohibitions arent for the general good, but for their selfish interests with their limited hospital facilities.

Mountain “local” gets to have his cake and eat it too. HE gets to ski tour near to home without restrictions since its close enough, but then sure enough if he gets the lung virus then he’ll be on the first ambulance down to denver.

But oh GOD there were avalanches triggered by skiers after powder in what feels like end days. There COULD be big impact if SAR gets called out to a rescue IF the guy has COVID they MIGHT have to quarantine. Hell those triggerers WERE probably “locals.”

So yeah, maybe suspend all SAR. You are on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    And mountain communities prohibitions arent for the general good, but for their selfish interests with their limited hospital facilities
    What the fuck

^^the entitlement is very strong with that one. Not even worth a response.
    Old's Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I don’t think walking or biking around neighborhoods, while keeping 6’ min apart, will result in transmission. It’s not indefinitely airborne.
    Of course not. But people won't remain 6 feet apart. Just like they'll wait shoulder to shoulder hitching a ride up Loveland pass. Plus they'll sit on park benches, climb on jungle gyms and pet passing dogs. I saw all of this yesterday. See also Rand Paul. Of course these behaviors aren't ideal, but some social distancing is better than none.

Does shutting down public spaces make this better? It will probably work if you deploy the national guard and start issuing tickets for violations. Make people schedule their trips outdoors with the local authorities. There is a problem with this also. Public spaces are good for public health. Take them away and people will lose their shit. Correction: People will lose even more shit. There is a spike in domestic violence around the country. This almost certainly comes with an increase in substance abuse. Keeping people happy and healthy during this upheaval matters.

Heck, I find myself losing my shit at times. Like the rest of you I've got a lot to worry about and a lot to take care of including elderly parents with compromised immune systems and working from home while taking care of two small children. Skiing for a few hours yesterday morning was an unbelievable relief (although I did it my home county). Thirty minutes in it was like my brain starting working properly again. I hope I can keep it up once a week amid all my other responsibilities.

Yeah, there are more BC users at the moment, and some are making stupid decisions. If it keeps up and puts an extra strain of essential services, I get it. Shut it down. I just don't think that should be our first reaction. Maybe the situation is more fucked up than I realize, but before we go jump to an all-out ban, some sort of basic public education campaign would be nice. It can be done safely and responsibly.

I also don't think we've reached a point where we should be shutting down the streets and the mountains. When public health officials who have some basic expertise on the matter say it's time I'll listen. If SAR says they can't do their job safely, I'll listen. The local sheriff? I don't even trust him when it comes to policing.

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    ^^the entitlement is very strong with that one. Not even worth a response.
    Ironic post of the decade from CMcuntwit who thinks his bro brah breck lifestyle is better than everyone else

Ironic post of the decade from CMcuntwit who thinks his bro brah breck lifestyle is better than everyone else

So mature. Good luck with that anger, Franger.
    Old's Cool.

If it feels like a day trip to the whatever, you are going to far. The more people on the roads, the more accidents happen further stressing an already stressed first responder and health system. It is not even about S&R; it’s about touching fuel tanks, gas trucks on the road, cars on the road.

General guidance is 5 miles from home for outdoor recreation. Essential means you need fresh air and exercise. Not a awesome tour with your kids. Yesterday S&R was hiking up Heavenly to get someone with a broken leg. With asymptomatic carriers, whose to say that S&R team does not pick up the virus and bring it home and share it with the fire station when they go back on duty, then your dryer starts a fire and no one is able to put out the flames.

Go out for a walk. A run. A ride. Tour mellow terrain from your home if you can. Stay well within your means to not get hurt. Every mile on the road is a chance for more accidents. More stressing the system.

Too many people are being selfish and not seeing the big picture here. And if the law in place says you can’t enter a county, why the fuck would you teach your kids it is okay for them to break some laws? Just don’t do it.

