Page 1468 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 ... LastLast
Results 36,676 to 36,700 of 41257
    Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Making a Loveland next week post in order to get updates on conditions.
    I'll have three ski days next week (4/20-4/22) and plan to use my Loveland Pass and ski at Loveland for the first time ever.
    (I picked up a Loveland Pass last year in order to ski some of their partner resorts. I have gotten in 3 days at Powder Mountain, 1 at Nordic Valley, 1 at Snow King, and 1 at Homewood.)
    Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.
    Also, are any other Colorado resorts worth checking out one of those days next week?

I got a couple Loveland tix I need to burn up. If you want to run laps next Thurs or Friday shoot me a pm.

Hit or miss this time of year for conditions. Check in at the Loveland thread for the locals. Chets is fun to lap while waiting for everything to warm. 4 and 8 for suncrusted teeth chatter

Not sure where else you get days at. I would hit Arapaho Basin myself for steps, Cooper for long grooms and iced up bumps, WP to get stuck on a catwalk and Jane side trees to get out of the sun.

Oh, you'll get tired of Loveland food over three days. So bring a backpack with a few beers, brats/burgers/grillables in it. All the huts have propane grills that are free to use. On a sunny day, Ginny Lee has the best sundeck. If it's crappy out, Etow is my preference.

4 degrees forecast for Weds. Seems a bit excessive, if you could dial it back a couple notches that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    4 degrees forecast for Weds. Seems a bit excessive, if you could dial it back a couple notches that would be great.
    was thinking about getting out on Wednesday, but the wuss in me is rethinking it based on temps/wind.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'll probably go either way but hard to convince my southern gf to go. If she's not going Wed I might opt for storm day Tues. Tough call I don't have time for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    was thinking about getting out on Wednesday, but the wuss in me is rethinking it based on temps/wind.
    Haha glad I’m not the only one!

Wind blew so hard last night it set off a couple of car alarms in the neighborhood. 94mph at CB, that's really high for us. At least it's dumping now.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    Wind blew so hard last night it set off a couple of car alarms in the neighborhood. 94mph at CB, that's really high for us. At least it's dumping now.
    I flew in from Denver in that wind last night, to say it was a rough ride is a vast understatement. Snowing now, I might have to play hooky this afternoon and go poke around.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I thought my rickety old fence was going to fall over for sure last night. We've already picked up an inch or two here in Montrose, hopefully the wife's flight from DEN this afternoon makes it.

A foot at Cameron pass now. Temperature just dropped 10 degrees in an hour. Northern front is here.

Unreal winds in Silverton right now. Maybe 3-5" of dense stuff in town when I got back an hour ago. Hopefully the wind will do some work up at the mountain and make closing weekend excellent.

Country Club day in Eagle Cty. Best day of the year. NOBODY skiing and easily a foot plus in spots! Man that felt good!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

In general there's been absolutely nobody on the hill this month so far. Me thinks everyone is back on regular pre-covid style schedules. Thank god.

windy AF.

I hate the fucking wind.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

copper was skiing real good in places today with nobody around, especially all through the morning hours. union bowl, upper forest, reso bowl, hallelujah were all deep and really good. less bottomless elsewhere but still fun. don't think spaulding bowl ever opened.

stellar skiing today if you could brave the wind and cold.

If anyone is at the basin tomorrow, my shop is closing for the day to have an employee ski day but we have some 200 or so hot dogs we need to grill up some come snag one and say hi! Our Slope Style tent will be set up on the beach.

Though Winter Park reported a foot of new snow, I found 6 or so inches on BP today. North facing trees skied well, but the new snow on the east facing slopes sat on a grabbing layer of pink dust. F#%* Jeep week and f*%# that dust layer that is gonna muck up the spring and early summer ski season.

yeah definitely a dirt layer in there. copper skied real well again today, finally caught the spaulding bowl rope drop after control work and stormy wind holds and damn was in nice in there! good couple days at copper to burn up the rest of my 5pack, knew I'd held onto those days for a reason.

Anyone skiing around Aspen tomorrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Work not ski for me tomorrow but today was one of the best days of the season

Drove over VP at 11PM last night. Shitshow of truck shenanigans. Should be a good day today if it kept up snowing like it was last night.

Quote Originally Posted by timackie View Post
    Though Winter Park reported a foot of new snow, I found 6 or so inches on BP today. North facing trees skied well, but the new snow on the east facing slopes sat on a grabbing layer of pink dust. F#%* Jeep week and f*%# that dust layer that is gonna muck up the spring and early summer ski season.
    Yeah, spring BC skiing is not setting up well. That dry Jan facet layer is still lurking on north and east aspects. Dust layers. Wind scouring and loading.
    Have some huts days next week and going to have to put the thinking cap on - or smarter just dial back. We'll see what the next 4-5 days does. Need some melt-freeze down to that Jan layer

Quote Originally Posted by tang View Post
    Yeah, spring BC skiing is not setting up well. That dry Jan facet layer is still lurking on north and east aspects. Dust layers. Wind scouring and loading.
    Have some huts days next week and going to have to put the thinking cap on - or smarter just dial back. We'll see what the next 4-5 days does. Need some melt-freeze down to that Jan layer
    We're headed up to a G&T hut tomorrow... and we had tentatively planned to ski the Tuning Fork - but after hearing last week's CAIC report and seeing shit like this going on that PWL, I think we'll sit around in the sun and drink rum.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    We're headed up to a G&T hut tomorrow... and we had tentatively planned to ski the Tuning Fork - but after hearing last week's CAIC report and seeing shit like this going on that PWL, I think we'll sit around in the sun and drink rum.

i dont know when the last time you saw the tuning forks but last Saturday they were looking pretty out of tune this year! the wind was not kind