Page 1218 of 1218 FirstFirst ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218
Results 30,426 to 30,436 of 30436

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

60s-70s in Denver for the week. Most have moved on in my estimation. The local Golden/Boulder/Morrison trails are going to get hammered.

Cool COLORADO WEATHER DISCUSSION THREAD

There is always bad weather

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Freddy, you know me. I'm an equal opportunity hater. There are assholes from everywhere. I hate the term local, I don't even know what it means. Right now, style and class mater more than ever. It is not what you do, it is how you do it. This letter to the paper sums it up pretty well.
    Not sure why, but when people up here in summit use the term "long time local" I just cringe. Mostly because there's plenty of people up here who grew up here who have been here a long time but don't even take advantage of what it has to offer and are just like any other simpleton from anywhere, USA. All the raddest people I know up here are from the east coast pretty much.

^^^I'm not even sure what all that means I know one thing, I'd rather be a simpleton where anywhere than rad and from the east coast.

Speaking of style and class, driving up from the city and taking all you brand new backcountry shit outta the truck and putting your skins on the driveway....yeah that just happened down the street from me. Nice enough people but a little to cool for school with there I got a place in the mountains so like...I'm local...right?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    there has always been friction and hostility towards gapers and front rangers
    now the "locals" have created a reason to justify all that anger and they are lashing out
    don't bite the hand that feeds you
    never mind too late
    Peeps will remember.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    Freddy, you know me. I'm an equal opportunity hater. There are assholes from everywhere. I hate the term local, I don't even know what it means. Right now, style and class mater more than ever. It is not what you do, it is how you do it. This letter to the paper sums it up pretty well.
    just trying to get a rise out of people and you buddy, you lay on the hate more than anyone and I'm always happy when you do cause it's the gold standard
    but yeah the number of shiny clean luxury suv's driving in summit today, well you know the people inside all clean and styled out they ain't from here

might be a good sell off of BC gear come fall when people realize it's not as fun as riding a chair lift

oh yeah almost forgot i'm local as fuck I remember when (*insert bullshit story) and I'm from one of the most liberal places on the east coast I must be winning

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    60s-70s in Denver for the week. Most have moved on in my estimation. The local Golden/Boulder/Morrison trails are going to get hammered.
    One good thing is this nice weather is allowing more trail systems to open up, which should help spread out the crowds. Another couple weeks of warm weather and even more will open up.

Trails haven't been that bad at all during the week, and even later in the afternoon on the weekend. Of course, I don't bother with places like Marshal Mesa or North Table, I'm sure those are beyond slammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    Peeps will remember.
    Yeah, people are going to stop going to the mountains in the future. The new attraction will be Limon where the people are friendly, the landscape is flat and unthreatening, and you can get a 2br 2ba condo for $150K! Oh and don't forget the national prairie dog preserve, or the tumbleweed hall of fame! Winters will be beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Yeah, people are going to stop going to the mountains in the future. The new attraction will be Limon where the people are friendly, the landscape is flat and unthreatening, and you can get a 2br 2ba condo for $150K! Oh and don't forget the national prairie dog preserve, or the tumbleweed hall of fame! Winters will be beautiful!
    Heh

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

And don't forget the mountain biking!

I've always wanted to head out that way to see the tarantula migration in September. Or maybe that's more La Junta. Nice country until the 105 degree days in the summer with the winds forcing the scents of agriculture down your face.