Be happy you can leave your homes at will. Many countries around the world right now are on full lockdown requiring a note from the authorities to even go out and buy food. Act responsibly and it won’t come to that here. Act like selfish twats and the hammer will fall. And then, yay, Martial Law under the biggest twat of all.

Mountain “local” gets to have his cake and eat it too. HE gets to ski tour near to home without restrictions since its close enough, but then sure enough if he gets the lung virus then he’ll be on the first ambulance down to denver.
    sometimes there are advantages to living in the mountains, this is one.

I live in Boulder (believe you do too, or in one of the surrounding Ls), and I consider us exceedingly lucky to have all the open space around us. Do I think people in Thornton or Denver should be driving here to hike or bike on our trails? No. And I won't be driving to hike or bike or ski on summit or grand or clear creek county's trails.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    General guidance is 5 miles from home for outdoor recreation.
    General guidance from where?

Quote Originally Posted by cmsummit View Post
    So mature. Good luck with that anger, Franger.
    Native to you, transplant

That explains A LOT.....thanks for the clarification.
    Old's Cool.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cravenmorhead View Post
    General guidance from where?
    Santa Cruz County Health Department for our Shelter in Place order. The state adopted the same order the next day. Guidance may be different in CO, but they also have a Shelter in Place order. Should be similar.

When all this started, I thought I’d drive to my friends cabin and tour from there for a few days with my son. So I called around to find out what was permitted. As in, could I leave the county. I was told that I should not use my car to travel to outdoor recreate. I for sure should not leave the county to recreate. That essential meant I should get fresh air and exercise, but do it locally from my home. If for some reason that was impossible, I should not drive my car more than 5 miles except for essential grocery needs or medical care. Ideally, do not use your car.

I idea is not that you need your adrenaline fix, but that you just need air and exercise. And stay away from people not in your household.

The other idea is to keep any virus vectors local and not share them from town to town, from county to county.

Everyone needs to go read Ian McIntosh’s post on Instagram. Just like all the rest of us he would like to get out and ski big lines, but he is doing what is right in the current environment.

Just chill

Quote Originally Posted by Staircase II View Post
    Everyone needs to go read Ian McIntosh’s post on Instagram. Just like all the rest of us he would like to get out and ski big lines, but he is doing what is right in the current environment.

Just chill

Tommy Caldwell too and he’s a native radbro.

Do you have the sticker for proof?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post
    he has the smugness, so it checks out.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Actually not technically true as have MT birth cert

Actually not technically true as have MT birth cert

Name:  16eyi2.jpg
Views: 409
Size:  23.9 KB

Guidance may be different in CO, but they also have a Shelter in Place order. Should be similar.
    Huh, that's news to me. Do you get your news from China?

Santa Cruz County Health Department for our Shelter in Place order. The state adopted the same order the next day. Guidance may be different in CO, but they also have a Shelter in Place order. Should be similar.

When all this started, I thought I’d drive to my friends cabin and tour from there for a few days with my son. So I called around to find out what was permitted. As in, could I leave the county. I was told that I should not use my car to travel to outdoor recreate. I for sure should not leave the county to recreate. That essential meant I should get fresh air and exercise, but do it locally from my home. If for some reason that was impossible, I should not drive my car more than 5 miles except for essential grocery needs or medical care. Ideally, do not use your car.

I idea is not that you need your adrenaline fix, but that you just need air and exercise. And stay away from people not in your household.

The other idea is to keep any virus vectors local and not share them from town to town, from county to county.
    So you aren’t in colorado, dont know what the situation is in colorado, or have any relevant information on colorado but are in the colorado thread telling people in colorado what the rules are?

As far as I know Polis has not enacted a Shelter in Place for CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    As far as I know Polis has not enacted a Shelter in Place for CO.
    Just Denver, Mayor Hancock is live right now laying down the rules.
    Liquor stores closed as of 5pm March 24th.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy View Post