Page 1034 of 1651 FirstFirst ... 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 ... LastLast
Results 25,826 to 25,850 of 41256
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Because they have a lease agreement. If you own a house and rent it to Joe, do you think you can walk into Joe's house anytime you please? No, it's Joe's house, you retain some rights but certainly not the right of entry.

What Loveland can or can't do is entirely dependent on the terms of their lease agreement with the Forest Service.
    Ahh so without seeing the lease we have no clue what is or isn’t allowed. I just figured it was the off season. Do leases typically go into summer for resorts?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Do leases typically go into summer for resorts?
    No, usually they have to take down all the lifts every spring when the lease runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    No, usually they have to take down all the lifts every spring when the lease runs out.
    God damnit... haha 🤣

I call bullshit on the whole lease and banning people from accessing the resort

I'd fight it in court all day if I ever got in real trouble

it's more of a safety thing, where twenty something years ago they didn't care but now there is more stupid people in the world and they do stupid things so it's a liablity so they close the place off

I've been up at breck in closed areas summer and winter and never really had any issues, low profile is the way to go

but once when I was in telluride for the summer they had most of the mountain closed down, I think it was a security thing after the two elks fire, and they were doing lots of work up there, I was riding my bike around having a grand old time, having gone past a couple barricades and closed signs, up on the mtn this secuirty office tracked me down and all hell broke loose, he touched me and my bike, lucky I was stoned to the bone and my acting backround worked out pretty good, I played stupid saying I came in from way over there and didn't see any signs, even though I'd been up there all week riding, twenty mins later after calling the sherriff the supervisers and all this bullshit, they let me go if I rode down certain trails, and I agreed not to come back up, then I noted a few things for him as I rode away making him pissed and confused since I let I that I knew exactly what I was doing up there. lucky I was faster than a pick up

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    And take out all the moguls and store them in Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post

I'd fight it in court all day if I ever got in real trouble

it's more of a safety thing, where twenty something years ago they didn't care but now there is more stupid people in the world and they do stupid things so it's a liablity so they close the place off

I've been up at breck in closed areas summer and winter and never really had any issues, low profile is the way to go
    You call bullshit as in you don't believe ski resorts can have the legal authority to bar access during off-season? Or you call bullshit as in you think it's bullshit that they can have that authority?

If the former, well, you are most definitely incorrect. It is a fact specific inquiry, depending on the terms of the lease agreement and possibly other factors, but as a general matter, if those facts/documents justify it, it is legal. If the latter, well, yeah, it sucks and sometimes can be stealthily circumvented.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah... A Basin was logging the Beavers last summer and slinging the logs out via helicopter. I imagine their lease is pretty clear that they can close that zone to public access so that some Jerry out for a hike doesn't end up in a woodchipper.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chipper.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	162.8 KB 
ID:	236074

it's god damn public land owned by americans like me so I can do whatever I want on my land
    gov't thinks they can give it away to some big corporation so they can make money
    well that's not too american is it?
    just like the time the ranger stopped me for being on a closed trail who has the right to close trails?
    if we keep closing land to honest to god americans like me everything would start looking like boulder
    my favorte line: "I'm from littleton I just didn't know"
    works all the time

it's god damn public land owned by americans like me so I can do whatever I want on my land
    gov't thinks they can give it away to some big corporation so they can make money
    just like the time the ranger stopped me for being on a closed trail who has the right to close trails?
    if we keep closing land to honest to god americans like me everything would start looking like boulder
    my favorte line: "I'm from littleton I just didn't know"
    works all the time
    You're cute.

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

I heard from someone today that the CO River runoff already peaked and it was the lowest peak level in recorded history?

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I heard from someone today that the CO River runoff already peaked and it was the lowest peak level in recorded history?
    yeah, it was in the denver post or the grand junciton paper that did an article on it, it's peaking this weekend I think
    third worst run off

the crazy thing is I was just in fruita and the colorado doesn't exactly have that much water in it for may

seeing the same thing here, even though there is a ton of snow in summit, the blue river isn't exactly flooding and I don't think it's going to

don't worry because it's not going to rain for the next six weeks and then it will rain every day of july and august

We haven't had a heat wave yet.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Scientifically, "peak runnoff" is a squirrely thing. Right now some rivers are running above normal and some are not. In a generally cool and wet time of year up here in the mountains, it has been generally hot and dry.

Fred, if you are moving, it surprises me that you'd be going to Crested Butte. If you are gonna get the fuck outta Dodge, get the fuck! outta! Dodge. Move to where the livin' is cheap, ride your bike and figure it out.

IDK about runoff numbers, but according to an Ark River raft guy I talked to, all the reservoirs are at or above 100% of average, so he's expecting flows on the Ark to be pretty consistent this year as the water authorities vary release to provide a steady supply.

Now, if it doesn't snow next year, water supply is fucked.

The Gore and Eagle don't seem very large. A longtime local told me and have seen to be pretty accurate is that when Riva run melts off, that is your Gore peak.

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post

Fred, if you are moving, it surprises me that you'd be going to Crested Butte. If you are gonna get the fuck outta Dodge, get the fuck! outta! Dodge. Move to where the livin' is cheap, ride your bike and figure it out.
    I wouldn't believe anything you read on the internet
    Just trying to get people all bent out of shape about CB's soon to be had demise by going Epic
    A buddy who grew up up in summit was in CB this winter mentioned how great it was, it was like summit county twenty five years ago
    If and when I bail, been bailing for twenty years now, I am going somewhere cheap and south/west
    Then again if I get some chick from highlands ranch pregnant then I'm in real trouble
    Actually hoping to knock this girl from aspen up so we can live in her dad's condo together happily ever after

it's very american, actually. I can't think of anything more American, especially under the current administration.

Man, fishing Deckers is gorgeous

Name:	IMG_6722.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	236248

Unrelated to the water discussion but had myself a time up on James peak today. Got there too late for anything but the mellow stuff but a few of the star’s are still in

Quote Originally Posted by Get.Kronk View Post
    Unrelated to the water discussion but had myself a time up on James peak today. Got there too late for anything but the mellow stuff but a few of the star’s are still in

Did you go up from St Mary’s? How’s coverage? Did you get a look down at Loch Lomond? How low is the snow line down there now?

Colorado Weather Discussion Thread

Did you go up from St Mary’s? How’s coverage? Did you get a look down at Loch Lomond? How low is the snow line down there now?
    Yep st. Mary’s, left the lot around 5:30, coverage was much better than expected, never took skins off crossings the flats (had to walk a bit on the way back), did not look at lommond, here’s a picture looking north that might give you an idea of coverage. Skied off the summit and embarrassingly got ahead of myself and buried myself into some ice chunks and lost a lot of skin on one arm. Got up and enjoyed great corn the rest of the way down

Name:	IMG_1467.JPG 
Views:	111 
Size:	326.3 KB 
ID:	236258

Last edited by Get.Kronk; 05-17-2018 at 09:58 PM.

^ nice!

james peak you say

Man, fishing Deckers is gorgeous

Name:	IMG_6722.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	236248
    dam straight.... love that area, heading up in a couple weeks for some camping and fishing.

^^^water looks low