Page 1073 of 1652 FirstFirst ... 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 ... LastLast
Results 26,801 to 26,825 of 41290
    Has Tua Tagovailoa broken the Saban curse? Where's Montanabamaskier?

I didn't see it with my own eyes, but I heard the line at gondy one was EPICtm like in that pic from a few years back.

At least the skiing lived up to the hype.

It did not suck today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9305.JPG 
Views:	148 
Size:	571.3 KB 
ID:	257132

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9308.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	306.8 KB 
ID:	257133

Quote Originally Posted by viglio View Post
    It did not suck today.
    110's?Did you happen to talk to a couple who had a truck camper?

Blower!

Nice shots!!

Lots of knee deep and a few thigh deep spots out there today...I'm 6'3" for reference. Some of the places I skied today aren't usually ready until mid December on an "average" year.

Saw some pics of the crowd at the bottom of Chair 5. Looked Epic.

2' and a bunch of wind. Interesting choice even though Red Lady has become a green light run, especially for the crew I suspect were there...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1543186084885.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	257157

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by goldenboy View Post
    2' and a bunch of wind. Interesting choice even though Red Lady has become a green light run, especially for the crew I suspect were there...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1543186084885.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	257157

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Bigly!

Sent from my XT1585 using TGR Forums mobile app

Anyone at ABasin today? Any rumors on the Beavers opening tomorrow?

Hard to beat cold NW flow!

Copper report....all Excellerator and Timberline runs open and riding great, backside Sierra was superb, Revenge side is pretty close. Patrol did kick off a pretty good size slide in Kaboom. Eagle was spinning all day for testing, Flyer has no haul rope.
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 11-25-2018 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Saw some pics of the crowd at the bottom of Chair 5. Looked Epic.
    Thats why you play on the front until Ouzo opened up to take a few un & lightly tracked runs before you go. Lower OS was closed so kind of a bust of a run though still fun and then cycled to WFO-ish which was money. 3-4 minute #5 lines by then.

I have no beta on beavers but A-basin was pretty choice today until about 10-11am when they closed the main lift and everyone got on pali.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryingtostaywarm View Post
    110's?Did you happen to talk to a couple who had a truck camper?
    Dry Gulch actually

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Al mentioned in his blog that it will open tomorrow.

The beav skied well today. Not much open, but there was a little rope drop under centennial that was fun. Seems like most mountain ops people are working on getting things set for the world cup and not super focused on getting the mountain open. There is plenty of snow to open Larkspur, Rose Bowl, Strawberry Park, etc but they weren't open yet.

Not too crowded today though, which was nice.

Question to the collective- if you were going to chase rope drops on I70 tomorrow, where would you ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Question to the collective- if you were going to chase rope drops on I70 tomorrow, where would you ski?
    I would probably lean towards the announced Beavers opening at ABasin tomorrow, but could China Bowl at Vail open? I dunno.

I talked with Breck ski patrol today and they should start hitting upper Peak 7 with avy mitigation work tomorrow....but that would probably still take a few days to open.
    Old's Cool.

Al says some of the Beavers trails like Loafer will open, not the whole thing...FYI

The beav skied well today. Not much open, but there was a little rope drop under centennial that was fun. Seems like most mountain ops people are working on getting things set for the world cup and not super focused on getting the mountain open. There is plenty of snow to open Larkspur, Rose Bowl, Strawberry Park, etc but they weren't open yet.

Chair 10 at Vail is this week, maybe tomorrow. The Beav never opens anything until after the World Cup. They have to keep dally driveable for buses. Once it’s over and that route is covered, they’ll start dropping ropes.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Let me know next time you come up... I was at the Beav this afternoon for a few hours. Pretty damn good conditions given how early it is. I think another 1-2 feet and they’ll open just about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    Let me know next time you come up... I was at the Beav this afternoon for a few hours. Pretty damn good conditions given how early it is. I think another 1-2 feet and they’ll open just about everything.
    Thought about giving you a shout. Will def hit you up next time!

Caught the Beavers rope drop. Loafer was ok but fairly tracked out by Patrol before they opened it. Second and third lap in the trees off Loafer were fucking deep and sweet!
    As expected, the initial rope drop of Loafer was a clusterfuck of Chinese downhill and bad skiers crashing or tripping up each other. Thankfully got ahead of that shit but heard some funny stories of people almost taking out patrol and the ropes.

Thanks for the input, mags. I opted for A Basin and caught the Beavers rope drop. Glad I went to the Basin today!

Caught the Beavers rope drop. Loafer was ok but fairly tracked out by Patrol before they opened it. Second and third lap in the trees off Loafer were fucking deep and sweet!
    As expected, the initial rope drop of Loafer was a clusterfuck of Chinese downhill and bad skiers crashing or tripping up each other. Thankfully got ahead of that shit but heard some funny stories of people almost taking out patrol and the ropes.
    I must have skied right next to you. I was somewhere near the front of the loafers rope drop. It was a total shit show, but so much fun. Probably 200+ people all racing off the drop.

I can't believe how many people ate it up top. I'm pretty average (maybe not even) by maggot standards, but after dodging a few bodies under that zigzag entry at the top I made a few turns, looked up and there weren't many people around. Seems like a lot of people who were pushing to get the rope drop either couldn't ski pow or didn't have legs yet for the season.

That's my second year in a row catching a big drop at A Basin. So much fun. The new (to me anyway) terrain at the Beavers is a great addition. It's kinda sorta protected from the wind and seems like it will hold pow. I think it will help split the crowds away from pali on pow days.

A Basin is really on the up and up the past couple years. Props to the whole crew up there!

Thanks for the input, mags. I opted for A Basin and caught the Beavers rope drop. Glad I went to the Basin today!

I must have skied right next to you. I was somewhere near the front of the loafers rope drop. It was a total shit show, but so much fun. Probably 200+ people all racing off the drop.

I can't believe how many people ate it up top. I'm pretty average (maybe not even) by maggot standards, but after dodging a few bodies under that zigzag entry at the top I made a few turns, looked up and there weren't many people around. Seems like a lot of people who were pushing to get the rope drop either couldn't ski pow or didn't have legs yet for the season.

That's my second year in a row catching a big drop at A Basin. So much fun. The new (to me anyway) terrain at the Beavers is a great addition. It's kinda sorta protected from the wind and seems like it will hold pow. I think it will help split the crowds away from pali on pow days.

A Basin is really on the up and up the past couple years. Props to the whole crew up there!
    Yeah, I was right up front. Black jacket, blue pants, Bent Chets. I was also looking back expecting to get run over but yeah, I heard people lost skis, fell, etc

The terrain sucks. No need to go anywhere but Breck and Vail.