Page 1411 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 ... LastLast
Results 35,251 to 35,275 of 41290
    Quote Originally Posted by funkendrenchman View Post
    The same thing happened about 9 years ago. Rained in town. Dumped up high. All Christmas week. The skiing was awesome.

14” so far on Highlands with a lot more in the forecast.
    Be there Tuesday! Black flylow jacket w/forest green flylow pant. Change for a nickel.

I've only lived up here 7 years out of my 30 in CO, but in that time the town has always seemed to get rain while it's snowing up high early season. But yeah, moving forward I expect to feel more effects. It already gets warmer earlier it seems in the spring, and the summers have been hotter past 2 years. Other side of coin is storms will hopefully be more intense when they are around. I'm here for it regardless and have multiple bikes to help me adjust.

Ullr pulled through early this morning. Temps dropping for rest of the week and we've been mostly spared by the winds thus far, this is good. Letting the tourons pack that heavier 6" down today, my knees are thanking me for it, will ski out the rest of the year starting manana. Happy festivus!

The Beav was nice and thick this morning. Keep it coming!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

8" of cream cheese on the grand mess this morning. Road closure prevented me getting up and over but still managed some low angle wiggling. Merry Christmas everybody!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intrack.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	890.4 KB 
ID:	397992

Random skimo dude:

Name:	random guy.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	689.9 KB 
ID:	397993

10" at the trail head. 20" at 11,600.' Odd lack of wind. Some of the best low angle pow turns I can remember. Light and dry on top. Supportive and almost springy underneath.

CB cams are nuts right now. The 4pm one is just gone, and the 5am one is showing another 15 or so. So 3 feet and counting. But hey, keystone was rad, ha.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    CB cams are nuts right now. The 4pm one is just gone, and the 5am one is showing another 15 or so. So 3 feet and counting. But hey, keystone was rad, ha.

I keep going back to those cams today. Incredible stuff. Makes sitting inside quarantining a little easier. It's been dumping in Silverton all day. Soooo windy though.

You should leave town more often. I'm gonna make it over that way sometime in the next few days for sure!

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 3.51.52 PM.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	463.1 KB 
ID:	398007

Now that's what I call a stacked pow cam! Hope you CB folks are enjoying it.

Heard that there was 30-36" mid mountain at Silverton today. Who's coming in for opening weekend?

FKNA on this storm for the state, much needed.

wp/jane was fun, snowfall all day and felt good to ski in a storm again. saw some fantastic wrecks throughout the day which was very entertaining.

You should relo to the stone

looks like Schofield Pass has over 4" of water so far from this storm. So is that a good indicator for CB and Irwin.
    off your knees Louie

Love it! So much stoke on my feed right now. Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    looks like Schofield Pass has over 4" of water so far from this storm. So is that a good indicator for CB and Irwin.
    More often than not, there’s less of a correlation between snowfall at Schofield and CBMR than between Nelson, BC and CBMR. Pretty much the antithesis of a “good indicator.”

Merry Xmas! If anyone is making some turns at the basin this morning lemme know.

Merry Christmas!! Home with the flu and still rehabbing my torn ACL but unbelievably stoked to see all this snow, get some!

Snow was pretty wind slabby at Vail this morning. Skied the Mile and saw some shooting cracks in wind loaded areas. Super dense snow. Also...MakersTeleMark helped me out when my mother in law drove my mothers car down a snowmobile road this morning and got stuck. Makers is that guy you can call anytime and he’ll help.

Merry Christmas

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Some odd shaped nips, but lookin good
    the drugs made me realize it's not about the drugs

Great xmas on the hill. Rope drops, beers, and buddies. Pali was like cream cheese. The thick kind, not whipped. Kept you off the rocks.

Jacked my leg last run though.
    Last edited by Name Redacted; 12-26-2021 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    More often than not, there’s less of a correlation between snowfall at Schofield and CBMR than between Nelson, BC and CBMR. Pretty much the antithesis of a “good indicator.”
    I am thinking about doing some traveling in Feb. to check out some different ski zones. These are the kinds of storms that can set an area up with a good snowpack. Saw Schofield is doing well. But I really do not know how wide of an area that reflects on. I know we have a great snowpack now but just 6 miles away at the same elevation is shit.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    I am thinking about doing some traveling in Feb. to check out some different ski zones. These are the kinds of storms that can set an area up with a good snowpack. Saw Schofield is doing well. But I really do not know how wide of an area that reflects on. I know we have a great snowpack now but just 6 miles away at the same elevation is shit.
    CB is about skiing good terrain, not deep pow generally. 40" storms at the mountain are not the norm.

Schofield/Lake Irwin area is a microclimate that typically gets significantly more snow.

Telluride skied fantastic today. Shout out to patrol and decision makers for getting most of the mountain open. So good to ski steeps again!

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    CB is about skiing good terrain, not deep pow generally. 40" storms at the mountain are not the norm.

Schofield/Lake Irwin area is a microclimate that typically gets significantly more snow.

Telluride skied fantastic today. Shout out to patrol and decision makers for getting most of the mountain open. So good to ski steeps again!
    Where do you have your pass at? Seems like you are skiing all over this year. Jelly. Especially considering where you are getting to ski.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Where do you have your pass at? Seems like you are skiing all over this year. Jelly. Especially considering where you are getting to ski.

Full epic, gets me 7 days at Telluride and then CB. Doubt I'll hit anywhere else but you never know.

I was going to go full T-ride but it is a serious chunk of change.

Name:	Welcome.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	398156

Name:	Slow.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	636.7 KB 
ID:	398157
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Full epic, gets me 7 days at Telluride and then CB. Doubt I'll hit anywhere else but you never know.

I was going to go full T-ride but it is a serious chunk of change.
    Oh, of course. Sweet.